The worst part of the loss last night

JohnnyLV

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Wasn't Sam Darnold channeling Fitzloser and Sanchez in a completely inept performance

It wasn't Gase's refusal to adjust his scheme to protect his QB and  help the OL pass protect

It wasn't the total lack of a pass rush or the lack of effort from many players most notably Leo

It wasn't really anything Jets related

It was watching a game where it was 100% clear that the teams were not officiated even remotely close to the same. It was disgusting.

the Cheatriots were literally having their WR corps blatantly and intentionally hold on every play and never being called. They held the Jets rushers continuously even grabbing by the shirt up the middle and not getting called. The "officials" allowed blatant PI on several of their "core" pick plays.

Yet almost every rinky dink penalty was called on the Jets.

Not that we would have won or been remotely close or anything, but the refs literally let NE just hold their way to an opening TD, and then when we fumbled the Jets entire team, especially Darnold completely lost their composure.

Second week in a row for this. Jets have marginal talent and what seems to be a marginal head coach but having to overcome ref bias is just too big of a mountain to climb. 

Cheaters DO prosper in the NFL It's pretty brilliant when you think about it. The Pats literally cheat on every offensive snap and challenge the refs to call it on every play, but the refs won't and literally let them them do it.

You’re blaming the refs!? Wow! The Refs tried to keep it a close game by calling marginal calls at best against the Pats D. I swear I saw one of them face palm when Darnold threw off his back foot for another INT in the end zone. 

The Refs has nothing do with the loss, poor O Line play and a QB throwing off his back foot did! Not to mention a D that couldn’t stop a wet paper bag in the first half. 

I hate the “holding all day” wake up! It’s football they can call holding on almost every play! They don’t because it slow the game down. (FYI the Jets got away with a few holds themselves it just didn’t matter because the ones not holding couldn’t hold a dang block!)

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Dcat said:

As far as the Jets performance, absolutely correct. The refs could have been out there stark naked riding on elephants around the field and the Jets would have been shut out anyway. 

But the side-topic of how corrupt the officiating is in favor of teams like the Pats, Cowboys and Steelers is ripe for discussion.  Doesn't affect the W-L from last night, but it certainly would have altered the outcome of the Cowboys game had they converted the 2 pointer, right?  

Seems like you are one of the few that got my post. I am making NO excuses for the play of the Jets. We were utterly and completely inept and I truly did not think Darnold would ever play that bad again.

The coaching was utterly pathetic. 

The OL is just completely and utterly abysmal. Pollack should be fired no OL should ever be this bad. EVER.

It is one of the worst performances I have ever seen by the Jets. Even with level playing field officiating the Jets still probably get shut out, BUT it was not a level playing field. I watched this game and for the first time ever it made me seriously consider that the NFL might actually be rigged for the elite money making teams.

But NO EXCUSE.  If I were an owner, I might seriously fire Gase, Loggains and Pollak today, promote Williams and Cooter and just move on.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

You’re blaming the refs!? Wow! The Refs tried to keep it a close game by calling marginal calls at best against the Pats D. I swear I saw one of them face palm when Darnold threw off his back foot for another INT in the end zone. 

The Refs has nothing do with the loss, poor O Line play and a QB throwing off his back foot did! Not to mention a D that couldn’t stop a wet paper bag in the first half. 

I hate the “holding all day” wake up! It’s football they can call holding on almost every play! They don’t because it slow the game down. (FYI the Jets got away with a few holds themselves it just didn’t matter because the ones not holding couldn’t hold a dang block!)

NO. See post above. I am not blaming the refs for the loss. I am just pointing out that in addition to playing completely inept, the officiating was completely corrupt.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Dcat said:

LOL.  You, and others like you, are indeed the problem.  I go to most games.  You, on the other hand, sit and complain about the two games I don't attend.  I offer them to Jets fans for below face.  Can you explain why nobody buys?  Because Jets fans like you, who are all mouth (despite the past) and no action, do nothing but sit around and complain.  Despicable.

AGAIN:  I have three 32-yardline row 16 Lowers available at FACE VALUE for the Steelers game.  I'll even take a little less than face, how about $20 below face?  Let's see alleged Jets fans (like you) step up.  If not, then I will laugh in your face when you complain about Steelers fans there.  

I wasn't the problem for 20+ years as a season ticket holder not missing a single game, planned family events around the NY Jets and dragged myself into work the next day and i'm not the problem today. You are selling tickets to opposing teams fans making excuses why you couldn't go, while the real reason was to profit off a NE fan. 

I have the opportunity to go every home game my neighbors company has 8 season tickets I don't need to buy anyones tickets unless of course they are all spoken for. Besides that when I do go depending on the game and game time I like to sit row 1 LL or MEZZ club seats. 

My past is very relevant to the entire situation I sat through a lot of losing football and miserable times. We all have options in life to do as we see fit and what works for you and me. I am paying 2 student loans off I think thats way more important than PSL's and season tickets and i'm retired at 56. 

Once again enjoy. 

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Thanks for this post. 

If that's what you took out of last nights game, I now know I never have to take your opinions here seriously. I can rest easy the next time you butt fumble me or make another snarky comment to me, secure in the knowledge that you are totally without a clue. 

It is ONE thing I took away from the game. As the posts above show, I feel that the Jets were criminally inept, incredibly poorly coached and Darnold was utterly and completely awful (which I am sure you enjoyed on some level after all the praise and hype he got this week) We would have still been shut out even if the officials were angels, but watching them let the Pats just do whatever they wanted was just sort of salt in the wound. Quite honestly, I am not sure if this team will ever be successful with Gase. I did not like the hire, liked some of the comments he made in preseason to give me hope, but so far I find him actually worse than Bowles. But the Jets will suffer along with the guy for 3 or 4 years.  I still think Darnold should become a FQB, but this is not the team nor staff to get him there.

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I wasn't the problem for 20+ years as a season ticket holder not missing a single game, .......

Hey, you said you were done responding.  I trusted you.  You were lying.

You weren't the problem when you had tickets and you attended.  Even if you couldn't go to the games from time to time.  Back then there was little to no medium for opposing fans to purchase tickets (outside of illegal scalpers at the stadium or rip off ticket brokers).  So of course your seats went to friends neighbors or the like for free.  Or they remained empty that week. Back then, tickets were only $25/game.  I sat in the lowers for over 15 years at $25/game.  No big deal to eat the cost when you couldn't attend.  But today, the same seats are $160-$170 (Lower sidelines between 15-40 yd line).  I refuse to "eat" the cost, as you would like me to do, because Jets fans like you refuse to buy them even below face value.  You see, it is you and others like you, who are the problem now (not 20 years ago, but NOW).  You, and people like you, sit and complain and do nothing to change anything.  

Now stick to your promise and don't respond.  The board simply can't hold the weight of your hypocrisy on this issue.   I've got my Steeler tix for sale at below face value on this board.  Wanna buy them?  Know any Jets fans who want to sit on the 32 yard line lowers at BELOW face?  No?  They are posted on this board at $20 below face.  They are posted on StubHub at well over face.  Wanna bet where they sell first?  Jets fans who don't go to games and sit and complain about those who do royally suck.  Worst fans ever.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

As far as the Jets performance, absolutely correct. The refs could have been out there stark naked riding on elephants around the field and the Jets would have been shut out anyway. 

But the side-topic of how corrupt the officiating is in favor of teams like the Pats, Cowboys and Steelers is ripe for discussion.  Doesn't affect the W-L from last night, but it certainly would have altered the outcome of the Cowboys game had they converted the 2 pointer, right?  

I dont know Dcat. 

Even the refs hit the Cowboys with a catch that wasnt a catch by refs, but was actually a catch by any one who's ever caught or seen a football caught.

Now im not saying that there isnt anything nefarious, this is "sports entertainment" after all which means that the officials can do things to make sure that things go a particular way. With that understood by everyone, we got blown out of our own building by 30+ points with 5 turnovers. 

It wasnt even a matchup. The Jets need to put a competitive product on the field before we can even get to the ref part. Just look at the point that Bitoni made. 

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

while I agree they never call holding against the Pats 

in any nationally Televised game there's a moment when the refs try to stop everyone from turning off their TVs

there was one point at 17 - 0 the refs tried to give the Jets some hope

they called back a Pats return TD, they gave them about 50 yards in PI penalties and ruled the Pats ball on the 1 after the INT when it was clearly a touchback. there was also a couple roughing on TB penalties that were not called shockingly  

the Jets were just so abysmal they couldn't take what was being handed to them 

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

while I agree they never call holding against the Pats 

in any nationally Televised game there's a moment when the refs try to stop everyone from turning off their TVs

there was one point at 17 - 0 the refs tried to give the Jets some hope

they called back a Pats return TD, they gave them about 50 yards in PI penalties and ruled the Pats ball on the 1 after the INT when it was clearly a touchback. there was also a couple roughing on TB penalties that were not called shockingly  

the Jets were just so abysmal they couldn't take what was being handed to them 

yeah they called back the td and then the booger made fun of the refs because the jet te touched the patsie players with his foot while he recovered the fumble.  booger is a moron and the other guy wasn't far behind.

Honestly I don't agree at all. We got a fair number of calls in the first half despite the fact that we were woefully inept on offense.

There have been games where the Pats beat us because of the refs (ASJ fumble through the endzone.) This was not one of them. This was an elite team with a dominant defense whooping a bad team with a pathetic offense.