The worst part of the loss last night

JohnnyLV

Wasn't Sam Darnold channeling Fitzloser and Sanchez in a completely inept performance

It wasn't Gase's refusal to adjust his scheme to protect his QB and  help the OL pass protect

It wasn't the total lack of a pass rush or the lack of effort from many players most notably Leo

It wasn't really anything Jets related

It was watching a game where it was 100% clear that the teams were not officiated even remotely close to the same. It was disgusting.

the Cheatriots were literally having their WR corps blatantly and intentionally hold on every play and never being called. They held the Jets rushers continuously even grabbing by the shirt up the middle and not getting called. The "officials" allowed blatant PI on several of their "core" pick plays.

Yet almost every rinky dink penalty was called on the Jets.

Not that we would have won or been remotely close or anything, but the refs literally let NE just hold their way to an opening TD, and then when we fumbled the Jets entire team, especially Darnold completely lost their composure.

Second week in a row for this. Jets have marginal talent and what seems to be a marginal head coach but having to overcome ref bias is just too big of a mountain to climb. 

Cheaters DO prosper in the NFL It's pretty brilliant when you think about it. The Pats literally cheat on every offensive snap and challenge the refs to call it on every play, but the refs won't and literally let them them do it.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Wasn't Sam Darnold channeling Fitzloser and Sanchez in a completely inept performance

It wasn't Gase's refusal to adjust his scheme to protect his QB and  help the OL pass protect

It wasn't the total lack of a pass rush or the lack of effort from many players most notably Leo

It was watching a game where it was 100% clear that the teams were not officiated even remotely close to the same. It was disgusting.

the Cheatriots were literally having their WR corps blatantly and intentionally hold on every play and never being called. They held the Jets rushers continuously even grabbing by the shirt up the middle and not getting called. The "officials" allowed blatant PI on several of their "core" pick plays.

Not that we would have won or been remotely close or anything, but the refs literally let NE just hold their way to an opening TD, and then when we fumbled the Jets entire team, especially Darnold completely lost their composure.

Second week in a row for this. Jets have marginal talent and what seems to be a marginal head coach but having to overcome ref bias is just too big of a mountain to climb. 

Cheaters DO prosper in the NFL It's pretty brilliant when you think about it. The Pats literally cheat on every offensive snap and challenge the refs to call it on every play, but the refs won't and literally let them them do it.

i agree the patsies get the calls but that's still no excuse for letting collins rush darnold without any blocker getting in his way.  and if it wasn't collins it was mccourty.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

We played like sh*t. End of discussion. 

A 16-0 Super Bowl defending champion dynasty flashing the best defense in the history of the NFL beat a rebuilding team manned by a 22 year old quarterback returning from a devastating physical disease.

My God, we all should have expected so much more.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 4

Just now, SAR I said:

A 16-0 Super Bowl defending champion dynasty flashing the best defense in the history of the NFL beat a rebuilding team manned by a 22 year old quarterback returning from a devastating physical disease.

SAR I

@SAR I  are you really defending what happened last night?  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

while I agree they never call holding against the Pats 

in any nationally Televised game there's a moment when the refs try to stop everyone from turning off their TVs

there was one point at 17 - 0 the refs tried to give the Jets some hope

they called back a Pats return TD, they gave them about 50 yards in PI penalties and ruled the Pats ball on the 1 after the INT when it was clearly a touchback. there was also a couple roughing on TB penalties that were not called shockingly  

the Jets were just so abysmal they couldn't take what was being handed to them 

Late in games when the Pats have already locked up the wins that's when calls start going against them.

So when you look at overall penalties called against teams it's not skewed as badly as some might think - to give it some cover.  But it's a sh--ty league.

It really is just not an enjoyable league when you believe it's honest to goodness fixed.

I'm a rational person most of the time not one for conspiracy theories - but I HONESTLY believe it's fixed.  

Just now, joewilly12 said:

@SAR I  are you really defending what happened last night?  

I don't know how to answer a question you shouldn't be asking.

If NASCAR kidnapped you and your Toyota Camry, threw you on the track, and told you to win the Indy 500 and you lost, would you deserve blame?  Should your family look at you with disappointment?  Should your friends disrespect you?

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Finally, you see the light. 

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I don't know how to answer a question you shouldn't be asking.

If NASCAR kidnapped you and your Toyota Camry, threw you on the track, and told you to win the Indy 500 and you lost, would you deserve blame?  Should your family look at you with disappointment?  Should your friends disrespect you?

SAR I

I would try my best and for the record I don't own a Toyota Camry I would at least run some people off the track. 

What positives did you see from Sam Darnold and the entire NY Jets team last night. 

INT after INT he lofted the ball into the air throwing it up for grabs, not  good sign from a supposed franchise QB. 

Sorry but this is a bad football team. 

Back when I had tickets and sat out for the 1-15 Kotite season the people in my section we all wrote letters demanding a refund, PSL owners and season ticket holders today should crash the NY Jets computer system with emails. 

This is bad and its been bad many times before 2019. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Shill.....   playoffs here we come!!!

22 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Thanks for this post. 

If that's what you took out of last nights game, I now know I never have to take your opinions here seriously. I can rest easy the next time you butt fumble me or make another snarky comment to me, secure in the knowledge that you are totally without a clue. 

• Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I would try my best and for the record I don't own a Toyota Camry I would at least run some people off the track. 

What positives did you see from Sam Darnold and the entire NY Jets team last night. 

INT after INT he lofted the ball into the air throwing it up for grabs, not  good sign from a supposed franchise QB. 

Sorry but this is a bad football team. 

Back when I had tickets and sat out for the 1-15 Kotite season the people in my section we all wrote letters demanding a refund, PSL owners and season ticket holders today should crash the NY Jets computer system with emails. 

This is bad and its been bad many times before 2019. 

The Jets had the Bills beat in Week 1 and defeated the Cowboys in Week 6.  Those games happened.  They weren't mirages.  They were just strong performances against teams that aren't arguably the best version of the Patriots that Bill Belichick ever created.

After we beat the Jaguars and Dolphins you'll be puffing your chest as we beat the Giants.  Teams we have the right to expect competitive games and victories in.  Not the Patriots.  Not at this time. 

Don't fall into the SOJF Victim trap today, JW.  I expect more from you than I did from the Jets last night.  The Jets were supposed to lose.  You're not.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

The Jets had the Bills beat in Week 1 and defeated the Cowboys in Week 6.  Those games happened.  They weren't mirages.  They were just strong performances against teams that aren't arguably the best version of the Patriots that Bill Belichick ever created.

After we beat the Jaguars and Dolphins you'll be puffing your chest as we beat the Giants.  Teams we have the right to expect competitive games and victories in.  Not the Patriots.  Not at this time.  Don't fall into the SOJF Victim trap today, JW.  I expect more from you than I did from the Jets last night.  The Jets were supposed to lose.  You're not.

SAR I

I hear you but level of performance was bad last night, we did nothing right and some players looked bad in the process, players regressed to low levels. 

The team is poorly coached and the roster is a disaster. 

Heres hoping for 9-7 season. 

• Upvote 2

Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are the greatest QB and HC to ever step on a football field.

The Patriots are the greatest dynasty in the history of team sports.

It sucks, but it is what it is.

Of course they’re going to get away with some things that slapdick teams like us won’t.

I’m tired of the constant complaining about the officiating in Pats games. It just makes us sound like a bunch of whiny pussies.

54 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I hear you but level of performance was bad last night, we did nothing right and some players looked bad in the process, players regressed to low levels. 

The team is poorly coached and the roster is a disaster. 

Heres hoping for 9-7 season. 

It’s not fun but it’s not shocking. 

#6 seeds lose 7 times a year. Some of them ugly.  It’s cool.  The stadium was pleasant.  

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

#6 seeds lose 7 times a year. Some of them ugly.  It’s cool.  The stadium was pleasant.  

TV commented on the NE Patriots takeover of the stadium. 

Amazing how fans from opposing teams can sneak down to the lower level first row and no one says a word to them but when NY Jets fans season ticket holders try it they are confronted. 

Also how many season ticket holders SOLD OUT last night there were many NE fans first row LL when the game started. 

Shame on them. 

joewilly12

I'd love to cling onto the idea that the officiating affected the game.  I really can't.  While I agree that it was slanted towards the Pats if it was even-handed the Jets lose by what, 27-0 instead?

Perhaps the Patriots are simply coached better to know where the officials are and what kinds of things they can get away with?  Even if the cameras see it their players know where the Line Judge is located, where the Field Judge is typically positioned, etc. and that things like outside holding could get called but inside holding they can get away with 90% of the time.  Just a thought but that would be the kind of next-level tutelage I'd expect from Belichick.  Always pushing the envelope.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

All true.  Of course, it doesn't excuse the Jets from anything.  The coaching, management and players suck.  And yes, the refs heavily favor the Pats and Cowboys, everyone knows that (even dishonest Pats fans), but no excuses for what Gase brought to the field last night.  I know the personnel sucks, but Gase is showing himself to be unable to adjust to anything.  Same 'ol Jets.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Losers accept losing, make excuses and that is exactly what this BS is.,

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

TV commented on the NE Patriots takeover of the stadium. 

Amazing how fans from opposing teams can sneak down to the lower level first row and no one says a word to them but when NY Jets fans season ticket holders try it they are confronted. 

Also how many season ticket holders SOLD OUT last night there were many NE fans first row LL when the game started. 

Shame on them. 

joewilly12

shame on the Jets for expecting anyone to pay for this atrocious product.  I was in PA working into the early evening, so I am delighted that I sold them 10 days ago.  Putrid.  At least I got a few hundred in profit from this mess.  I'll be there again for the Giants just like the Cowboys.  Can rarely go on weeknights.  I offered my tix to Jets fans I know before posting on Ticketmaster and Stubhub.  No takers for FACE value.  So I sold them on stub hub for $150 over face value each.  I used to post tickets here on this site at below face.  Nobody ever responded.   So I am deaf to anyone's complaints about opposing colors in the stands.  Jets fans could easily buy my tickets when I can't go, but they never do.  Thank God for StubHub abd the like.  

For all the complaining on this board about opposing colors in the stadium, anyone who isn't going to the games on a regular basis just needs to massively and forever STFU.  Really.  Non attendees should be banned for complaining about other colors in the stadium. 

Hey  everyone...

I can't go to the Steelers game in December.  I am offering my tix at FACE VALUE to all here.  Otherwise they go on stubhub/ticketmaster for OVER face value and they will sell.  Here is your chance to put GREEN in the stands on that date.

So step up and buy them.  No?  Then royally STFU when the stadium is loaded with Steelers fans.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Where was the recovery excuse vs the Cowboys. SMH #ISEEGHOST

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

shame on the Jets for expecting anyone to pay for this atrocious product.  I was in PA working into the early evening, so I am delighted that I sold them 10 days ago.  Putrid.  At least I got a few hundred in profit from this mess.  I'll be there again for the Giants just like the Cowboys.  Can rarely go on weeknights.  I offered my tix to Jets fans I know before posting on Ticketmaster and Stubhub.  No takers for FACE value.  So I sold them on stub hub for $150 over face value each.  I used to post tickets here on this site at below face.  Nobody ever responded.   So I am deaf to anyone's complaints about opposing colors in the stands.  Jets fans could easily buy my tickets when I can't go, but they never do.  Thank God for StubHub abd the like.  

For all the complaining on this board about opposing colors in the stadium, anyone who isn't going to the games on a regular basis just needs to massively and forever STFU.  

Nope will not STFU as a former season ticket holder who never missed a game...no excuses allowed, sat out the 1-15 season attended every game no matter what. Monday Night miracle  in my seats till the end and made it to work at 5am the next morning. Back in the day pre-PSL stadium full of NY Jets fans diehards in the same seats every week cheering on the team win or lose. 

Different times I guess to each is own. 

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Nope will not STFU as a former season ticket holder who never missed a game...no excuses allowed, sat out the 1-15 season attended every game no matter what. Monday Night miracle  in my seats till the end and made it to work at 5am the next morning. Back in the day pre-PSL stadium full of NY Jets fans diehards in the same seats every week cheering on the team win or lose. 

Different times I guess to each is own. 

I don't care about your past. It is irrelevant to the here and now.  Back then there was no StubHub.  You either gave away your tickets or sold them to friends, colleagues or neighbors, and if no takers, the seats were empty instead of opposing colors most of the time at Shea.  I was there from 1973 until they moved to NJ in '84.  

It's now 2019.  New era.  Get your head out of the past.  It's up to Jets fans to step up and buy tickets when other Jets fans can't go.  But they don't. So many Jets fans sit around on their cheap, lazy, fat asses and complain that other Jets fans aren't filling the seats.  Those are the ones to blame. Not the ticket holders.    

Again, unless Jets fans go to games, they need to keep their yap shut about STH who do.  You don't like the situation at the stadium?  Then do something about it instead of running your mouth complaining. So you went to all the games in the past?  Cool story.  So did I.  Not going now? That's fine but the fact is that you are part of the cause of the very thing that you are complaining about.  It's fine if you don't want to go or can't go.  It's not fine to point the finger and blame the Jets fans who do go to most games.  You are biting the hand that actually does feed the stadium with Jets fans in most games.   Completely illogical.  Frankly, it is pretty stupid reasoning.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

I don't care about your past. It is irrelevant to the here and now.  Back then there was no StubHub.  You either gave away your tickets or sold them to friends, colleagues or neighbors, and if no takers, the seats were empty instead of opposing colors most of the time at Shea.  I was there from 1973 until they moved to NJ in '84.  

It's now 2019.  New era.  Get your head out of the past.  It's up to Jets fans to step up and buy tickets when other Jets fans can't go.  But they don't. So many Jets fans sit around on their cheap, lazy, fat asses and complain that other Jets fans aren't filling the seats.  Those are the ones to blame. Not the ticket holders.    

Again, unless Jets fans go to games, they need to keep their yap shut about STH who do.  You don't like the situation at the stadium?  Then do something about it instead of running your mouth complaining. So you went to all the games in the past?  Cool story.  So did I.  Not going now? That's fine but the fact is that you are part of the cause of the very thing that you are complaining about.  It's fine if you don't want to go or can't go.  It's not fine to point the finger and blame the Jets fans who do go to most games.  You are biting the hand that actually does feed the stadium with Jets fans in most games.   Completely illogical.  Frankly, it is pretty stupid reasoning.

Me buying 2-4 PSL's and season tickets changes nothing while there are fans like you with tickets. 

Enjoy the season after last night I have no energy to argue especially with another NY Jets fan. 

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

We played like sh*t. End of discussion. 

As far as the Jets performance, absolutely correct. The refs could have been out there stark naked riding on elephants around the field and the Jets would have been shut out anyway. 

But the side-topic of how corrupt the officiating is in favor of teams like the Pats, Cowboys and Steelers is ripe for discussion.  Doesn't affect the W-L from last night, but it certainly would have altered the outcome of the Cowboys game had they converted the 2 pointer, right?  

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Me buying 2-4 PSL's and season tickets changes nothing while there are fans like you with tickets. 

Enjoy the season after last night I have no energy to argue especially with another NY Jets fan. 

LOL.  You, and others like you, are indeed the problem.  I go to most games.  You, on the other hand, sit and complain about the two games I don't attend.  I offer them to Jets fans for below face.  Can you explain why nobody buys?  Because Jets fans like you, who are all mouth (despite the past) and no action, do nothing but sit around and complain.  Despicable.

AGAIN:  I have three 32-yardline row 16 Lowers available at FACE VALUE for the Steelers game.  I'll even take a little less than face, how about $20 below face?  Let's see alleged Jets fans (like you) step up.  If not, then I will laugh in your face when you complain about Steelers fans there.  

• Upvote 1