Big time players who retired on top?

Blackout

Not so-Willie Mays dropping a fly ball for the Mets.

Clemens last year.

Let's face it-most of these guys have huge egos or they might not be as driven. Most want more money or fame or both and aren't leaving until they have to tear the uniform off them.

Blackout - even you must admit that Bettis has never played "big" when it really counted. Please......whatever, the bus stops in Detriot. Good for him. Retire and buy a jiffey lube franchise.....

I'm going to run with this.

Name one game where "The Bus" has decided or owned the game. I can't. Can anyone?

My last memory (apart from tonight's farce ) about Jerome is him running into Ted Johnson and being stuffed on 4th and 1 in the AFCC.

Mike Eruzione, 1980 Olympic Hockey team captain figured he couldn't make the NHL, so he retired from hockey, instead of playing in the minors, right after getting a gold medal.

Brian Trottier "might have" retired right after the Penguins won their second straight cup, can't remember....

Rumor has it, he was on the bottom. Either way, he did go out in a blaze of glory

ya, u remember how cops found out? its hilarious.

His aides took him out of the bed, (where he was with mistress) dressed him, and put him in a chair with a newspaper and said t ocops he craoked while reading.

The cops then asked the aides 'Does Mr. Rockefeller usually wear his right show on his left foot?"

Haha, classic

Archived