Don't. Trade. Adams.

44 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Mosley has 1 int  in 1.5 games with the jets. Adams has 2 in 38

Trumaine had 4 last year, what does that mean?   Calling out interceptions like its the only bench mark is like listening to a Yankee fan say "but we have 27....."

Beside the Chicago DB's, last year most of the players in the top 10 in interceptions were on losing non playoff teams.  

Ps I'm a Yankee fan

40 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

NFL is a business JD will fire Gase to protect his job if he has to. 

He has a 6 year contract... he is not getting fired period... Gase is who brought him in... No chance Gase gets fired after this season. Maybe after next year, if it continues but even then JD has nothing to worry about... He has 6 YEARS

34 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I appreciate he is popular with some people.  And that he is a good safety.

With that said, all players are organizational assets, and safety is an asset that is a "nice to have" for a legit SB contender, not a "must have" for a team like ours in the cellar.  It's certainly not a game maker/breaker in the modern NFL.  I'd love to keep him, but if our GM thinks we can get more vital help or better assets for a team in our spot for what he is worth, they absolutely should explore that opportunity.

Our organization is in far too bad a place right now to be closed minded on player personnel management options.

But based on his true value I think that JD will hold out for something that blows his socks off to say, or he just won't trade him

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

He has a 6 year contract... he is not getting fired period... Gase is who brought him in... No chance Gase gets fired after this season. Maybe after next year, if it continues but even then JD has nothing to worry about... He has 6 YEARS

I never said when and if it will happen. 

• Thumb Down 1

24 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Trumaine had 4 last year, what does that mean?   Calling out interceptions like its the only bench mark is like listening to a Yankee fan say "but we have 27....."

Ps I'm a Yankee fan

i loved that move on teh TD, put his hand up to defend pass
AFTER THE BALL ALREADY ARRIVED! 

Worst CB in the league!!! 

And we got him!!! Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

bu bu bu but Rams franchised him x2...    move of the decade

1 hour ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Well I just saw on TMKS that Adams liked a tweet talking basically about how Darnold needs to pick up on these blitzes, so Jamal might want out anyway. Good riddance if he is traded, he's an over hyped loudmouth.

I heard that too but I don't see it under his likes.  Maybe he liked it and then unliked?!   

2 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

I really like Adams and yes it's great to root for a player like him, but for all the fire and enthusiasm he brings, the team is still 1-5 and on the brink of another wasted season.  We need impact players ON the field.  His stats are pedestrian, but his bravado precedes him and makes him a tradeable asset if it comes to that.  

PFF has him rated as top 5 safety this year.  So I don't know how his stats could be pedestrian to you.  He's not a ball hawk safety.  So INT and Sacks  aren't gonna be high.  He locks down when he is in coverage.  Doesn't miss tackles.   Usually makes tons of plays at the line of scrimmage.   Bottom line is this for all the shortcomings our Defense has if the offense was at least average this team would be 4-2.   short fields and being on the field too much has been this Defenses downfall more than lack of pass rush and lack of CB play.  Adams is young.  Fix the damn OL. 

This offseason its all about this

1 pass rusher

2CB's

1Tackle

1 Guard

1 Center.

Through draft and free agency... make that happen

1 hour ago, Reynolds1029 said:

Jamal Adams is the ONE GUY on our defense who does his job over 95% of the time. You don't see him making plays on passing downs because he's too busy picking up slack for our college level at best CBs. 

We need him to stop guys like Brady when this defense is playing at an NFL level at all positions. Trading him is creating yet another hole on the defense and will be a total morale killer for the whole unit. 

Yes because Jamal is helping morale.  Celebrating those run-stopping tackles down 26-0 in the 3rd really gives this team a boost.  What will this defense do without him?

The "hole" trading Adams creates can be filled with a mid-rounder or cheap FA and won't impact the D much at all.  The pick(s) we get back from Adams can acquire the CB's you yourself state above that we need so much.  

39 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Beside the Chicago DB's, last year most of the players in the top 10 in interceptions were on losing non playoff teams.  

Ps I'm a Yankee fan

Quantify the positive impact Jamal makes then.  Any time someone brings up Jamal's shortcomings using stats, fanboys talk about things like "fire", "passion" and "He does EVERYTHING!"  Surely that should show up in the data, no?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, lounap23 said:

PFF has him rated as top 5 safety this year.  So I don't know how his stats could be pedestrian to you.  He's not a ball hawk safety.  So INT and Sacks  aren't gonna be high.  He locks down when he is in coverage.  Doesn't miss tackles.   Usually makes tons of plays at the line of scrimmage.   Bottom line is this for all the shortcomings our Defense has if the offense was at least average this team would be 4-2.   short fields and being on the field too much has been this Defenses downfall more than lack of pass rush and lack of CB play.  Adams is young.  Fix the damn OL. 

This offseason its all about this

1 pass rusher

2CB's

1Tackle

1 Guard

1 Center.

Through draft and free agency... make that happen

And how can we fix all those important needs this offseason without trading people like Jamal Adams?  Is Joe Douglas secretly a wizard?

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Quantify the positive impact Jamal makes then.  Any time someone brings up Jamal's shortcomings using stats, fanboys talk about things like "fire", "passion" and "He does EVERYTHING!"  Surely that should show up in the data, no?

Intangibles by their very definition are not tangible. Suck an egg nerd

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He does his job 95% of the time. Which pretty much means we're defining his job as being wear a helmet and stand on grass. Which begs the question of what the **** he's doing the other 5% of the time.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And how can we fix all those important needs this offseason without trading people like Jamal Adams?  Is Joe Douglas secretly a wizard?

If he was secretly a wizard we wouldn't know so its hard to say.

#CTM

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

If you can get 1st rounder for any PLAYER on this team you do it and wish them well. The Jets are a long way from even reaching .500 much less the playoffs. That was proven last night.

go back over the last 10 years and tell me how many first round players you would think have done better than Adams in their first few years.   

43 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Ps I'm a Yankee fan

I never said it was the only benchmark. It's far from the only benchmark. I was Just stating facts. And the facts are that the safety we drafted at 6 overall has 5.5 career sacks, and 2 interceptions.

Adams was a luxury pick. And we couldn't afford a luxury pick with holes all over the roster.

So how does he make the jets better?  Serious question. 

If he wasn't on the roster does our team immediately get worse? I don't think so. He doesn't affect the W/L column at all. 

Do you want to pay him 15 Mill a season? I don't. Ill take the draft pick and rebuild the offense.

2 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

go back over the last 10 years and tell me how many first round players you would think have done better than Adams in their first few years.   

Why does that matter?  Nothing you stated in this post had anything to do with what the post you quoted was saying.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Why does that matter?  Nothing you stated in this post had anything to do with what the post you quoted was saying.  

you want to trade adams for a first round pick.  okay.  so now that we have a first round pick - how have we done in that regard?  it's not always been good and most of the time they have been mediocre.  

2017—Jamal Adams, S, LSU

2016—Darron Lee, LB, Ohio St.

2015—Leonard Williams, DE, Southern California

2014—Calvin Pryor, DB, Louisville

2013—Dee Milliner, DB, Alabama

2012—Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina

2011—Muhammad Wilkerson, DT, Temple

2010—Kyle Wilson, DB, Boise St.

2009—Mark Sanchez, QB, Southern California

2008—Vernon Gholston, LB, Ohio St.

2007—Darrelle Revis, DB, Pittsburgh

Just now, batman10023 said:

you want to trade adams for a first round pick.  okay.  so now that we have a first round pick - how have we done in that regard?  it's not always been good and most of the time they have been mediocre.  

2017—Jamal Adams, S, LSU

This is why we've been terrible since 2010. Holy crap

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

2017—Jamal Adams, S, LSU

So because our past GM's have sucked, we should avoid accumulating draft picks for our new GM?

That's a coward's mentality.  The only way to win in this league is via the draft.  You need a constant influx of cheap young talent, especially at premium positions.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, C Mart said:

I heard that too but I don't see it under his likes.  Maybe he liked it and then unliked?!   

Per TMKS this was the tweet that Adams supposedly liked...Per Sam first he's hearing about it. He agrees w/Riddick..Asked about him and Jamal..No issues. 

Louis Riddick @LRiddickESPN

Zero blitzing has been around for 30 years +. Simulated pressure/showing blitz and dropping 7/rushing with 4 has been around for 30+ years! This stuff isn’t new! It’s just a matter of whether or not you have a plan for it and a QB that is equipped to execute against it!

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So because our past GM's have sucked, we should avoid accumulating draft picks for our new GM?

That's a coward's mentality.  The only way to win in this league is via the draft.  You need a constant influx of cheap young talent, especially at premium positions.

i agree the way to win is the draft.

i don't agree that trading a good young player is a good idea.  

i agree that we need to go a better job target premium positions.  

15 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

2017—Jamal Adams, S, LSU

WOW all those players should have helped us win something. 

2 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

i agree the way to win is the draft.

i don't agree that trading a good young player is a good idea.  

i agree that we need to go a better job target premium positions.  

We can't address the latter adequately without doing the former.  There's almost no one else on this sh*t roster that will garner much interest.  Trade Adams and Leo for whatever you can get.  Robby Anderson too.  

I never said it was the only benchmark. It's far from the only benchmark. I was Just stating facts. And the facts are that the safety we drafted at 6 overall has 5.5 career sacks, and 2 interceptions.
Adams was a luxury pick. And we couldn't afford a luxury pick with holes all over the roster.
So how does he make the jets better?  Serious question. 
If he wasn't on the roster does our team immediately get worse? I don't think so. He doesn't affect the W/L column at all. 
Do you want to pay him 15 Mill a season? I don't. Ill take the draft pick and rebuild the offense.

As I stated earlier, he could have way more interceptions and the Jets probably have the same record over the past few years. He doesn’t move the needle either way but he’s still a good player and rates top 5 in the league at safety. For that he can be a very valuable trade asset. Hey if he can bring us a great trade opportunity than so be it. No player is untradable when it comes to making the team better on any team or any sport. He could be the 6th pick, 10th pick or a 3rd rounder. I don’t care care. What is he worth now and can we capitalize on it. If not then we pay him or he walks.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app