The New Season starts next week

kevinc855

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Have you watched the Tampa Bay Buccaneers lately?

Want to hear an atrociously interesting stat?  Sam Darnold had 5 turnovers including 4 INTs last night.  Jameis Winston had more of BOTH just last week...and he's got guys like Mike Evans, Chris Godwin and OJ Howard to throw to.  And, part of the reason he's chucking the ball all over is because their D is so bad.

Todd Bowles, who wasn't a good HC, was asked not too worry about two phases of the game anymore and just go back to coaching defense as the DC in Tampa.  They're ranked #22 in Yard Against and #26 in Points Against right now.

Look man we are comparing like a yugo to an edsel 

i never said Bowles was good what I said what he would have had this team in better shape if they gave him 100 million dollars Bell etc. They probably would have scored a point or two 

the real truth is people expect Bowles and Gase to be good they are probably the lowest paid HC's in the league by far 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Everyone pointed out the fact that this part of the season start changing due to our schedule. Even a GOOD team be luckyyyyy to get out of there 3-3 at best

Before the injures I was expecting 2-4...  Felt like Buffalo and Cle would be wins then we'd lose the next 4.   and finish the last 10 with 8 wins...

Now we are 1-5 and based on what I saw last night we probably go 6-4 down the stretch...  Gase and whoever the :censored2: our OL coach is needs to get that unit playing significantly better.  If they don't probably 4-6

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

i never said Bowles was good what I said what he would have had this team in better shape if they gave him 100 million dollars Bell etc. They probably would have scored a point or two 

the real truth is people expect Bowles and Gase to be good they are probably the lowest paid HC's in the league by far 

Like Bowles, I think Gase needs to just be an OC

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Here’s the problem every DC going forward will pop in the Pats tape and shamelessly mimic the Pats game plan.

IT wasn't even that complicated.

again to quote the great Bart Scott

https://www.sny.tv/video/topic/151165816/34000003869/330-loss-is-inexcusable

Pats were in simple Cover 0 man and blitzing one extra rusher than there were blockers - 5 v 6, 6 v 7 etc. It is usually a hail mary 4th and the game situation but BB was calling it all over the field and the Jets had no answers or adjustments. Sam couldn't call the blocking scheme correctly or a hot route. 

Even if 14 is somehow blameless, Adam Gase's offense hasn't been able to beat any kind of blitz all year 

or last year 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

The soft schedule over the next 7 games is going to mask Gase's ineptness and buy him another year.  He is who he is, and that's a losing coach who has been steering the ship to 3 non-competitive games out of 6 so far this season.  I cannot believe I'm saying this, but even Todd Bowles would have done more with this team. 

All I can hope for now as I wallow in my disgust for this team is that this clown of a coach doesn't ruin our QB.  I hope Darnold is good enough to rise above it all.   

So you hope Gase doesn't ruin Sam but yet in the same post mention even Bowles would be better - you just can't make this nonsense up .

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Pats were in simple Cover 0 man and blitzing one extra rusher than there were blockers - 5 v 6, 6 v 7 etc. It is usually a hail mary 4th and the game situation but BB was calling it all over the field and the Jets had no answers or adjustments. Sam couldn't call the blocking scheme correctly or a hot route. 

Even if 14 is somehow blameless, Adam Gase's offense hasn't been able to beat any kind of blitz all year 

or last year 

Sam didnt know how to set protections and find the open guy. There was nothing Gase could do. UCLA doesnt quite bring the same type of heat. If you remember the Ohio State game Darnold flashed all of these terrible habits.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Sam didnt know how to set protections and find the open guy. There was nothing Gase could do. UCLA doesnt quite bring the same type of heat. If you remember the Ohio State game Darnold flashed all of these terrible habits.

Even if you can't find the open guy, find something. Find the sideline. 

how about protect the football - take a sack, dont take a strip sack 

the high snap from Kalil basically hits him in the hands. Like it's going upward but it passes through is arms head high... 

USC Qbs have a tradition of making bad situations awful dating back to Todd Marinovich 

last night was Sam's butt fumble he's basically ruined 

great job everyone 

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Are you seriously not down on 11/32 for 82 with 4 picks and a fumble?  He was thowing off his backfoot and heaving up lobs to noone.  Newsflash:  Luke Falk was better. 

The Patriots are 7-0 and I don't care if he was playing the 2000 Ravens and 85 Bears at the same time, with 22 defenders on the field, I could still see that he looked like sh*t.

Newsflash - no he wasn't. Belicheck just had 11 days to prepare for this Monday night game . Unlike the first game where he dared Falk to beat them , this game there was no way he was going let Sam beat them. 

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I understand your point.  Bowles was paid $4M per year when the league average was $4.8M.....but he was also a rookie, 1st time HC.  Those guys don't typically get paid as much as the Belichicks, Andy Reids, Pete Carrolls, etc.

29 minutes ago, jgb said:

Here’s the problem every DC going forward will pop in the Pats tape and shamelessly mimic the Pats game plan.

Not that easy - if that were the case every team would know how to beat every other team and QB. 

If this were last year I might be inclined to agree with you , as Bowles changed nothing., I still believe Gase will get this offense moving in the right direction. 

And I'll add the brilliance of Belicheck is how his gameplan will change drastically from week to week. He exploits the other team's weakness, he doesn't have this stubborn this is what we do come beat us attitude 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I understand your point.  Bowles was paid $4M per year when the league average was $4.8M.....but he was also a rookie, 1st time HC.  Those guys don't typically get paid as much as the Belichicks, Andy Reids, Pete Carrolls, etc.

The average head coach salary is almost 7 million per year 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_coach

21 minutes ago, bitonti said:

or last year 

And that usually falls first on the Oline which has been a disaster. 

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

And that usually falls first on the Oline which has been a disaster. 

the line sucks but picking up 7 with 6 is not on the line 

shifting left when you should shift right is not on the line 

even a high snap should be caught when it hits the QB in the hands 

the QB has been a disaster that's the hard truth Jets fans don't want to look at

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the line sucks but picking up 7 with 6 is not on the line 

shifting left when you should shift right is not on the line 

even a high snap should be caught when it hits the QB in the hands 

the QB has been a disaster that's the hard truth Jets fans don't want to look at

The QB was a disaster yesterday plain and simple. He certainly wasn't a disaster against Dallas or down the stretch last season.  Belicheck makes many QB's look foolish .

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

My bad.  I was going off older data but the numbers on averages and what Bowles was making are accurate as of that time...

95361080_ScreenShot2019-10-22at10_32_14AM.thumb.png.4203459b7966c60b980084d711e95931.png

the truth is that HC numbers are private and no one really knows what anyone makes (like Forbes Wealth list it's estimated) 

BB was making 7.5 mil in 2011 the last time anyone had a number for it etc.  It could be 10 easily.

Bowles i suspect was actually closer to 3.5 than 4 

And gase i suspect is making the same 

31 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

So you hope Gase doesn't ruin Sam but yet in the same post mention even Bowles would be better - you just can't make this nonsense up .

That's right.  As crappy a HC as Bowles was, and believe me, I despised Bowles,  I think he would have done a better job with this team than Gase has up until now.  Can't I believe that AND at the same time hope that Gase doesn't ruin Sam with his continued asinine game planning?  

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Newsflash - no he wasn't. Belicheck just had 11 days to prepare for this Monday night game . Unlike the first game where he dared Falk to beat them , this game there was no way he was going let Sam beat them. 

Wow, I'm sure Lil' Bill needed those extra four days.  They sitting there daring Falk to beat them and still got 5 sacks?  I get that Darnold is better than Falk, but he was a complete disaster last night.  He had had 10 more attempts than Falk and had 3 more INTs, less completions for less yards.  OTOH, he did have more fumbles and heaves to no particular place.

Yes, I am aware that Darnold seemed to actually try, while Falk was basically just surviving, but the numbers don't really lie.

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

If you look at the Patriots schedule and the state of the AFC right now, I'd be shocked if they aren't 16-0.  Hey, if you like 15-1 or 14-2 have at it, doesn't change my point.

SAR I

It doesn't change your point?  Your point being that the team is hopeless against good teams?  Great point.  How does that fit your narrative?

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

It doesn't change your point?  Your point being that the team is hopeless against good teams?  Great point.  How does that fit your narrative?

I mean it's not as if the Patriots defense is full of HOF'ers. They've just played a stretch of bad/young QB's. This is not an all time defense.