When will Quinnen Williams get his first sack?

Beerfish

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

There were trades made after the Jets - so there were opportunities there

Jonah wasn't the only one there - G, T, C, TE's....all in the range...

And don't talk to me about "reaching" no one's a lock...BPA is nice if you have a stacked roster - Jets needed to protect Sam or get him weapons.  They did neither.

TE's plural? 

19 minutes ago, RobR said:

Actually it does.

if this were true he'd be starting somewhere else 

See Sanchez, Mark 

just cause they pay you like the franchise doesn't make you the franchise 

See Darnold, Sam 

just cause they sell a bunch of your jerseys' etc 

Jonah Williams at LT was wishful thinking, The ACL was fluky but the position requires an NFL body

side note Isaiah Wynn might not be a LT either 

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

if this were true he'd be starting somewhere else 

See Sanchez, Mark 

just cause they pay you like the franchise doesn't make you the franchise 

See Darnold, Sam 

just cause they sell a bunch of your jerseys' etc 

Jonah Williams at LT was wishful thinking, The ACL was fluky but the position requires an NFL body

side note Isaiah Wynn might not be a LT either 

I see logic is not your strong point.

Jonah Williams was the first offensive lineman drafted and went 11th overall. The Bengals named him their starting LT and even moved Cordy Glenn because of it.

Bit logic: Jonah is not a starting LT. Do you see how dumb that sounds? 

Geno Smith at one point was named the stating QB of the Jets

Bit logic. He's not a starter now. No sh*t but at one point he was. Do you see how dumb that sounds?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I said it before.  Quinnen haters are all Darnold fanboys who are trying to create a diversion to the fact that our "franchise savior qb" is far from being that.

Disagree.  They are the Baker Mayfield fanboy’s trying to create a diversion from his horrific season 

• Thumb Down 1

9 hours ago, RobR said:

Jonah Williams was the first offensive lineman drafted and went 11th overall. The Bengals named him their starting LT and even moved Cordy Glenn because of it.

Bit logic. He's not a starter now. No sh*t but at one point he was. Do you see how dumb that sounds?

So because glass shoulder Jonah was 1 on the depth chart for 2 seconds suddenly he’s like D’Brickashaw Ferguson?

That chronic shoulder ain’t going away btw

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, RobR said:

There is being a “starter” in the sense your name appears at the top of a depth chart. Being up to the task is a different thing entirely.

• Upvote 2

On 10/22/2019 at 9:56 AM, BCJet said:

What a preposterous thread.  Here is the pff write up on Quinnen from last night. 

Both Quinnen Williams and Leonard Williams were exceptional all night long defending the run, often tossing New England offensive linemen around like ragdolls. The former looked just like he did back in his Alabama days, operating as an unblockable wrecking ball of destruction on the interior of the defensive line.

AND THEN WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?

On 10/22/2019 at 10:07 AM, jetstream23 said:

What you fail to understand is that people around here would rather the Jets get creased up the middle by a RB who gets 200 yards as long as Quinnen Williams gets 2 sacks.  You know.....statz!  It's not about playing good.  It's about numbers. 

FEELS LIKE ITS WORTH MENTIONING THAT WE LOST THIRTY-THREE TO ZERO

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Quinnen has flashed plenty.  Not sure where the hate is coming from.  Sounds like blind darnold homers trying to deflect their disappointment in Sam.

TFW NO ONE MENTIONS SAM DARNOLD EXCEPT FOR YOU MAKING AN ACCUSATION OF DISPLACING AN AGENDA WHEN THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU YOURSELF ARE DOING.

19 hours ago, bitonti said:

Did anyone else see the graphic tb12 was getting the ball out in under a second on MNF in the first half 

Whether Williams is legit or not, the Pats gameplanned to take the Jets DL out of the game and they did exactly that 

also anyone who wants to say Williams was the wrong pick better have a name instead. Half of you bozos wanted Jonah Williams...  I don't think it's Josh Allen either. Sometimes the draft gives you what you need sometimes you take BAP. Mac was a moron but these picks weren't all that bad at the top of rd 1. It's the Hackenbergs and Polites (and the 3 seconds they traded for Darnold) that murder the roster

TRADE DOWN EVEN FOR BELOW MARKET BECAUSE THIS TEAM IS ROUGHLY 18-22 STARTERS AWAY FROM A CHAMPIONSHIP.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jgb said:

There is being a “starter” in the sense your name appears at the top of a depth chart. Being up to the task is a different thing entirely.

Trust me, I understand that well. I don't think anyone would argue that Geno was a good starter. Still doesn't change the fact that he was a starter.

22 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I said it before.  Quinnen haters are all Darnold fanboys who are trying to create a diversion to the fact that our "franchise savior qb" is far from being that.

We need a tin foil hat reaction button