Darnold post game presser

Yes, but it's the same old thing ... "We've got to get better. We've got to stop making mistakes." I think Sam is a nice kid, and he may even turn out to be a decent QB one day, but he ain't the guy who's gonna lead us to the promised land. It just isn't gonna happen with him because he doesn't have the innate talent or smarts for it. That was obvious in his college days, and is even more pronounced here.

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Link

Honestly,  he sounded as clueless as Gase. At least he took accountability 

Eh, he's a kid... after what is the worst game of his life... what do you think he is going to say.... Come in with some major epiphany? That he has the solution? The media here is going to be relentless with him. I am curious to see how he bounces back from this... I think that will show more then this game does.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Icer said:

What do you want him to say? He played bad, had an awful night and that's that. Harping on how bad he played isn't going to help them next week. 

I was hoping he was going to be angry about this. I know Sam is a nice guy but I think he might lack killer instinct. It's  one thing to be competitive,  but keep instinct is something I feel all great players have. Adams  has killer instinct. 

47 minutes ago, Joe Willie said:

Yes, but it's the same old thing ... "We've got to get better. We've got to stop making mistakes." I think Sam is a nice kid, and he may even turn out to be a decent QB one day, but he ain't the guy who's gonna lead us to the promised land. It just isn't gonna happen with him because he doesn't have the innate talent or smarts for it. That was obvious in his college days, and is even more pronounced here.

You gather that from a press conference?

53 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I think the only one that gets it is Adams. You can see from his interview he felt thos was not acceptable and needs to stop. Sam was like, I have to look at tape.

I'm starting to worry about him now.

Adams gets it insofar as he knows people like you will eat sh*t the rest of your life as long as someone in green tells you it’s actually steak. He’s given this same losing is unacceptable answer 28 times now, and he’ll be well into the 30s by the time this season’s over, so you can keep the killer instinct stuff.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ChuckkieB said:

The kid owned his horrible performance.  What more do you want him to say?  He's 22 and has 100 microphones shoved in his face minutes after an embarrassing and brutal loss.  I think he handled himself just fine.  

as I've said. seems like a standup type young man.

i am concerned at the pussy side of him that showed last night. 

but yeah, jet Nation wants

flagellation1.jpg

1 hour ago, Joe Willie said:

But just last week everyone was convinced he’s our Franchise QB? Which one is it? 

and before you answer...no one knows what Darnold is yet, and let’s stop pretending we have a definitive answer after every game 

37 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Adams gets it insofar as he knows people like you will eat sh*t the rest of your life as long as someone in green tells you it’s actually steak. He’s given this same losing is unacceptable answer 28 times now, and he’ll be well into the 30s by the time this season’s over, so you can keep the killer instinct stuff.

In sorry, did you just tell me to eat ? for writing my opinion on a message board?

1 hour ago, carlito1171 said:

But just last week everyone was convinced he’s our Franchise QB? Which one is it? 

and before you answer...no one knows what Darnold is yet, and let’s stop pretending we have a definitive answer after every game 

I have been in the minority who has steadfastly refused to annoint him our savior. I still don't think he is, and last night didn't help his cause, at least with me.

2 hours ago, Joe Willie said:

baloney

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

You gather that from a press conference?

Not just from a press conference, at which, he repeated almost verbatim, the things I predicted he would say. Look, he wasn't all that in college, and he keeps making the same mistakes here. I just don't think he's got what it takes, from a raw talent perspective, to be the kind of QB that most everyone expects him to be in this environment.

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Its over. Every Defensive Coordinator in the league is going to use the Pats game plan. 

Im going to start looking up all time low stats for the Jets. I think the 2019 Jets are going to break records.

Again, if every DC can watch one tape and construct a flawless game plan the way Belicheck could - every game every week would result in a shutout. Its a good thing the NFL is reality and Coaches and teams react and adapt game to game . The chicken littles are running amuck in Jets land today. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Again, if every DC can watch one tape and construct a flawless game plan the way Belicheck could - every game every week would result in a shutout. Its a good thing the NFL is reality and Coaches and teams react and adapt game to game . The chicken littles are running amuck in Jets land today. 

Well Mehl, last I looked we was 1-4.

Our QB was 11/32 with 4 picks. This isn’t chicken little it’s real life. 

22B5B56D-1705-4111-8456-521389C43D76.gif

8F03FF8A-410D-4474-B78E-D888CA45577B.png

3 hours ago, Joe Willie said:

Stop watching then, ****

21 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Negativity plus talking out of your ass is despicable

Once you start pressing it's over. Your trying to make something happen instead of letting the game come to you. Its like being on tilt in poker because of a bad beat. You just went all in with AA and lost to some moron who called you with a 2-3 offsuit. Your now on tilt trying to make up that money you just lost. You will lose more. Long TD drive for the Pats to open the game - Darnold wants to make something happen. He's got to learn! And for Petes sake step forward into the pocket when u pass and take a hit like a man if you have to instead of passing doing backwards. I think he has a bit of a fear of getting hit when he passes so he doesn't step into his passes. Now with this O Line I get it - but bad habits hard to kick.