Jump to content
kevinc855

The New Season starts next week

Recommended Posts

Well after having one of the roughest opening schedules in the NFL we start playing umm more less talented teams. The Jets have to view these next 10 games a whole new season. Sam had a terrible night but I believe will bounce back. 

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jacksonville's defense will do more of the same on Sunday. We will be lucky to score 6 points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dbatesman said:

Hey guys, good news: anytime our anointed franchise QB plays like a tiny frightened bird, its actually not a big deal bc we can just start a new season the next week

Did @SAR I tell us what Darnold's temperature was last night?  I don't know if I can count these statistics until he does.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Jacksonville's defense will do more of the same on Sunday. We will be lucky to score 6 points. 

The Jag's D isn't what it used to be , they're good but I'll take my chances against Todd Wash at DC versus Belicheck.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Hey guys, good news: anytime our anointed franchise QB plays like a tiny frightened bird, its actually not a big deal bc we can just start a new season the next week

Everyone pointed out the fact that this part of the season start changing due to our schedule. Even a GOOD team be luckyyyyy to get out of there 3-3 at best

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Everyone pointed out the fact that this part of the season start changing due to our schedule. Even a GOOD team be luckyyyyy to get out of there 3-3 at best

I get you, Kev. We all know how this movie ends: with the Jets winning just enough to save Gase’s job so we can run this whole thing back next year. J!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I get you, Kev. We all know how this movie ends: with the Jets winning just enough to save Gase’s job so we can run this whole thing back next year. J!

I could see the Jets goin 7-3 and ending 8-8. Honestly the Johnsons aren't one and done owners anyway. Let the team get some wins and build confidence 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Serious question - what did people think our record would be after these first 6 games. Optimistically I was hoping at best for 3-3 . 

Facing the Pats(2)/Eagles/Cowboys everyone's pre-season darlings the Browns. The only game most thought we'd win is against the Bills and we basically had them beat and gave away a  4th qtr lead.   I get it everyone is frustrated right now ,but reality is we weren't going to win 4 or 5 of these first 6 . 

The team looked lost last night but let's see what we can do against competition that's a little closer to our caliber right now. Plus as an added insult isn't it amazing how the Pats get those extra days to prepare for our home game and now in a short week they get to play home while we have to travel - you can't tell me there's no corruption in the NFL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The soft schedule over the next 7 games is going to mask Gase's ineptness and buy him another year.  He is who he is, and that's a losing coach who has been steering the ship to 3 non-competitive games out of 6 so far this season.  I cannot believe I'm saying this, but even Todd Bowles would have done more with this team. 

All I can hope for now as I wallow in my disgust for this team is that this clown of a coach doesn't ruin our QB.  I hope Darnold is good enough to rise above it all.   

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Did @SAR I tell us what Darnold's temperature was last night?  I don't know if I can count these statistics until he does.

Are you seriously down on Sam Darnold because he lost to a 16-0 team that is on track to have the most dominant defense in NFL history?

If so, you must have us confused with a 12-4 playoff team.  Even I'm not that stupid.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Are you seriously down on Sam Darnold because he lost to a 16-0 team

NE was 6-0 going into that game last night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Are you seriously down on Sam Darnold because he lost to a 16-0 team that is on track to have the most dominant defense in NFL history?

If so, you must have us confused with a 12-4 playoff team.  Even I'm not that stupid.

SAR I

Are you seriously not down on 11/32 for 82 with 4 picks and a fumble?  He was thowing off his backfoot and heaving up lobs to noone.  Newsflash:  Luke Falk was better. 

The Patriots are 7-0 and I don't care if he was playing the 2000 Ravens and 85 Bears at the same time, with 22 defenders on the field, I could still see that he looked like sh*t.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Jacksonville's defense will do more of the same on Sunday. We will be lucky to score 6 points. 

It will be sweet watching Josh Allen be a terror off the edge while quinnen plays part time occupying some blockers and occasionally tackling fournette after a 2yd gain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No thanks, Kevin. 

Take your tea & crumpet post somewhere else. I'm done polishing turds. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

NE was 6-0 going into that game last night. 

If you look at the Patriots schedule and the state of the AFC right now, I'd be shocked if they aren't 16-0.  Hey, if you like 15-1 or 14-2 have at it, doesn't change my point.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bitonti said:

season 1 was mono season 

season 2 was ghost season 

stay tuned for Stranger Things season 3 when Sam's virus and spirit medium talents combine to send him to the Upside Down 

 

 

Next he will start dating the Long Island Medium lady. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if it is  new season can we fire the coach  and do a redraft?

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

 I cannot believe I'm saying this, but even Todd Bowles would have done more with this team. 

Todd Bowles was not the problem with this team 

Jeremy Bates system was more creative than Adam Gase / Dowell Loggins 

and Bates doesn't even have a job in football anymore, he's back in the woods or some s--t  

I honestly wonder what Todd Bowles plus 100 million dollars of free agents would look like 

probably not embarrass the fans like this abomination 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Are you seriously not down on 11/32 for 82 with 4 picks and a fumble?  He was thowing off his backfoot and heaving up lobs to noone.  Newsflash:  Luke Falk was better. 

The Patriots are 7-0 and I don't care if he was playing the 2000 Ravens and 85 Bears at the same time, with 22 defenders on the field, I could still see that he looked like sh*t.

We said the same crap about Mark Sanchez when he threw 5 interceptions in a game back in 2009 and then went on a 16-4 run, best in team history, and then proceeded to help us to 4 road playoff wins, 2 AFC Championship Game appearances, and an 11-5 season featuring 5 miracle fourth quarter comebacks.

Peyton Manning, Troy Aikman, Brett Favre and scores of other young quarterbacks looked equally clueless at times in their early years.

Young quarterbacks have bad games.  Rebuilding teams get crushed by Super Bowl teams.  This isn't rocket science.  This isn't some mystery.  This isn't unexpected.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are you seriously down on Sam Darnold because he lost to a 16-0 team that is on track to have the most dominant defense in NFL history?
If so, you must have us confused with a 12-4 playoff team.  Even I'm not that stupid.
SAR I
NE hasn't played a team worth dick yet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

The soft schedule over the next 7 games is going to mask Gase's ineptness and buy him another year.  He is who he is, and that's a losing coach who has been steering the ship to 3 non-competitive games out of 6 so far this season.  I cannot believe I'm saying this, but even Todd Bowles would have done more with this team. 

All I can hope for now as I wallow in my disgust for this team is that this clown of a coach doesn't ruin our QB.  I hope Darnold is good enough to rise above it all.   

 

 

 

I kind of gotta agree. Except, if the Jets happen to lose to some of those 'bad' teams that even they are supposed to beat Gase could very well lose the locker room or complete confidence of the GM and end up losing his job BECAUSE of the soft schedule. It works both ways.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We said the same crap about Mark Sanchez when he threw 5 interceptions in a game back in 2009 and then went on a 16-4 run, best in team history, and then proceeded to help us to 4 road playoff wins, 2 AFC Championship Game appearances, and an 11-5 season featuring 5 miracle fourth quarter comebacks.

Peyton Manning, Troy Aikman, Brett Favre and scores of other young quarterbacks looked equally clueless at times in their early years.

Young quarterbacks have bad games.  Rebuilding teams get crushed by Super Bowl teams.  This isn't rocket science.  This isn't some mystery.  This isn't unexpected.

SAR I

He is allowed to have a bad game.  You are not allowed to pretend like it can happen all the time because once 20 years ago some hall of famer had a bad game.  

PS:  Sanchez threw 5 INTs cause he sucked.  He doesn't belong in the same breath as Manning, Aikman or Favre.  He belongs with the other scores of young QBs that sucked, and finished their careers sucking.  If Darnold becomes Sanchez at his best, this regime and last, and your entire posting history, are utter failures.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Everyone pointed out the fact that this part of the season start changing due to our schedule. Even a GOOD team be luckyyyyy to get out of there 3-3 at best

You are ignoring context a little.  The level of play while getting to 1-5 has been abysmal.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We lose Sunday and its on to 2020.  This is it for this team.  SAR could be going down in flames here.  We dont want that.  Jets have to win this one.  Can they win this one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

NE hasn't played a team worth dick yet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
 

Problem is, there aren’t any, at least none at their level right now.  

It is not a sin for this offense to lose to the defending Super Bowl champions who have upgraded their secondary and can easily exploit our biggest weakness. 

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Hey guys, good news: anytime our anointed franchise QB plays like a tiny frightened bird, its actually not a big deal bc we can just start a new season the next week

Oops. I accidentally hit the reset button because I was losing in Madden. Oh well. Start again tomorrow. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this the part of the season where we play "easy" teams and we'll be fighting for a playoffs spot?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Todd Bowles was not the problem with this team 

Jeremy Bates system was more creative than Adam Gase / Dowell Loggins 

and Bates doesn't even have a job in football anymore, he's back in the woods or some s--t  

I honestly wonder what Todd Bowles plus 100 million dollars of free agents would look like 

probably not embarrass the fans like this abomination 

 

Have you watched the Tampa Bay Buccaneers lately?

Want to hear an atrociously interesting stat?  Sam Darnold had 5 turnovers including 4 INTs last night.  Jameis Winston had more of BOTH just last week...and he's got guys like Mike Evans, Chris Godwin and OJ Howard to throw to.  And, part of the reason he's chucking the ball all over is because their D is so bad.

Todd Bowles, who wasn't a good HC, was asked not too worry about two phases of the game anymore and just go back to coaching defense as the DC in Tampa.  They're ranked #22 in Yard Against and #26 in Points Against right now.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SAR I said:

This isn't some mystery.  This isn't unexpected.

well Jetnation can talk itself into all sorta fanatasy/alternate realities after a win....

my only mistake was tuning in for the 10 minutes that i did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...