Gase exposed. On display for everyone.

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

WTF kind of coaching did we hear on the sideline. Just get a score, we reset and get the ball in the second half? Obviously Darnold was over his head with what he was dealing with so what does Gase do? He puts more pressure  on Darnold to fix what is basically  his mess. 

TIL that saying “settle down and score a TD, please” is bad coaching

• Upvote 3

Gases gameplan was atrocious but... the sideline pep talk was the only positive from the entire night. 

Darnold is a 22 year old kid. Football is a crazy emotional sport. Things were going disastrously. I liked that Gase was collected and tried to pump Darnold up in that moment. You see it with caddies and golf all the time. It’s a mental sport, all about momentum. You think it’s all they talked about the entire game? That was literally a 5 second clip. 

• Upvote 3

not much opinion on gase but the offensive coaching has to be able to figure out how to counter whatever the patsies were doing.  it's not rocket science.  the patsies were disguising their blitzes but still only coming up the middle.  the jets needed to adjust and didn't.  the patsies feast on such defensive schemes.

• Sympathy 3

not much opinion on gase but the offensive coaching has to be able to figure out how to counter whatever the patsies were doing.  it's not rocket science.  the patsies were disguising their blitzes but still only coming up the middle.  the jets needed to adjust and didn't.  the patsies feast on such defensive schemes.
Nice observation.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

sweet merciful crap

It's  really amazing  you think this is OK. It is well known what Phil Jackson said to Jordan when they were losing in the last 5 minutes. Take over the game and win it for us, bit that was Michael Jordan. Sam was clearly not the Cali cool kid we have been told about. What I saw was a young guy that had taken multiple hits in the mouth. Get a TD and we reset is not coaching. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

It's  really amazing  you think this is OK. It is well known what Phil Jackson said to Jordan when they were losing in the last 5 minutes. Take over the game and win it for us, bit that was Michael Jordan. Sam was clearly not the Cali cool kid we have been told about. What I saw was a young guy that had taken multiple hits in the mouth. Get a TD and we reset is not coaching. 

He didnt need pumping up, he needed someone to hold his peepee while he made a weewee 

2 minutes ago, Gibby said:

I’m not going to sit here and scream fire him!

However- it would be nice to know what their plan was for all the blitzes. Considering it’s been on film all year. They had no plan and no clue. Hard to fathom any coach who fancy’s himself as an “ offensive guru” wouldn’t have a plan with contingencies built in to adjust to.

The Jets were thoroughly out coached and looked completely foolish.

I just hope Darnold will be able to move past this. He was completely reckless simply throwing the ball ip for grabs. 

At the very least Gase should’ve reminded him a sack is far better than a turnover.

Sam had no room to setup and throw and no time. On his best pass of the night Darnold was hit by two Pats defenders as he released the ball. I believe he was throwing it up there hoping one of his WR would make a.play on the ball

None of them did. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Sam had no room to setup and throw and no time. On his best pass of the night Darnold was hit by two Pats defenders as he released the ball. I believe he was throwing it up there hoping one of his WR would make a.play on the ball

None of them did. 

Respectfully disagree. Not your point with all the pressure. I’m referring to him throwing off his back foot into double and triple coverage. Much like in the Buffalo game ( really hurt them on the final drive) there were a several times they showed blitz and played zone and Sam had a relatively clean pocket and he still rushed and threw the ball recklessly. 
He was completely shell shocked. Not criticizing him- he’s a young quarterback and not the the first or last young qb that will look like this vs the best coach of all time. My post was more about being prepared for what they had to know what they were going to see and have a plan. 
They from what I could did not. 
In all the crappy games thus far this year they were waiting for Sam to come back so they could circle the wagons- it worked for one week. I’m concerned going forward with the psyche of this team and their young qb when they start seeing the same thing from other teams that will do the same thing when they play them. When Sam chucks the first one up will he default right back to the same place in his mind as last night?

• Upvote 1

Pats defense reminds me of Ryan's when revis was still good. Lock down corner takes away number 1 receiver. Crazy blitz packages force QB to throw early. 

Always thought Ryan could be a really good HC if he could stay out of personnel and learn in game adjustments. 

I think as is he's better than Gase. I know the roster is not good but when teams look this bad it falls on coaching. Either the players are woefully unprepared or they have given up.  

Do you think these players would be this bad under BB? 

• Upvote 4

This offensive line is horrible in zone blocking and communication.

Literally all of next week practice, the defense should keep blitzing up the middle until they figure out how to block simple blitzes.

Get them motivated by only giving them salads to eat or something ?.

Even if went with 7 OL there would still be a free runner to the qb right up the middle with a simple blitz.

Someone needs to be accountable. Change the scheme, fire the OL coach, for the love of god bench Kalil. He is not helping sam with the line calls at all.

We need to be sellers before the trading market. Make everyone available minus Darnold, Bell, Herndon.

On defense, I would be open to everyone being available for trade for the right price.

image.png.8c02c29427d32ff4be7711efec764a1a.png

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

NY Jets offense under a guy we got from a div rival who never had good offenses despite it being his specialty.:

Points per game - Dead last in the league

Yards per game - Dead last in the league

Results aside the offense itself looks dead,  much worse than when it was run by guys like morton and bates.

Still too early to evaluate the Offense.  1st game Darnold has mono and he still puts up the best game statistically against the Bill D than anyone else.  3 games of Luke Falk who should never have taken a single snap in the NFL.  The Dallas game, and now last night going against a D, who ALLOWS AROUND 100 yards LESS per game than the ‘85 Bears, I just saw that stat..unreal.  Also the Pats rarely give up more than 200 yards of Offense to anyone this year.

Being last in Points and yards right now is no surprise.  See what it looks like at year end.

• WTF? 1

One thing I am certain about is that Joe Douglas is no rube like Mac, and I do believe that Douglas has the Johnsons' ear because after CJ was soundly criticized for the timing of his Mac firing (which was silly cause any time was the right time to fire Mac),  he was applauded for making the Joe Douglas hire.  And no ownership responds to the perceptions of those around them like the Jets owners do, who's model typically involves hiring the wrong guy to run things and then believing everything that wrong guy says hook, line, and sinker.  So, without question, right now, Douglas's words are like gold to the Johnsons. 

Douglas was not involved in the hiring of Gase. And, unlike Mac, Douglas played. So, while Douglas may be silent right now, when the season is over, he will most certainly have a viewpoint of whether Gase is the right HC for this team, and there is no doubt in my mind the Johnsons will be taking their cues from Douglas. 

59 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Respectfully disagree. Not your point with all the pressure. I’m referring to him throwing off his back foot into double and triple coverage. Much like in the Buffalo game ( really hurt them on the final drive) there were a several times they showed blitz and played zone and Sam had a relatively clean pocket and he still rushed and threw the ball recklessly. 
He was completely shell shocked. Not criticizing him- he’s a young quarterback and not the the first or last young qb that will look like this vs the best coach of all time. My post was more about being prepared for what they had to know what they were going to see and have a plan. 
They from what I could did not. 
In all the crappy games thus far this year they were waiting for Sam to come back so they could circle the wagons- it worked for one week. I’m concerned going forward with the psyche of this team and their young qb when they start seeing the same thing from other teams that will do the same thing when they play them. When Sam chucks the first one up will he default right back to the same place in his mind as last night?

I don't  think that will be the case, I think Sam learns from today. You were spot on with a lot of points here but i don't  agree with him throwing into double and triple  coverage because the Pat's were in zero most of the night. They were just a lot of 50-50 balls, no e of which we won. 

• Upvote 1

This will be Gase's signature game as a Jets head coach.  I don't think there's any coming back from this pathetic display of game planning and coaching.  The Jets looked clueless in every possible way and while we can all acknowledge that this team is lacking in talent, there is absolutely no excuse for this.  The team was not even remotely competitive.  When this happens, it is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT on the coaches.  There is no defending the indefensible.

I cannot remember the last time I was this disappointed in a Jets loss.  

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

This will be Gase's signature game as a Jets head coach.  I don't think there's any coming back from this pathetic display of game planning and coaching.  The Jets looked clueless in every possible way and while we can all acknowledge that this team is lacking in talent, there is absolutely no excuse for this.  The team was not even remotely competitive.  When this happens, it is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT on the coaches.  There is no defending the indefensible.

I cannot remember the last time I was this disappointed in a Jets loss.  

I'm not sure why your hopes were up.  There were way too many indicators that this game was going to be a blowout.