Jump to content
GumboBoat

The League should take action

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

I long for the good old days of Rex and Tanny........seriously......it was Idzik that killed Rex....as disappointing as his last few years were Rex was a better HC than any since.  Geez, Bowles was better than this.  What I just witnessed was a disgrace, blitz blitz blitz and no answer what so ever  

Can't blame this on Falk, this was all Gase. 

I get it BUT Rex lost HUGE games as our coach with 10X the talent.  The 45-3 loss, butt fumble game etc.  This disgrace is simply a function of 10+ years of drafting defense first, developmental picks,  AND having those picks become busts.  We haven't had a wining season since Shottenheimer left. Doesn't mean he was great .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SAR I said:

A 16-0 caliber, Super Bowl defending champion, decades-long dynasty flashing the best defense in the history of the NFL beat a rebuilding team with a new coach running a new system manned by a 22 year old quarterback returning from a devastating physical disease.

My God, we all should have expected so much more.

SAR I

What the heck are they rebuilding? That's analagous to a "developing country." This is not a rebuild ... to do that, you need a foundation. We have none.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The Jets are 5th right now in both Active and Total Salary Cap. $11M above the league average.

I don't know how much Gase is making vs. KK, and what Rhule wanted, but average HC salaries are in the $4-5M per year range.  Are you saying the Jets are making HC hiring decisions over $500K or maybe $1M?  The value of the franchise is put by Forbes around $3.2 Billion  (that's billion with a B), up 12% from last year.  I find it hard to believe that the Jets are nickel and diming on important areas.  Sure, they may not be overspending but you make them sound like the Dolphins, Redskins or Jaguars.

They threw a bunch of money and 6 years at Joe Douglas.  Does this sound like a team being cheap?

 

 

point by point

-being 5th in Active Cap is not the same as spending to the cap. They had a bunch before giving it to Kalil and other old worthless vets like WR Thomas, basically 1 year deals 

-KK got a big deal from AZ while the Jets were paralyzed by inaction. Probably running everything through the UK. Remember when everyone said KK sucked and Gase was just as good? That was an actual narrative on this board. People believed that to be real. KK is creative, Gase is a con man who suckers people into thinking he's creative. There's probably a 3-4 mil difference in what these men are paid

-Matt Rhule required a 15 mil buyout from Baylor yes that's a enough of a difference to never really consider him. Mccarthy wanted 9 mil a year. Here's a shocker: Real coaches cost money.  

-The Forbes value of the franchise is what the capital is worth if it's sold. You can borrow against the asset but it's not a realized gain unless the Johnson's sell. Which, if you further read Forbes, due to the fact they are worth like "only" 3.5 or 4 bil total - they can never sell -  Their wealth is tied up in static capital and the cash they live on is from the NY Jets. which is why they don't spend to the cap. And why bother? The merch, the tv contracts it's all split 32 ways. We know this because the city of Green Bay Wisconsin gets to see inside the Packers' books. 

as for Joe Douglas that is Chris panicking, straight up. He realizes Gase sucks, he realizes every move he's made so far is bull crap, so he puts all his hopes on Joe Douglas. Who's first move is to sign Kaare Vedvik. And lure old ass Ryan Kalil out of retirement and trade for Demarius Stonehands Thomas etc. Yes they paid Joe Douglas but it was a reflex move and the early returns have been trash

there's a real case this team actually would have been better off W-L if Joe Douglas doesn't show up and they keep Taylor Bertolet for game 1, or have 36 year old Ryan Kalil beating out Harrison based on contract. 

so to summarize, there's no incentive to win, there's a big difference between pretending to win and actually trying. The JD move was too little too late (and still not a Matt Rhule or McCarthy power move. Like who is Joe Douglas, really? do we even know? ) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bitonti said:

point by point

-being 5th in Active Cap is not the same as spending to the cap. They had a bunch before giving it to Kalil and other old worthless vets like WR Thomas, basically 1 year deals 

-KK got a big deal from AZ while the Jets were paralyzed by inaction. Probably running everything through the UK. Remember when everyone said KK sucked and Gase was just as good? That was an actual narrative on this board. People believed that to be real. KK is creative, Gase is a con man who suckers people into thinking he's creative. There's probably a 3-4 mil difference in what these men are paid

-Matt Rhule required a 15 mil buyout from Baylor yes that's a enough of a difference to never really consider him. Mccarthy wanted 9 mil a year. Here's a shocker: Real coaches cost money.  

-The Forbes value of the franchise is what the capital is worth if it's sold. You can borrow against the asset but it's not a realized gain unless the Johnson's sell. Which, if you further read Forbes, due to the fact they are worth like "only" 3.5 or 4 bil total meaning their wealth is tied up in static capital and the cash they live on is from the NY Jets. which is why they don't spend to the cap. The merch, the tv contracts it's all split 32 ways.

We know this because the city of Green Bay Wisconsin gets to see inside the Packers' books. 

as for Joe Douglas that is Chris Panicking, straight up. He realizes Gase sucks, he realizes every move he's made so far is bull crap, so he puts all his hopes on Joe Douglas. Who's first move is to sign Vedvik. And Kalil and trade for Demarius Stonehands Thomas etc. Yes they paid Joe Douglas but it was a reflex move and the early returns have been trash

there's a real case this team actually would have been better off W-L if Joe Douglas doesn't show up and they keep Taylor Bertolet for game 1, or have 36 year old Ryan Kalil beating out Harrison based on contract. 

so to summarize, there's no incentive to win, there's a big difference between pretending to win and actually trying. The JD move was too little too late (and still not a Matt Rhule or McCarthy power move. Like who is Joe Douglas, really? do we even know? ) 

 

The Jets hired Gase when, late January?  They hired Douglas 4 months later.  Are you saying that in those 4 months (when no football was being played) Chris realized that Gase sucked, he panicked, and hired Douglas to make up for it?

I'm not going to debate most of the moves the Jets made in terms of personnel because I agree with you, they've largely been bad.  But I think there's a difference between being incompetent and being cheap.  IMO the Jets are more of the former than the latter.  They gave Mosley $85M, paid Bell more than anyone else offered and paid Kalil $8M (when they weren't trying to hit a "minimum" Cap spend).  I think Douglas is trying to repair a leaky ship that he was put onboard after it had already been sent out to sea.  He's in a tough spot....trying to keep his incredibly important Draft capital while at the same time making sure the ship of fools doesn't sink.  It's not a fun spot to be in during October when you have 10 games left and you know you have significant deficiencies in front of a hopeful franchise QB.

Now is the time he needs to be a seller at all non-crucial positions.  Anybody who doesn't directly protect or support Sam Darnold should be fair game for trade on this 1-5 team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The NFL is an example of nepotism and cronyism.  Not that much different than US Soccer to tell you the truth.  American national soccer is MUCH WORSE.  But in the NFL, the same group of yahoos and burnouts are up for the jobs every time.  I don't see how the Johnsons are supposed to know better.  They are running a business.  Did they grow up family friends with the Harbaughs and Walshs?  Hiring a consulting firm is just going to being you up a certain amount of candidates within a certain window.  Somebody who follows NFL and college football for a generation can tell you who the best coaching candidates are.  The success rate is not great and the innovators are few.  High profile candidates are not often the best ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

The NFL is an example of nepotism and cronyism.  Not that much different than US Soccer to tell you the truth.  American national soccer is MUCH WORSE.  But in the NFL, the same group of yahoos and burnouts are up for the jobs every time.  I don't see how the Johnsons are supposed to know better.  They are running a business.  Did they grow up family friends with the Harbaughs and Walshs?  Hiring a consulting firm is just going to being you up a certain amount of candidates within a certain window.  Somebody who follows NFL and college football for a generation can tell you who the best coaching candidates are.  The success rate is not great and the innovators are few.  High profile candidates are not often the best ones.

the real question you need to ask yourself is what's the monetary difference between winning and losing? 

spoiler alert except for the ticket revenue from a couple home playoff games, there is none

the Jets are the 6th most valuable team in the NFL despite being 30th in the power rankings

the problem here is the owners and the fans have different definitions of success 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, bitonti said:

point by point

-being 5th in Active Cap is not the same as spending to the cap. They had a bunch before giving it to Kalil and other old worthless vets like WR Thomas, basically 1 year deals 

-KK got a big deal from AZ while the Jets were paralyzed by inaction. Probably running everything through the UK. Remember when everyone said KK sucked and Gase was just as good? That was an actual narrative on this board. People believed that to be real. KK is creative, Gase is a con man who suckers people into thinking he's creative. There's probably a 3-4 mil difference in what these men are paid

-Matt Rhule required a 15 mil buyout from Baylor yes that's a enough of a difference to never really consider him. Mccarthy wanted 9 mil a year. Here's a shocker: Real coaches cost money.  

-The Forbes value of the franchise is what the capital is worth if it's sold. You can borrow against the asset but it's not a realized gain unless the Johnson's sell. Which, if you further read Forbes, due to the fact they are worth like "only" 3.5 or 4 bil total - they can never sell -  Their wealth is tied up in static capital and the cash they live on is from the NY Jets. which is why they don't spend to the cap. And why bother? The merch, the tv contracts it's all split 32 ways. We know this because the city of Green Bay Wisconsin gets to see inside the Packers' books. 

as for Joe Douglas that is Chris panicking, straight up. He realizes Gase sucks, he realizes every move he's made so far is bull crap, so he puts all his hopes on Joe Douglas. Who's first move is to sign Kaare Vedvik. And lure old ass Ryan Kalil out of retirement and trade for Demarius Stonehands Thomas etc. Yes they paid Joe Douglas but it was a reflex move and the early returns have been trash

there's a real case this team actually would have been better off W-L if Joe Douglas doesn't show up and they keep Taylor Bertolet for game 1, or have 36 year old Ryan Kalil beating out Harrison based on contract. 

so to summarize, there's no incentive to win, there's a big difference between pretending to win and actually trying. The JD move was too little too late (and still not a Matt Rhule or McCarthy power move. Like who is Joe Douglas, really? do we even know? ) 

Woody Johnson is the Max Bialystok of the NFL

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bitonti said:

the real question you need to ask yourself is what's the monetary difference between winning and losing? 

spoiler alert except for the ticket revenue from a couple home playoff games, there is none

 

Woody is an idiot.  Johnson isnt much better.  But nobody owns an NFL franchise outside of Dan Snyder (and maybe Mike Brown, who can tell)  to lose.  There are thousands of Jets fans with a generational interest in the franchise.  No owner however removed from their fan base, isn't going to want to appease that. 

These guys are already billionaires.  Winning in a market like this just makes the franchise infinitely more valuable.  The way some of you guys talk about Woody, you'd think he was so indifferent because he's actually running a huge drug front out the back of Metlife.  The reality is some trust fund baby who spent  his college years drunkenly bombing toilets at UA owns our franchise.  Not Robert Kraft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I get it BUT Rex lost HUGE games as our coach with 10X the talent.  The 45-3 loss, butt fumble game etc.  This disgrace is simply a function of 10+ years of drafting defense first, developmental picks,  AND having those picks become busts.  We haven't had a wining season since Shottenheimer left. Doesn't mean he was great .

I liked shotty more than many/most here.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, bitonti said:

point by point

-being 5th in Active Cap is not the same as spending to the cap. They had a bunch before giving it to Kalil and other old worthless vets like WR Thomas, basically 1 year deals 

-KK got a big deal from AZ while the Jets were paralyzed by inaction. Probably running everything through the UK. Remember when everyone said KK sucked and Gase was just as good? That was an actual narrative on this board. People believed that to be real. KK is creative, Gase is a con man who suckers people into thinking he's creative. There's probably a 3-4 mil difference in what these men are paid

-Matt Rhule required a 15 mil buyout from Baylor yes that's a enough of a difference to never really consider him. Mccarthy wanted 9 mil a year. Here's a shocker: Real coaches cost money.  

-The Forbes value of the franchise is what the capital is worth if it's sold. You can borrow against the asset but it's not a realized gain unless the Johnson's sell. Which, if you further read Forbes, due to the fact they are worth like "only" 3.5 or 4 bil total - they can never sell -  Their wealth is tied up in static capital and the cash they live on is from the NY Jets. which is why they don't spend to the cap. And why bother? The merch, the tv contracts it's all split 32 ways. We know this because the city of Green Bay Wisconsin gets to see inside the Packers' books. 

as for Joe Douglas that is Chris panicking, straight up. He realizes Gase sucks, he realizes every move he's made so far is bull crap, so he puts all his hopes on Joe Douglas. Who's first move is to sign Kaare Vedvik. And lure old ass Ryan Kalil out of retirement and trade for Demarius Stonehands Thomas etc. Yes they paid Joe Douglas but it was a reflex move and the early returns have been trash

there's a real case this team actually would have been better off W-L if Joe Douglas doesn't show up and they keep Taylor Bertolet for game 1, or have 36 year old Ryan Kalil beating out Harrison based on contract. 

so to summarize, there's no incentive to win, there's a big difference between pretending to win and actually trying. The JD move was too little too late (and still not a Matt Rhule or McCarthy power move. Like who is Joe Douglas, really? do we even know? ) 

Rhule also wanted to pick his own staff and was more of the "CEO" and "culture" hire the Johnson's havent made since Mangini. Who was fired for  essentially icing Woody out. Woody had the perfect opportunity to appoint a President of Football Ops when he decided to go overseas and instead brought in his brother. All the Johnson's have is the Jets- they've set these parameters that basically give you coordinator and retread type of hires. I dont see them ever totally removing themselves from the operation, which is what needs to happen.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Its not the owner. The Johnson's have spent their money, they are not the Wilpons.

The owner does not draft 

The owner does not coach, nor does Gase but that's another issue

I cannot sit here and blame a businessman for the failings of a football team, that is foolish. 

Bottom line is this and all of the rest of the teams in the NFL are not on par with NE and probably never will be.

Perhaps enlighten me on who hired these goons..

Personally I’d like to be on par with an average NFL roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GumboBoat said:

The League needs to step in and force a sale of this team. There must be a By Law regarding gross mismanagement. The Redskins come close but nowhere near the incompetence.

 

I  understand they had some key people out but how the Cowboys lost to the Jets is such a miracle that the Vatican should investigate.

 

Dolphin front office is intentionally tanking this season. They're trying to lose.  And they’re a far and away better team than the Jets.

 

The Bucs have SERIOUS issues. They’d blow the doors off the Jets.

 

I can’t think of an NFL team that comes anywhere close to not only how bad but how poorly managed as the Jets are.

 

The NFL needs to step in!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

so since this ownership took over we win 45% of the time.  how does that compare to other teams over the last 20 years?

i'll do it for you.  are you going to get rid of 10 other teams as well?  (give the rams a pass since they made the SB)

Los Angeles Rams 135-168-1 .446
San Francisco 49ers 135-168-1 .446
Houston Texans 121-151 .445
Arizona Cardinals 132-171-1 .436
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 131-173 .431
Washington Redskins 129-174-1 .426
Buffalo Bills 127-177 .418
Jacksonville Jaguars 121-183 .398
Oakland? Raiders 118-186 .388
Detroit Lions 111-193 .365
Cleveland Browns 93-210-1 .307

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

What does this part even mean?  Are you saying that Woody is doing things to try to make the Jets bad while his brother Chris is in charge because Woody doesn't want Chris to seem better than him?

 

those ghosts weren't flying around MetLife stadium on their own.    who do you think sent them????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bump o rama.

If I ran a McDonalds franchise like the Johnson's run this team I'd be closed down by corporate. 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GumboBoat said:

Bump o rama.

If I ran a McDonalds franchise like the Johnson's run this team I'd be closed down by corporate. 

 

 

You picked a helluva day to use this analogy!

 

2055625680_ScreenShot2019-11-04at10_18_12AM.thumb.png.496795c31093cfc3d50781b14c316eec.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2019 at 10:29 AM, jetstream23 said:

 

The Jets hired Gase when, late January?  They hired Douglas 4 months later.  Are you saying that in those 4 months (when no football was being played) Chris realized that Gase sucked, he panicked, and hired Douglas to make up for it?

I'm not going to debate most of the moves the Jets made in terms of personnel because I agree with you, they've largely been bad.  But I think there's a difference between being incompetent and being cheap.  IMO the Jets are more of the former than the latter.  They gave Mosley $85M, paid Bell more than anyone else offered and paid Kalil $8M (when they weren't trying to hit a "minimum" Cap spend).  I think Douglas is trying to repair a leaky ship that he was put onboard after it had already been sent out to sea.  He's in a tough spot....trying to keep his incredibly important Draft capital while at the same time making sure the ship of fools doesn't sink.  It's not a fun spot to be in during October when you have 10 games left and you know you have significant deficiencies in front of a hopeful franchise QB.

Now is the time he needs to be a seller at all non-crucial positions.  Anybody who doesn't directly protect or support Sam Darnold should be fair game for trade on this 1-5 team.

 

I agree with what I said above twice as much today as I did when I posted it two losses ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2019 at 8:49 AM, GumboBoat said:

The League needs to step in and force a sale of this team. There must be a By Law regarding gross mismanagement. The Redskins come close but nowhere near the incompetence.

 

I  understand they had some key people out but how the Cowboys lost to the Jets is such a miracle that the Vatican should investigate.

 

Dolphin front office is intentionally tanking this season. They're trying to lose.  And they’re a far and away better team than the Jets.

 

The Bucs have SERIOUS issues. They’d blow the doors off the Jets.

 

I can’t think of an NFL team that comes anywhere close to not only how bad but how poorly managed as the Jets are.

 

The NFL needs to step in!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Socialism again in the NFL?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

 

I agree with what I said above twice as much today as I did when I posted it two losses ago.

I think that, honestly, Johnson fired Mac after Gase basically demonstrated to him how bad Mac was at assembling the roster, and how bad his 2019 draft was.  

Chris then concluded that they needed a better GM with more support.  JD has a better resume/experience than any recent Jet GM hire, and the people hired to work with JD have better experience/resumes than we have seen before.  That is a fact.

I don't think anyone here or within the Jets realized that the Jets would be this bad.  I don't think anyone expected Gase to be this bad.  He did a good job coaching Tannehill when he was healthy.  He outcoached Bowles.  His coaching was weak in Miami, but not terrible.   He did not get great players in Miami.  

But the logical correct hire was McCarthy, but he imploded by being difficult and asking too much money.   I thought the consensus was that Gase was the second or third best option but not a bad choice to steer the ship while it rebuilt.  My guess is that Gase is in the bottom third of coach comp.  The hope was that he learned from Miami.

The adversity of the roster, injuries and schedule has shown Gase to not be qualified for this job.   Johnson will now have to pay another coach alot more than Gase.  They may end up needing a Football President as well.  

Douglas may have received a contract at least DOUBLE what Johnson initially intended to give him.  That was a wake up call.  

The Johnsons are not fixing this on their own.   Their cash flow is going to rapidly decrease from this cow.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2019 at 8:52 AM, carlito1171 said:

This board is gonna be unbearable this whole week because we live in a overreactive, short attention span, hot take society. 

We're 1-7.  We're the worst team in the NFL today.  We have the worst starting QB (by performance metrics) in the NFL today.

What part do you think is "overreacting" exactly?  Do you think we're really a 10-6 team just a piece away?  Do you think if we just give Gase weaponz and time (and more time), we're Super Bowl bound?

We suck.  We have our own team's players telling fans we're "fake".  What exactly are you white-knighting here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Warfish said:

We're 1-7.  We're the worst team in the NFL today.  We have the worst starting QB (by performance metrics) in the NFL today.

What part do you think is "overreacting" exactly?  Do you think we're really a 10-6 team just a piece away?  Do you think if we just give Gase weaponz and time (and more time), we're Super Bowl bound?

We suck.  We have our own team's players telling fans we're "fake".  What exactly are you white-knighting here?

This is the way of fandom in this day and age. 

49r fans wanted to clean house last year and I saw umpteen think pieces on how terrible their owner was. Now they are the only undefeated team in the league. 

That IS NOT to say we are gonna be the 49rs next year - their o line had great pieces and I think Shanahan is a creative mind. 

But with the kind of draft haul we should get this off-season assuming JD is a better shopper than our past few GMs, and (crosses his fingers) better coaching, and (says a little prayer) Sam delivering on his potential - we should certainly be way better.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2019 at 8:58 AM, GumboBoat said:

I've been watching this team for 50 years and have seen some dreadful things. I keep telling myself it can't get worse and somehow it does. I'd hardly call it a short attention span overreaction. 

it was worse in the 70's and then again in the 90's.  the problem this season is that it's coming on the back of the last 8 seasons.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rangerous said:

it was worse in the 70's and then again in the 90's.  the problem this season is that it's coming on the back of the last 8 seasons.

I have to disagree here. Tanking is a new phenomenon, never has a team dumped more players for picks in the 1st half of the year than the Dolphins. We just lost to this team with a QB we couldn't wait to cut just 3 years ago that has traded its best players offer the last 7 games, lol. Sorry, I'm a 51 year fan, losing to the winless Fins is ROCK BOTTOM worse loss EVER! Not that I didn't expect it, I did, but way back in the far recesses of my brain I was thinking, eh, Sam might pull something out of his azz & have a Cowboy like game. But when the Fins went 17-7, I just had to laugh, not because it was funny, it was sad actually but it was so damn easy too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I have to disagree here. Tanking is a new phenomenon, never has a team dumped more players for picks in the 1st half of the year than the Dolphins. We just lost to this team with a QB we couldn't wait to cut just 3 years ago that has traded its best players offer the last 7 games, lol. Sorry, I'm a 51 year fan, losing to the winless Fins is ROCK BOTTOM worse loss EVER! Not that I didn't expect it, I did, but way back in the far recesses of my brain I was thinking, eh, Sam might pull something out of his azz & have a Cowboy like game. But when the Fins went 17-7, I just had to laugh, not because it was funny, it was sad actually but it was so damn easy too. 

i'm not sure it's as bad as having a guy named winner as coach or lou holtz and his fight song.  those were the days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure the NFL has the power to force the sale of a team but while the Jets might be a sh*tty product on the field the financial value of the entity has only gone up since the Johnson group bought the team. Lots of companies put out garbage products but make money. This is one of them. Keep in mind as well that although you might not enjoy rooting for a losing team the rest of the league and its peripheral industries have a great time making fun of the Jets. Having teams as whipping boys is not tarnishing the league, it is part of having a league. 

If you are dissatisfied with the team then stop giving it money. Stop buying merchandise or attending games. Stop paying for anything from the NFL (Sunday Ticket, etc.) because there is shared revenue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The league should take action and make Woody sell! On second thought they'd probably F it up like they do everything else.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2019 at 1:44 PM, bitonti said:

the real question you need to ask yourself is what's the monetary difference between winning and losing? 

spoiler alert except for the ticket revenue from a couple home playoff games, there is none

the Jets are the 6th most valuable team in the NFL despite being 30th in the power rankings

the problem here is the owners and the fans have different definitions of success 

You're severely short-selling the incompetence factor of the Johnson trust fund brothers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

41 years ago, the Giants were a deeply dysfunctional organization (although not quite as terrible as the current Jets).  Their dysfunction, like the Jets, came from the top.  With the Giants, it was caused by internecine dispute between two of the Maras.  This dysfunction manifested itself dramatically in a game against the Eagles.  The Giants had the game won.  There were only a few seconds left and the Giants had the ball.  The Eagles were out of time outs and all the Giant QB, Joe Piscarcik, had to do was take a knee.  Instead, some genius called a running play.  The hand off was badly fumbled and Herm Edwards (who went on to coach the Jets) picked up the ball and ran it into the end zone for a touch down. Giants lose.  When I saw that, my jaw dropped in astonishment.  It was shocking and unbelievable.  Fortunately for the Giants, the league stepped in and forced the Maras to hire George Young and give him control.  The rest is history.

I agree that we need the League to step in now and take some action.  Adam Gase is putting the finishing touches on years of criminal mismanagement. The franchise is in danger of being irreparably destroyed.  Something needs to be done.  An adult needs to be put in charge.  Obviously, Chris "Fredo" Johnson is incapable.  Unfortunately, the NFL does not care about the Jets or their fans and will do nothing.  Sickening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...