Don't. Trade. Adams.

I understand Jamal Adams is a box safety, which is by no means a premier position, but he brings so much more to the team than just tackles. He brings fire. When's the last time our fanbase had someone like Adams to rally around and support. Someone who stays on the field hours late to sign autographs and give away free Jordan merch. More importantly, he is a positive lockeroom voice, a pure leader. On the pregame radio show last night, Q Williams addressed the leaders of the team as whole. He must have said Jamal's name 7 times. That goes to show how much of an impact he is having on our young guys. Besides, if we did trade him, we'd have to hit on those picks, which is unlikely. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thumb Down 6
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, DjHoldyHold said:

I understand Jamal Adams is a box safety, which is by no means a premier position, but he brings so much more to the team than just tackles. He brings fire. When's the last time our fanbase had someone like Adams to rally around and support. Someone who stays on the field hours late to sign autographs and give away free Jordan merch. More importantly, he is a positive lockeroom voice, a pure leader. On the pregame radio show last night, Q Williams addressed the leaders of the team as whole. He must have said Jamal's name 7 times. That goes to show how much of an impact he is having on our young guys. Besides, if we did trade him, we'd have to hit on those picks, which is unlikely. 

Pure leader?. We're 1-5. So maybe his leadership sucks? He sure does a lot of talking, but the Facts are that he has 2 career interceptions and is gonna be looking for a 90 Mill+ contract in a year from now. Id trade him in a second. I'd even trade Q. Get a first for each and you have 3 first rounders to fix this disaster of an offense

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

I really like Adams and yes it's great to root for a player like him, but for all the fire and enthusiasm he brings, the team is still 1-5 and on the brink of another wasted season.  We need impact players ON the field.  His stats are pedestrian, but his bravado precedes him and makes him a tradeable asset if it comes to that.  

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, DjHoldyHold said:

You trade sorry ass. He's replaceable. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2

5 minutes ago, BCJet said:

The anti Adams crew loves to say “just draft LTs, edge rushers and offensive skill players” as if it’s that simple. 

It kind of is. Instead of drafting an interior DL, you draft an EDGE. Instead of drafting Polite, you draft (insert name here.) What am I missing here?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BurnleyJet said:

Adams 1st rounder (fingers crossed)

Lev Bell (Second rounder)

Robbie Anderson (4th rounder)

Leo Williams (5th rounder)

Gase fired, and all this  by next Tuesday go 2020 combine..

We could probably get a late 3rd for Anderson. I mean, the Jets were dumb enough to trade a 6th to their division rivals for a guy they were going to cut. 

Just now, BurnleyJet said:

Let’s see what happens by next week.

What happens if we get blown up by the Jags..

Gase is not getting fired in season. He isn't getting fired after the season.

0% chance Gase gets fired before the trading deadline. Just isn't going to happen.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Playing devil's advocate here but I would like to see Joe Douglas run one draft before we get rid of the few good pieces that we have.

He's got a 6-year contract.  We have to hope he knows what he's doing with his picks regardless.  So why not get him as many picks as possible?

Adams is only a good piece on a loaded defense.  He's basically useless here and not at all a "centerpiece".  Get what you can for him.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Maxman said:

Playing devil's advocate here but I would like to see Joe Douglas run one draft before we get rid of the few good pieces that we have.

Robbie's value to us is a decent draft pick. He is one nut in the eye of a cop's wife from being out of the league. It's my opinion that he is never going to break out and will be stuck on the verge of breaking out.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, BCJet said:

How many wins has Andre Dillard led the Eagles to?

How about TJ hockensen or Clelin Ferrell?

The anti Adams crew loves to say “just draft LTs, edge rushers and offensive skill players” as if it’s that simple. 

The nfl is a team sport and Adams excels at his role. Yes he will want to get paid but so do all good players.  

Two top defenses in the division. Who are their safeties? 

Patrick Chung: $4,483,333
Devin Mcourty: $3,935,000

Jordon Poyer: $4,325,000
Micah Hyde: $6,618,750

Jamal Adams: $7,164,078

The point being is that paying Adams would be a mistake. All make less and perform better while their defenses dominate. All on, at least, their second contract. The Bills safeties were free agents and didn't cost them any draft picks. 

What does paying Adams 8 million or more a year do for the Jets? Their defense hasn't sniffed the Pats or Bills defenses with the greatest safety of all time back there...while those other two defenses have middle tier safeties. 

You're confused about people being anti-Adams. There's a couple..sure. People are "anti" using high draft capital or paying safeties top dollar. Low 1st round or 2nd round is where you draft the best safeties in the draft. It makes their rookie salary a good deal and provides the best value in terms of draft picks. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I'd settle for seeing Joe Douglas.

Why?  He's not responsible for like 95 % of the garbage on the field at the moment.  I'd prefer him locked away with his scouts working out how to fix this mess, and on the phones with other GM's trying to get as many picks as possible for Macc's sh*t.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Robbie's value to us is a decent draft pick. He is one nut in the eye of a cop's wife from being out of the league. It's my opinion that he is never going to break out and will be stuck on the verge of breaking out.

Exactly.  The only reason to keep Robby was to help Sam.  Robby is of no use to Sam while opposing pass rushers are going through his pockets all game.  

Le'Veon I might keep because at least he's a safety valve.  And I also don't expect contending teams would be lining up to hand over a high pick for his contract.  He's worth more to us in 2020 than the pick we'd likely get for him.  If we can get a 2nd rounder, absolutely, but I don't see that at all happening.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

The point being is that paying Adams would be a mistake. All make less and perform better while their defenses dominate. All on, at least, their second contract.

3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

You're confused about people being anti-Adams. There's a couple..sure. People are "anti" using high draft capital or paying safeties top dollar.

its really simple, actually. only very slightly subtle.

but subtle around HERE is a hand grenade

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Why?  He's not responsible for like 95 % of the garbage on the field at the moment.  I'd prefer him locked away with his scouts working out how to fix this mess, and on the phones with other GM's trying to get as many picks as possible for Macc's sh*t.

He's the highest paid man in the Jets front office. Was the biggest hire this franchise made in years. He's in witness protection due to some unwritten rule that GM's are not allowed to appear during the season. He's employed by the franchise- he's absolutely responsible. Last night was an embarrassment.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Seriously, what's he gonna say?

"Yea, a bunch of guys I didn't draft or sign and a coach I didn't hire suck. I was hired too late in the year to do anything about that."

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes.  Adams fans had their victory lap.  Great stuff.  Then what happened?

When you have Tom Brady, the unblitzable in our division, you need all the help you can get in the secondary to beat him. Trading Adams is taking one step forward then two steps back kind of move. 

In a team sport he elevated the defense and won the game for the team when it mattered most. 

What more can we ask from him?

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1