The League should take action

GumboBoat

The League needs to step in and force a sale of this team. There must be a By Law regarding gross mismanagement. The Redskins come close but nowhere near the incompetence.

I  understand they had some key people out but how the Cowboys lost to the Jets is such a miracle that the Vatican should investigate.

Dolphin front office is intentionally tanking this season. They're trying to lose.  And they’re a far and away better team than the Jets.

The Bucs have SERIOUS issues. They’d blow the doors off the Jets.

I can’t think of an NFL team that comes anywhere close to not only how bad but how poorly managed as the Jets are.

The NFL needs to step in!

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 8
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

The closest the NFL ever came to stepping in and trying to fix a team was assigning George Young to be GM of the giants but I think that was because ownership was trying to kill each other and they were clearly out of control. 

As far as tje NFL is concerned, there are bad teams every season. This is just another season where the Jets are bad. 

• Upvote 2

I honestly at this point don't know what even the NFL can do.

Woody went to the NFL and got recommendations to help with a coaching search and was recommended Bowles and Mac. 

The Jets are the Knicks now. Whatever they try to do blows up in their faces.

Hopefully Douglas can start bringing in some talent, get some protection for Sam and maybe 2020 they will be better.

• Upvote 3

I long for the good old days of Rex and Tanny........seriously......it was Idzik that killed Rex....as disappointing as his last few years were Rex was a better HC than any since.  Geez, Bowles was better than this.  What I just witnessed was a disgrace, blitz blitz blitz and no answer what so ever  

Can't blame this on Falk, this was all Gase. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

9 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The closest the NFL ever came to stepping in and trying to fix a team was assigning George Young to be GM of the giants but I think that was because ownership was trying to kill each other and they were clearly out of control. 

As far as tje NFL is concerned, there are bad teams every season. This is just another season where the Jets are bad. 

I list assigning George Young to the giants as a fix. 

the last expansion and closing the development league (NFL Europa) was a big mistake 

There are not enough players and coaches that can compete at the highest level - they need to create another development league and/or reduce the number of teams - maybe start relegation like the Premier League 

• Upvote 1

This is foolish. You thinking the NFL should step in with something that Woody Johnson rightfully owns is as overbearing as the EPA trying to tell you what you can and can't do with your own land. Woody Johnson, and Chris Johnson in Woodys absence, make poor hires. GET OVER IT. I personally think it's impossible to judge Adam Gase and Joe Douglas when they were stuck, with their hands tied behind their backs no less, with a MIKE MACCAGNAN roster. All I can say is thank God you're not the commissioner and thank God you never will be.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

The league did what they did because the Giants are one of the flagship franchises in the sport. The NFL could give a rats ass about the Jets. They probably wish they would just go away.

• Haha 1

Its not the owner. The Johnson's have spent their money, they are not the Wilpons.

The owner does not draft 

The owner does not coach, nor does Gase but that's another issue

I cannot sit here and blame a businessman for the failings of a football team, that is foolish. 

Bottom line is this and all of the rest of the teams in the NFL are not on par with NE and probably never will be.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Woody was never going to let his little brother be better at this than he was

remember when people thought CHRIS was better? Pepperidge Farm remembers 

the Jets are in a holding pattern until TB12 retires and certain political events occur which force Woodrow back to American soil 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Its not the owner. The Johnson's have spent their money, they are not the Wilpons.

The owner does not draft 

I cannot sit here and blame a businessman for the failings of a football team, that is foolish. 

Bottom line is this and all of the rest of the teams in the NFL are not on par with NE and probably never will be.

Disagree

The Owner sets up a foolish unique system whereby the GM and the HC both report to the Owner. I.e. no one is on the same page

the GM should be in charge of the HC 

if the team is employing Andy Reid or Mike McCarthy maybe that's the same person (Parcells) 

but no other team in the NFL has the GM and the HC report to the ownership independent silos

also no other team in the NFL is named after an inanimate object so yes we can blame the owners for that too  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

The team is poorly run and has been for many years and this is evident in the product on the field year after year.  As much as I agree with getting rid of the Johnson's, last time I checked, there are no rules on the books for jettisoning owners for being stupid and inept.

We need to cross our fingers and toes that Darnold is good enough to overcome bad ownership and bad coaching.   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, carlito1171 said:

This board is gonna be unbearable this whole week because we live in a overreactive, short attention span, hot take society. 

Jets beat the Cowboys!  Whoo-hoo, Darnold is our savior!

...7 days later...

Pats beat the Jets!  The league should rescind the franchise!

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GumboBoat said:

The League needs to step in and force a sale of this team. There must be a By Law regarding gross mismanagement. The Redskins come close but nowhere near the incompetence.

A 16-0 caliber, Super Bowl defending champion, decades-long dynasty flashing the best defense in the history of the NFL beat a rebuilding team with a new coach running a new system manned by a 22 year old quarterback returning from a devastating physical disease.

My God, we all should have expected so much more.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

41 minutes ago, peebag said:

No one is going to punt the Johnsons out of ownership

Cuz everyone gets paid, everyone gets laid as an owner of an NFL franchise.

Face it, we're the Washington Generals for the rest of the league.

The late Meadowlark Lemon could play better on a football field than any of the prizes we have as players currently.

3 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

This board is gonna be unbearable this whole week because we live in a overreactive, short attention span, hot take society. 

Remember after the cowboys game we were going to the playoffs, now we're never winning another game.

Welcome to the Twitter generation where everything has to be a hot take.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

the Jets are in a holding pattern until TB12 retires and certain political events occur which force Woodrow back to American soil 

What does this part even mean?  Are you saying that Woody is doing things to try to make the Jets bad while his brother Chris is in charge because Woody doesn't want Chris to seem better than him?

3 hours ago, GumboBoat said:

I've been watching this team for 50 years and have seen some dreadful things. I keep telling myself it can't get worse and somehow it does. I'd hardly call it a short attention span overreaction. 

so what do you think? is last night the WORST GAME EVER for the jets? I cant think of a worse moment....a bigger embarrassment...

2 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

The owner does not draft 

A businessman? Lol seriously what business has Woody ever conducted? Bottle service during fashion week doesn’t count.

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Love this point how you avoid being political while summarizing the reality of the situation. 

Chris isn’t allowed the change the brand of toilet paper at MetLife without say so from London.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

A 16-0 caliber, Super Bowl defending champion, decades-long dynasty flashing the best defense in the history of the NFL beat a rebuilding team with a new coach running a new system manned by a 22 year old quarterback returning from a devastating physical disease.

My God, we all should have expected so much more.

SAR I

Like the playoffs?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

What does this part even mean?  Are you saying that Woody is doing things to try to make the Jets bad while his brother Chris is in charge because Woody doesn't want Chris to seem better than him? 

Yes. it's the difference between hiring Adam Gase or a real coach like KK or Matt Rhule. There's no salary cap or floor on coaching (assistants too)

It's the difference between hiring real scouts and poor ones

it's the difference between a good team doctor who says 'hey guys, Kelechi Osemele has a torn labrum' and a cheap butcher 

the organization has a very simple formula: Make money while woody is gone. That 100 mil in free agent spend was to BRING THEM TO THE FLOOR 

When Woody is around they spent to the cap or at least they did in 2010, 2011 etc before Woody lost his taste for competition 

that was the last time they went to the playoffs btw

what's your explanation? the Jets are bad just because? 

3 hours ago, GumboBoat said:

I've been watching this team for 50 years and have seen some dreadful things. I keep telling myself it can't get worse and somehow it does. I'd hardly call it a short attention span overreaction. 

Just last week word was Darnold arrived because he tore apart the Cowboys 

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Yes. it's the difference between hiring Adam Gase or a real coach like KK or Matt Rhule. There's no salary cap or floor on coaching (assistants too)

It's the difference between hiring real scouts and poor ones

it's the difference between a good team doctor who says 'hey guys, Kelechi Osemele has a torn labrum' and a cheap butcher 

the organization has a very simple formula: Make money while woody is gone. That 100 mil in free agent spend was to BRING THEM TO THE FLOOR 

When Woody is around they spent to the cap or at least they did in 2010, 2011 etc before Woody lost his taste for competition 

that was the last time they went to the playoffs btw

what's your explanation? the Jets are bad just because? 

The Jets are 5th right now in both Active and Total Salary Cap. $11M above the league average.

I don't know how much Gase is making vs. KK, and what Rhule wanted, but average HC salaries are in the $4-5M per year range.  Are you saying the Jets are making HC hiring decisions over $500K or maybe $1M?  The value of the franchise is put by Forbes around $3.2 Billion  (that's billion with a B), up 12% from last year.  I find it hard to believe that the Jets are nickel and diming on important areas.  Sure, they may not be overspending but you make them sound like the Dolphins, Redskins or Jaguars.

They threw a bunch of money and 6 years at Joe Douglas.  Does this sound like a team being cheap?

4 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

Jets beat Jags, Darnold looks really good and we start the "run the table" talk plus 3 more threads on Adams,

Groundhog-Day.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2