Zero interest in drafting another QB

Jumbo2927

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Agreed.  Priorities 1A and 1b right now have to be OL, and weapons for Sam.  Yes, he looked like garbage on Monday night, but we still don't know what he is or what he can be.  If he fails, part of the reason could be the situation we put him in.  Bad OL.  Limited weapons.  A great back like Le'veon Bell is putting up pedestrian numbers in this offense -- it has to impact the development of a young QB.

Add weapons,  Build the OL, and if Sam does not get it done with a better supporting cast, at least we will have something in place that can help the next guy succeed.  Don't want to see the team make the same mistakes.  Again and again.

Bingo. It’s really not that difficult to understand. It makes ZERO sense to talk about moving on from Sam yet. I agree that he is an unknown and basically negated any good that he has shown with that disaster of a performance the other night.

Sam or the new young QB will need an OL and weapons. Why would anyone want a QB even if we decide to move on from Sam? It’s insane and completely backwards. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Bingo. It’s really not that difficult to understand. It makes ZERO sense to talk about moving on from Sam yet. I agree that he is an unknown and basically negated any good that he has shown with that disaster of a performance the other night.

Sam or the new young QB will need an OL and weapons. Why would anyone want a QB even if we decide to move on from Sam? It’s insane and completely backwards. 

MOAR WEAAAPPOOOINNNZXXXXX&;&&:@(@/&/&3848

11 minutes ago, jgb said:

MOAR WEAAAPPOOOINNNZXXXXX&;&&:@(@/&/&3848

Do you not think that we need OL and offensive weapons? A miracle worker couldn’t make this offense function. We need to provide the best environment possible for a young QB. I didn’t read other posts so not sure what your actual take is. 

3 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Do you not think that we need OL and offensive weapons? A miracle worker couldn’t make this offense function. We need to provide the best environment possible for a young QB. I didn’t read other posts so not sure what your actual take is. 

A QB who needs the “best environment possible” is not a franchise QB.

• Upvote 2

Just now, jgb said:

A QB who needs the “best environment possible” is not a franchise QB.

I think we are splitting hairs here. Not literally the best environment possible but at least a middle of the pack OL and offensive skill position core. The better they are, the more they can help a young QB or prop them up so the team is competitive. Look at Sanchez. Pure trash that was propped up by his team. That was the “best environment possible” for Sanchez so we’ve seen first hand how it helps.

We cannot invest in a QB yet. I am not sold on Sam but I am sure that 10 years of neglecting the OL and offense, is the reason why our offense is always terrible. Fix that first and we get a better gauge on any new QB and also see if Sam is salvageable. Getting a new QB now does nothing. You wouldn’t build a house without a foundation. The OL is that basic foundation and it doesn’t have to be the best either. 

2 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I think we are splitting hairs here. Not literally the best environment possible but at least a middle of the pack OL and offensive skill position core. The better they are, the more they can help a young QB or prop them up so the team is competitive. Look at Sanchez. Pure trash that was propped up by his team. That was the “best environment possible” for Sanchez so we’ve seen first hand how it helps.

We cannot invest in a QB yet. I am not sold on Sam but I am sure that 10 years of neglecting the OL and offense, is the reason why our offense is always terrible. Fix that first and we get a better gauge on any new QB and also see if Sam is salvageable. Getting a new QB now does nothing. You wouldn’t build a house without a foundation. The OL is that basic foundation and it doesn’t have to be the best either. 

If Sam has the potential to be elite he would play better than moldy dog turds regardless of situation.

This needs to be the decision year. Does he have it or not?

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

If Sam has the potential to be elite he would play better than moldy dog turds regardless of situation.

I disagree. You can’t put someone in this horrible and neglected of an offense and expect much. It’s unrealistic and not an accurate assessment of a player because the offense doesn’t even function at all. It could be a number of reasons including Sam sucking.

Take Sam out of the equation and the offense is still a disaster. You have to fix it regardless. Wouldn’t t make sense to do that first and assess Sam next year while he is on a short leash? You could move on anytime once you have a half decent offense.

What we have is completely unacceptable across the board on offense with Sam still being an unknown since we can’t properly assess him. I’m down on Sam right now because there is no excuse for what happened Monday but replacing him is not fixing the bigger problem that has plagued us for years. Fix the non QB positions on offense and you will be able to plug in a QB and not have anymore excuses. Right now the excuse is valid unfortunately and we would ruin Mahomes or any other top QB. 

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

The shame of all this is the lost opportunity.  McCown &/or Fitz were the perfect guys to bring for a year or two while you upgrade OL & WR and create an offense that would be ready for a young guy.  Instead, we draft safeties and interior DL and put a young QB in the middle of an offense that deparately needs to be rebuilt around him.

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Josh allen has crappy rbs, crappy reciever s and crappy tight ends and hes still a boss.  The bills might have to worst collection of offensive skill positions in the league.  They are dreadful.

And josh allen continues to put them on his back w no help and win games.

Josh Allen is Light years ahead of sam darnold.  Light years.

The bills have one of the NFL’s best defenses

Just now, Lith said:

The shame of all this is the lost opportunity.  McCown &/or Fitz were the perfect guys to bring for a year or two while you upgrade OL & WR and create an offense that would be ready for a young guy.  Instead, we draft safeties and interior DL and put a young QB in the middle of an offense that deparately needs to be rebuilt around him.

It’s a damn shame. I will always hate Mac because of this. I would have rather not drafted a top QB prospect at all considering it’s just going to blow up in our faces. 

46 minutes ago, jgb said:

Sam has had two back to back horrible head coaches and GMs building garbage around him

You guys act like he’s Baker taking weekly sh-ts with Beckham, Landry, Chubb and a good defense

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Sam has had two back to back horrible head coaches and GMs building garbage around him

You guys act like he’s Baker taking weekly sh-ts with Beckham, Landry, Chubb and a good defense

Peyton Manning won a super bowl with Tony Dungy what's your point

49 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

In other words with a really good environment the best we can hope for is Sam Darnold is an upper echelon JAG quarterback. Basically Marc Bulger.

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

In other words with a really good environment the best we can hope for is Sam Darnold is an upper echelon JAG quarterback. Basically Marc Bulger.

Ummmm.....no? He may have a very high ceiling. We can’t tell anything right now. A rebuilt offense benefits any QB. I don’t know how else to explain my point at this point. 

Extremely premature and the very definition of over reaction. Besides the QB analysis, I agree the Jets have to Address the OL, CB, DE and WR positions aggressively the next few years.

Im watching third and fourth year qbs, who lit it up their sophomore year having rough times. Get Darnold a ******* line that can block and a true number 1 receiver. The D hasn’t had a legit number one CB or DE in a decade. The Jets organization owes every player and fan from the past ten years an apology and the Johnson brothers need to get away from this team. Its been 20 years of hell, awful drafting and same ol’ jets.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app