Don't. Trade. Adams.

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes because Jamal is helping morale.  Celebrating those run-stopping tackles down 26-0 in the 3rd really gives this team a boost.  What will this defense do without him?

The "hole" trading Adams creates can be filled with a mid-rounder or cheap FA and won't impact the D much at all.  The pick(s) we get back from Adams can acquire the CB's you yourself state above that we need so much.  

If you trade Adams now this defense will literally ruin Sam's career. We won't be able to stop anything even against the scrub teams coming up. You can't put Sam in a worse position than he already is. He already has to carry a trash offense. Now you want to require him to put up 30+ points a game to win? 

We have the whole defense being carried by this guy. The d line isn't pushing the pocket at all because they're all fat and slow. Our LBs aren't very good outside of 3 quarters of CJ Mosley week 1. Only Jamal can get to the QB before the QB finds the wide open receivers because we have no CBs. 

Football is a mental game and a game of emotion. You shouldn't be so willing to take away our best leader and best captain on defense for a couple picks. You bring the whole team down taking away energy like that. He's not going to garner Jalen Ramsey type compensation and that's what we would need for this to make any sense. 

Under no circumstances can this be done before the end of the season because there is still 10 more games left to play and I feel we can all agree we still want our FQB in tact at the end of the season. 

You're also assuming there will be a good FA or mid round safety to replace him after the year. The FA will be expensive and you don't know how a guy will play in a new environment and system and enough cash to set him for life. Look at Trumaine... On top of that mid round picks are total crap shoots for any team. 

The only trade that needs to happen is Leo because we have enough slow fat guys on the D line.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Reynolds1029 said:

If you trade Adams now this defense will literally ruin Sam's career. We won't be able to stop anything even against the scrub teams coming up.

We can't stop anything WITH Jamal.  What are you even talking about?  Are you basing this off the Dallas game where the Cowboys were missing 2 key OL and their top 2 WR's?

And as for "ruining Sam's career", that's what the O-Line has been partly doing.  The same OL we need to improve with draft picks.  Draft picks we can get from trades.  Get it now?

• Upvote 2

how the market values a Pro Bowl alternate safety..

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27904186/lions-trade-starting-safety-quandre-diggs-seahawks

The Detroit Lions traded starting safety Quandre Diggs and a 2021 seventh-round pick to the Seattle Seahawks for a 2020 fifth-round pick on Tuesday.

a Pro Bowl alternate last year after a 78-tackle, three-interception season with eight passes defended

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DjHoldyHold said:

I understand Jamal Adams is a box safety, which is by no means a premier position, but he brings so much more to the team than just tackles. He brings fire. When's the last time our fanbase had someone like Adams to rally around and support. Someone who stays on the field hours late to sign autographs and give away free Jordan merch. More importantly, he is a positive lockeroom voice, a pure leader. On the pregame radio show last night, Q Williams addressed the leaders of the team as whole. He must have said Jamal's name 7 times. That goes to show how much of an impact he is having on our young guys. Besides, if we did trade him, we'd have to hit on those picks, which is unlikely. 

I agree. He's really a great talent and the best on the team as well as an ambassador convincing other good free agents to sign with the Jets.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Not true.  I'm not advocating trading CJ Mosley, Marcus Maye, Jamison Crowder or Jordan Jenkins and I'm reluctant to deal Le'Veon.  
It's all about opportunity cost.  

I would trade Bell for a #1 in a heart beat. We don’t have a line for him to run. Montgomery and Powell can fill in to we shore up the line and then get a cheaper RB.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

how the market values a Pro Bowl alternate safety..

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27904186/lions-trade-starting-safety-quandre-diggs-seahawks

The Detroit Lions traded starting safety Quandre Diggs and a 2021 seventh-round pick to the Seattle Seahawks for a 2020 fifth-round pick on Tuesday.

a Pro Bowl alternate last year after a 78-tackle, three-interception season with eight passes defended

Presmal is better tho, he told me so himself.

2 hours ago, Pac said:

Usual suspects saying their usual things...  As if the Jets plan on trading one of their best players hoping to draft someone half as good..  sigh...

Half as good. We could find one like him in the 3rd round. We won the Superbowl with Jamal the past 3 years. Good riddance at making higreater than he is. How many games has he lead the jets to tge playoffs? We suck with him. We will suck less without him.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

I would trade Bell for a #1 in a heart beat. We don’t have a line for him to run. Montgomery and Powell can fill in to we shore up the line and then get a cheaper RB.

Why is everyone so hot to trade Bell and Crowder... Beyond the fact you cannot since the Jets don't even have enough cap space to trade them... There is no basis in any sort of reality to trade your top 2 weapons on offense when they don't have one... 

The cap hit that the Jets would endure trading any of the players signed to multiple year deals would be catastrophic to the cap this year and next... Let's at least keep it in the realm of possibility 

• Upvote 1

Half as good. We could find one like him in the 3rd round. We won the Superbowl with Jamal the past 3 years. Good riddance at making higreater than he is. How many games has he lead the jets to tge playoffs? We suck with him. We will suck less without him.

We suck with him. - agree

Suck less without him - you revealed yourself as not being too smart.

• Post of the Week 1

Why is everyone so hot to trade Bell and Crowder... Beyond the fact you cannot since the Jets don't even have enough cap space to trade them... There is no basis in any sort of reality to trade your top 2 weapons on offense when they don't have one... 

The cap hit that the Jets would endure trading any of the players signed to multiple year deals would be catastrophic to the cap this year and next... Let's at least keep it in the realm of possibility 

If we are trading assets because we need to stock up on picks then Bell may fetch the highest pick. The guys a stud but the line won’t allow him to cause much damage for us. If we can’t because of cap reasons then don’t do it

1 minute ago, prime21 said:

If we are trading assets because we need to stock up on picks then Bell may fetch the highest pick. The guys a stud but the line won’t allow him to cause much damage for us. If we can’t because of cap reasons then don’t do it

They can't it will cost the jets like 30 million in cap space... So there's that

Trade anyone you have to until the Oline looks like an actual NFL Oline. Only the dumbass Jets would trade up to get Darnold just to have him play behind a line full of future XFL 57th rounders. Write Brandon Scherff a blank check, trade Jamal for a 1st and whatever else. Draft Jeudy (If we’re drafting high enough to get him)  and a LT/C in the first and then wrap back and get the latter OL position in the 2nd. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, EdReed22 said:

• The Falcons suck with Julio Jones
  • The Giants suck with Saquon Barkley
  • The Broncos suck with Von Miller
  • The Chargers suck with Melvin Gordon
  • The Redskins suck with Josh Norman
  • The Lions suck with Darius Slay
  • The Bucs suck with Mike Evans
  • The Bengals suck with Joe Mixon
  • The Steelers suck with JuJu
  • The Browns suck with Garrett, Baker, Odell, Chubb, Jarvis etc etc

This completely idiotic talking point that keeps getting espoused is one of the more annoying things about this year.. 

You don't trade your best players for anything less than a kings ransom.  You keep them so when the rest of the team improves you can go from decent to very good.

You can't find one like em in der turd round either..  that is almost as impossibly stupid as the idea of trading him for a 2nd rounder.

• Sympathy 2

does it matter?

like one or two moves will matter?

this franchise traded for favre and cut Pennington and Pennington won the division lol

It’s just a curse or whatever 

doesn’t matter who the owner is, GM, coach, it’s always the same sh*t

44 minutes ago, Larz said:

this franchise traded for favre and cut Pennington and Pennington won the division lol

And then looked as bad in the playoffs and Sam did last night, which lead directly to us hiring Rex 

Jamal isn't worthy of a huge deal. Good teams don't pay top money for a linebacker playing strong safety. Look at the bears safety or the Titans. They were drafted after pres mo and lead their teams to the playoffs and most importantly have had more interceptions in a game than our glorified hall of fame self announced big mouth safety name Jamal my mouth never shuts up Adams. He is all about his brand. He needs to stfu, stop dancing after you make a tackle moron. Its you effing job to tackle. Only talk when your team makes the playoffs. The jets suck with him. Trading his ass is a positive. Besides his fan club most jets fans are annoyed with his big mouth. Make game changing plays. I'd rather have marcus Peters than Jamal. Marcus Peters is a playmaker.

3 hours ago, Pac said:
  • The Falcons suck with Julio Jones
  • The Giants suck with Saquon Barkley
  • The Broncos suck with Von Miller
  • The Chargers suck with Melvin Gordon
  • The Redskins suck with Josh Norman
  • The Lions suck with Darius Slay
  • The Bucs suck with Mike Evans
  • The Bengals suck with Joe Mixon
  • The Steelers suck with JuJu
  • The Browns suck with Garrett, Baker, Odell, Chubb, Jarvis etc etc

This completely idiotic talking point that keeps getting espoused is one of the more annoying things about this year.. 

You don't trade your best players for anything less than a kings ransom.  You keep them so when the rest of the team improves you can go from decent to very good.

You can't find one like em in der turd round either..  that is almost as impossibly stupid as the idea of trading him for a 2nd rounder.

Box safety big mouth wants a big deal at the end. He will be another trumaine Johnson. You can't be successful as a team with a box safety as your highest if not one of the highest pkayers. The players you listed all made more plays in one game than Jamal big mouth has his entire nfl career. Stop with the comparisons. Your top players need to be playmakers. Jamal is a line backer playing safety.

The Titans bears look at the leading play makers at safety . they all were drafted lower than Jamal. For a top safety. He has to be a ballhawk if not a person who forces fumbles. This great safety gets outrun by Alex effing Smith. We deserve to suck. This fan base supports loud mouths like Jamal. Stfu Jamal lead your team to the playoffs then talk. Make more than a play a season. I mean interceptions for game winning touchdowns. Fumble recoveries returned for tds

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Someone I trust who sits in my section and knows a close family member told me that Jamal Adams is already gone and has no intention of resigning with the Jets when the time comes.  He's from Texas and intends to be a Cowboy.

SAR I

Good let’s trade him, Douglas is about to burn it down after the Jacksonville game. Next Tuesday is going to be interesting.

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

Someone I trust who sits in my section and knows a close family member told me that Jamal Adams is already gone and has no intention of resigning with the Jets when the time comes.  He's from Texas and intends to be a Cowboy.

SAR I

I wouldn't fought it. My friend got blocked by him on Twitter after he told Jamal how it feels to brag how good you are when you get out run by Alex Smith. He's such a sensative player who gets his feelings hurt. He brags, shows this tough guy bravado but can't make a stop when the jets team needs a stop from offenses throwing it up and down the field. Real leaders make plays when the team needs him.  People will say oh he is making tackles because such and such player sucks. If a player is great they make others better around them. I haven't seen any players on this defense become game wreckers only paycheck collectors, and dancers after making a tackle.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, prime21 said:

So much double talking by many people it’s borderline pathetic. He sucks, overrated, he’s not a leader, he does nothing to make the team better.......”let’s trade him because we can get a good return”

I’d love to trade a few of you to a Miami forum.

What are you his family member???? He's a loudmouth, self proclaimed great player. Who hasn't helped the jets win. We sucked before he was on our team and suck with him. I'd release his ass if I was in charge of this team. I can't stand him at all. He tackles and hits hard when the games out ofvreach. He dances like a moron . He loves the camera. Makes himself bigger and greater than he is. He is not humble like Curtis Mart Berry Sanders etc. Trade him . He doesn't get pick 6s create fumble recoveries considering how close he is to the LOS . but to his fan boys please don't trade him. How will we survive with his stat padding. Him leading us to the playoffs and Superbowl. The great Jamal.

• Upvote 1

iJamal.if Jamal is so great how come we haven't seen any game winning plays minus that one play against Dallas ??? How many games has he lead the jets to playoffs or game winning plays??? What's our record with him as a starter??? Why you guys make him to be so great.hes a good player not great. Great players are franchise players who make game breaking plays.causing fears in opposing coaches. Ruining game plans.jamal isn't that. It's ok give him 20 percent of our salary cap. He's a hall of famer. Jamal is all talk, he should be on dancing with the stars. 

7 minutes ago, EdReed22 said:

What are you his family member???? He's a loudmouth, self proclaimed great player. Who hasn't helped the jets win. We sucked before he was on our team and suck with him. I'd release his ass if I was in charge of this team. I can't stand him at all. He tackles and hits hard when the games out ofvreach. He dances like a moron . He loves the camera. Makes himself bigger and greater than he is. He is not humble like Curtis Mart Berry Sanders etc. Trade him . He doesn't get pick 6s create fumble recoveries considering how close he is to the LOS . but to his fan boys please don't trade him. How will we survive with his stat padding. Him leading us to the playoffs and Superbowl. The great Jamal.

Self proclaimed however, voted by coaches, players and fans to the pro bowl.  Voted by his teammates as the team MVP (someone has to win it)  Ranks in the top tier of safeties by an article you come across.   So I would value their opinions and analysis way more than yours.

He will  not lead us to a super bowl.  No one player can do that without having a great team around them.  

You sir, sound as pompous as you make him seem with your comments and analysis,.  Almost kiddish IMO.  Maybe your new around here and want to be noticed.  You are but for the wrong reasons.