Zero interest in drafting another QB

Jumbo2927

I think last night most rational Jets fan saw the writing on the wall that Darnold is not a franchise QB. Call it an overreaction, but in a league where second year QBs are doing amazing things ours just turned in one of the worst performances I have ever seen. 

With that said I have zero interest in taking another QB high in round 1. This organization sucks as drafting & developing QBs. The WRs and OL are bigger problems than Darnold.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 16

20 minutes ago, Jumbo2927 said:

I think last night most rational Jets fan saw the writing on the wall that Darnold is not a franchise QB. Call it an overreaction, but in a league where second year QBs are doing amazing things ours just turned in one of the worst performances I have ever seen. 

With that said I have zero interest in taking another QB high in round 1. This organization sucks as drafting & developing QBs. The WRs and OL are bigger problems than Darnold.

He’s 22 numbnuts and has a bad HC/OC and awful oline. 

• Upvote 4

What’s the flaw? Not being about to stiff arm a free rusher with one arm and pass with the other? Bellichick exposed our OL, WR, and coaches problems.
Agree. Best case scenario those INTs and the fumble he has the wherewithall to throw it away, we still don't move the ball and we're still shut out.

6 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

There's going to be so many irrational posts on this board all week declaring Sam not a franchise QB because of 1 game against the Patriots lol.

These people, and the trolls from New England, and Buffalo are going to be a lot to deal with this week lol.

Its not 1 game.  He has had a lot of bad games.

• Thumb Down 2

22 minutes ago, Jumbo2927 said:

Yeah, amazing stuff. It's amazing Rosen got teaded after his first year and then got benched for Fitzpatrick  I think twice. It's amazing after a pretty good rookie season Mayfield has 11 picks and 4 TDs and has fumbles the ball about another 5 times. It's amazing Josh Allen has not progressed at all. Does anyone really think that team is 5-1 because of Allen. Granted he isn't  losing the games so maybe that is something. 

Jackson the jury is still out as far as I'm concerned.  Amazing game against the Fins and meh the rest of the season. 

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Not that you'll ever acknowledge anything resembling reality when it comes to Darnold, but the flaw is that he's a front runner QB.  When things aren't breaking down around him, he can look good.  Once he's really challenged, his instincts take over, and his instincts are not to protect the football, but to throw it up for grabs.  He stinks under duress.  Last night wasn't an anomaly, it's what we saw last year.  We saw him do the same on drives at the end of the game with the ball in his hand to win, and he never delivered, not once.  That he's surrounded by crap is only part of the explanation, as it can't excuse a great deal of the decisions he does make.

We will know more things about Sam Darnold the QB in next week's game than we did this week's game. How will he bounce back. 

That is the best way to begin judging a qb at this level.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Not that you'll ever acknowledge anything resembling reality when it comes to Darnold, but the flaw is that he's a front runner QB.  When things aren't breaking down around him, he can look good.  Once he's really challenged, his instincts take over, and his instincts are not to protect the football, but to throw it up for grabs.  He stinks under duress.  Last night wasn't an anomaly, it's what we saw last year.  We saw him do the same on drives at the end of the game with the ball in his hand to win, and he never delivered, not once.  That he's surrounded by crap is only part of the explanation, as it can't excuse a great deal of the decisions he does make.

He was actually even worse when not pressured last night.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Your point implies that there were plays to be made that Darnold simply missed. not the case at all... The first INT was a bad terrible play. Outside of that... I saw a young player trying to make something happen out of an impossible situation. Darnold has thrived in chaos his entire career, it’s his single best attribute. Coming into this game he was one of the best ranked QBs against the blitz in the entire leuage. 

Just now, nico002 said:

Your point implies that there were plays to be made that Darnold simply missed. not the case at all... The first INT was a bad terrible play. Outside of that... I saw a young player trying to make something happen out of an impossible situation. Darnold has thrived in chaos his entire career, it’s his single best attribute. Coming into this game he was one of the best ranked QBs against the blitz in the entire leuage. 

He had Anderson wide open for a touchdown and wasnt close.

4 minutes ago, nico002 said:

My point does not imply that at all.  It implies that Darnold throws the ball up in the air when things aren’t going his way.  As I said before, a better QB doesn’t win this game for us, but the turnovers fall largely on him.  This really isn’t about blitzing at all.

12 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

He's also had plenty of good games. Just like Baker Mayfield, just like Allen...

He's a young QB on a bad team. He's going to have ups and downs until he grows more at the position and the team around him gets better. 

I must have missed their 4int, 5 turnover games.

• Thumb Down 1

Aren't you the guy who was on here comparing Daniel Jones to Dan Marino yesterday? 

Who was that poster who kept pretending to be a Jets fan but pumped up Daniel Jones and Dave Gettleman all the time? He got banned and then created another account with the same schtick a couple days later.

@The Crusher, @Maxman, this is @WayneChrebet80  

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

I must have missed their 4int, 5 turnover games.

A bad game is a bad game. It's 1 game. The overreactions on this site are insane. Josh Allen threw 3 picks against New England. He turned it over 4 times against us. 

Anyone can cherry pick 1 game and go "I didn't see the other guys have a game like that." It means nothing. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

A bad game is a bad game. It's 1 game. The overreactions on this site are insane. Josh Allen threw 3 picks against New England. He turned it over 4 times against us. 

Anyone can cherry pick 1 game and go "I didn't see the other guys have a game like that." It means nothing. 

Josh Allen also sucks though.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, nico002 said:

What’s the flaw? Not being about to stiff arm a free rusher with one arm and pass with the other? Bellichick exposed our OL, WR, and coaches problems.

Throwing off back foot, throwing ball up for grabs when pressued, poor accuracy (high all night), clearly got rattled and never recovered, poor pocket presence, poor blitz recognition.. etc

Much of this has showed up in other games too.

Last night didnt change my opinion of Darnold anymore than last week. Kid has a long way to go before becoming the type of QB who plays well consistently. Hes a puncher, not a boxer 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Jumbo2927 said:

You just negated the premise of your entire post within the same post haha.

The Jets have a putrid OL that last night allowed free rushers on Darnold every time he tried to pass.  They have receivers who can never get separation yet you think you can evaluate Darnold and expect him to do “amazing things” in that environment?

Ive already seen him do “amazing things”.  Almost beating a top rated Houston D last year all by himself, along with many incredible throws fit into the tightest of windows.  JJ Watt told him end of the game “you’re going to be a great Pro”...but what does he know?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Josh Allen also sucks though.

I tend to agree that Allen sucks but I was responding to a post from another member saying he didn't see performances from Baker and Josh like Sam had last night.

It's 1 game. He's a young QB on a bad football team going up against arguably the best team in the league. He played awful. It happens. I'm more interested to see how he responds now that the schedule is going to lighten up.

7 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Agree with your saying but you have to be concerned about his mechanics