I'm Sorry

I apologize to those fellow posters that have been hammering Gase for weeks. 

You were right! End of story.

What coach in his right mind allows his young QB who has barely played to be Mic'd up... Insanity

Why does Gase not bring in multiple TEs with delayed screens to chip free rushers.

Any sort of quick pass to help him out.

This is the NFL, how do you not punish a team for zero blitz every play.

And for those that want to defend Gregg Williams and say that he would be better? How about you don't allow a 16 play 9 minute drive to start the game... that is embarrassing... 

Why can every team in the league complete 3rd and long and every single 4th down on you.

Anyway this is my apology to @BurnleyJet @dbatesman @Warfish @jgb @JiF  among others that rightfully trashed Gase... 

The worst part about all this is that Gase ain't getting fired. We might be seeing Kotite part 2.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Wanna bet?

I'll take that action.

People don't realize how much of a factor opponent is, there's a big difference between teams like the Pats and teams like Miami. Conservative coaches can do well because you can beat a lot of bad teams if you play it close to the vest and don't beat yourself. Pennington and Herm made the playoffs a few times with a mantra of any drive that ends in a kick is a good one. It's why I really only look at opponent adjusted stats.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, CTM said:

I'll take that action.

People don't realize how much of a factor opponent is, there's a big difference between teams like the Pats and teams like Miami. Conservative coaches can do well because you can beat a lot of bad teams if you play it close to the vest and don't beat yourself. Pennington and Herm made the playoffs a few times with a mantra of any drive that ends in a kick is a good one. It's why I really only look at opponent adjusted stats.

Although Gase is anything but a conservative coach... 

3 minutes ago, GumboBoat said:

The Johnson boys should apologize to the entire fan base for not hiring Mike McCarthy.

F*ck Mike McCarthy 

They should’ve done everything in their power to bring in Mike Shanahan.

Even if he didn’t want to coach, he would be awesome in a ‘VP of Football Operations’ role and we’d probably have a guy like Matt LaFleur as HC.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

What coach in his right mind allows his young QB who has barely played to be Mic'd up... Insanity

Why does Gase not bring in multiple TEs with delayed screens to chip free rushers.

And for those that want to defend Gregg Williams and say that he would be better? How about you don't allow a 16 play 9 minute drive to start the game... that is embarrassing... 

Why can every team in the league complete 3rd and long and every single 4th down on you.

Anyway this is my apology to @BurnleyJet @dbatesman @Warfish @jgb @JiF  among others that rightfully trashed Gase... 

The worst part about all this is that Gase ain't getting fired. We might be seeing Kotite part 2.

Not necessary, I didnt even have you tagged as the biggest Gase defender, that title goes to one poster and he'll never apologize for anything...

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

In 2 weeks Gase is going to start feasting on teams like the Dolphins, Bengals and Redskins.  

I think we'll find out that Gase is very average and not a difference maker.  Will beat bad teams, will lose to good ones....will get killed by great ones like last night.  I don't care if the Patriots currently are tracking to have a better D than then '85 Bears and 2000 Ravens, last night was a disaster.  Beating the Cowboys and hanging with the Bills doesn't really make up for how bad they looked last night.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

In 2 weeks Gase is going to start feasting on teams like the Dolphins, Bengals and Redskins.  

At this point I think it comes down to what teams do we play that aren't smart enough to exploit our slap-dick blocking scheme? So far, it's only been the Cowboys. Everyone else had a ton of free rushers in the QB's lap all day. So basically teams with an incompetent DC - we have a shot against them. Everyone else is going to pound on whoever our QB is and we won't have much of a shot.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

McCarthy is not good... They dodged a bullet there

oh yeah sure by hiring a losing coach without a ring and one that ran a terrible offense. Only in jets bizzaro world land is the better hire the loser that has not won anything has a career losing record and runs a terrible offense.

I keep hearing how coaching can help a young qb succeed. McCarthy made some very wise choices as it related to Arod's developement and was able to transition away from a hall of fame qb to his young stud qb

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

22 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

The Patriots jumped on the Jets defense early with a 9 minute drive and capped it off with a TD, that's true. But do you think the defense had an opportunity to regroup when after that 9 minute drive the offense goes out on the field and throws a INT in less than a minute??? The defense had to go back out on the field immediately and hold the Pats to a FG in the redzone with the Pats losing 4 yards during that drive. Maybe now the defense has an opportunity to regroup and figure out what to do from here? Of course not. The Jets offense goes 3 and out in less than 2 minutes and the defense is BACK on the field.

Williams had no help. By the time the score was 17-0 Patriots, the Jets offense had only ran a grand total of 5 plays which produced an INT and a punt. 

When the Jets got the ball down 17-0, they ran 3 plays and fumbled the ball on their side of the field. 9 plays later the patriots were up 24-0. 

What happened with the Jets down 24-0? They ran 7 plays, then turned the ball over again with an INT. 

How do you expect the defense to function when they cant get a breather or even get the offense to not turn over the ball in order for special teams to turn the field over in order for the defense to play field management? 

Matter of fact, From the 2nd quarter on, the Jets defense had the Patriots punt 7 different times, and got an INT in the 4th quarter while the Pats scored just 7 more points during that time. 

I dont want to hear anything about Greg Williams regarding this game. This is on Gase, and let it stay on Gase. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Sam looked horrendous. But the coaching was even worse!

No slants called? No designed screens to Bell or Montgomery?

These plays wouldn’t have won us the game. But they were open all game and could have made it a completely different game. 

Gase is a joke

The Pats kept sending the house - a well timed screen to Bell could easily be a TD - hit on something like that early and the game changes completely.

Unprepared, no adjustments and no creativity.  

Gase has to go.

• Upvote 4

No apologies needed, it’s not about being right or wrong. We ALL want the same thing....a winner. Everything we all say here gets back to that. We’re all on the same team. Support a guy or not, those opinions are all in pursuit of a winning Jets team. It’s never personal.

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, kmnj said:

oh yeah sure by hiring a losing coach without a ring and one that ran a terrible offense. Only in jets bizzaro world land is the better hire the loser that has not won anything has a career losing record and runs a terrible offense.

I keep hearing how coaching can help a young qb succeed. McCarthy made some very wise choices as it related to Arod's developement and was able to transition away from a hall of fame qb to his young stud qb

never mind the fact he also helped revive Brett's career  knew when it was time to move on and has a track record of actually developing a young qb into a probowl qb, we did not dodge a bullet, instead we walked into a firing squad with Gase, in a yr or two things will not have changed with Gase. instead there will be excuse after excuse this player is injuried or this player does not perform. how long and what will it take to make a move. If you are sick you see a dr and make the changes you need to get healthy, in the office if you dont perform you get fired how is this different?

• Thumb Down 1

28 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The Patriots jumped on the Jets defense early with a 9 minute drive and capped it off with a TD, that's true. But do you think the defense had an opportunity to regroup when after that 9 minute drive the offense goes out on the field and throws a INT in less than a minute??? The defense had to go back out on the field immediately and hold the Pats to a FG in the redzone with the Pats losing 4 yards during that drive. Maybe now the defense has an opportunity to regroup and figure out what to do from here? Of course not. The Jets offense goes 3 and out in less than 2 minutes and the defense is BACK on the field.

Williams had no help. By the time the score was 17-0 Patriots, the Jets offense had only ran a grand total of 5 plays which produced an INT and a punt. 

When the Jets got the ball down 17-0, they ran 3 plays and fumbled the ball on their side of the field. 9 plays later the patriots were up 24-0. 

What happened with the Jets down 24-0? They ran 7 plays, then turned the ball over again with an INT. 

How do you expect the defense to function when they cant get a breather or even get the offense to not turn over the ball in order for special teams to turn the field over in order for the defense to play field management? 

Matter of fact, From the 2nd quarter on, the Jets defense had the Patriots punt 7 different times, and got an INT in the 4th quarter while the Pats scored just 7 more points during that time. 

I dont want to hear anything about Greg Williams regarding this game. This is on Gase, and let it stay on Gase. 

because they let off the gas and when they did take shots Brady's WRs dropped the ball on crucial downs that were wide open... not sure how you can defend the defense on their play last night... It was terrible. Sure they were on the field a long time... but that is their own fault too... 

33 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I even just said McCarthy would have been better then Gase. I also said that McCarthy was not the answer either in my opinion... but ok you go on ranting.

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

This utterly blows my mind. How there was not one adjustment to the zero blitz. Gets beat over and over again for 4 qtrs with the same blitz. How is that possible?? This is as bad or worse than Kotite. 

I would love to hear Belichick behind close doors after this

"I ran the same basic defense for 4 qtrs and this guy couldn't figure it out. HAHAHAHA"

Astonishing!!!

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

because they let off the gas and when they did take shots Brady's WRs dropped the ball on crucial downs that were wide open... not sure how you can defend the defense on their play last night... It was terrible. Sure they were on the field a long time... but that is their own fault too... 

This isnt a defense of the defense, this not doing that "And if you think Greg Williams would be better" thing. 

Adam Gase was never worthy of being a head coach, you can make an argument based on history that Adam Gase is. 

• Upvote 1