Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
More Cowbell

Darnold post game presser

Recommended Posts

Well that made everything alright...

Think I need a dealer on speed dial for Sunday..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, but it's the same old thing ... "We've got to get better. We've got to stop making mistakes." I think Sam is a nice kid, and he may even turn out to be a decent QB one day, but he ain't the guy who's gonna lead us to the promised land. It just isn't gonna happen with him because he doesn't have the innate talent or smarts for it. That was obvious in his college days, and is even more pronounced here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Link

Honestly,  he sounded as clueless as Gase. At least he took accountability 

Eh, he's a kid... after what is the worst game of his life... what do you think he is going to say.... Come in with some major epiphany? That he has the solution? The media here is going to be relentless with him. I am curious to see how he bounces back from this... I think that will show more then this game does.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the only one that gets it is Adams. You can see from his interview he felt thos was not acceptable and needs to stop. Sam was like, I have to look at tape.

I'm starting to worry about him now.

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you want him to say? He played bad, had an awful night and that's that. Harping on how bad he played isn't going to help them next week. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Icer said:

What do you want him to say? He played bad, had an awful night and that's that. Harping on how bad he played isn't going to help them next week. 

We should sit him until we have a valid O-line.. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The kid owned his horrible performance.  What more do you want him to say?  He's 22 and has 100 microphones shoved in his face minutes after an embarrassing and brutal loss.  I think he handled himself just fine.  

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Icer said:

What do you want him to say? He played bad, had an awful night and that's that. Harping on how bad he played isn't going to help them next week. 

I was hoping he was going to be angry about this. I know Sam is a nice guy but I think he might lack killer instinct. It's  one thing to be competitive,  but keep instinct is something I feel all great players have. Adams  has killer instinct. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its over. Every Defensive Coordinator in the league is going to use the Pats game plan. 

Im going to start looking up all time low stats for the Jets. I think the 2019 Jets are going to break records.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Joe Willie said:

Yes, but it's the same old thing ... "We've got to get better. We've got to stop making mistakes." I think Sam is a nice kid, and he may even turn out to be a decent QB one day, but he ain't the guy who's gonna lead us to the promised land. It just isn't gonna happen with him because he doesn't have the innate talent or smarts for it. That was obvious in his college days, and is even more pronounced here.

You gather that from a press conference?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The amount of fans, whether it be Jets fans or otherwise, across all sports, that get lathered up over coach speak is truly one if the most confusing things out there.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I think the only one that gets it is Adams. You can see from his interview he felt thos was not acceptable and needs to stop. Sam was like, I have to look at tape.

I'm starting to worry about him now.

Adams gets it insofar as he knows people like you will eat sh*t the rest of your life as long as someone in green tells you it’s actually steak. He’s given this same losing is unacceptable answer 28 times now, and he’ll be well into the 30s by the time this season’s over, so you can keep the killer instinct stuff.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChuckkieB said:

The kid owned his horrible performance.  What more do you want him to say?  He's 22 and has 100 microphones shoved in his face minutes after an embarrassing and brutal loss.  I think he handled himself just fine.  

as I've said. seems like a standup type young man.

i am concerned at the pussy side of him that showed last night. 

but yeah, jet Nation wants

flagellation1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe Willie said:

Yes, but it's the same old thing ... "We've got to get better. We've got to stop making mistakes." I think Sam is a nice kid, and he may even turn out to be a decent QB one day, but he ain't the guy who's gonna lead us to the promised land. It just isn't gonna happen with him because he doesn't have the innate talent or smarts for it. That was obvious in his college days, and is even more pronounced here.

But just last week everyone was convinced he’s our Franchise QB? Which one is it? 
 

and before you answer...no one knows what Darnold is yet, and let’s stop pretending we have a definitive answer after every game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Adams gets it insofar as he knows people like you will eat sh*t the rest of your life as long as someone in green tells you it’s actually steak. He’s given this same losing is unacceptable answer 28 times now, and he’ll be well into the 30s by the time this season’s over, so you can keep the killer instinct stuff.

In sorry, did you just tell me to eat 💩 for writing my opinion on a message board?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, carlito1171 said:

But just last week everyone was convinced he’s our Franchise QB? Which one is it? 
 

and before you answer...no one knows what Darnold is yet, and let’s stop pretending we have a definitive answer after every game 

I have been in the minority who has steadfastly refused to annoint him our savior. I still don't think he is, and last night didn't help his cause, at least with me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Joe Willie said:

Yes, but it's the same old thing ... "We've got to get better. We've got to stop making mistakes." I think Sam is a nice kid, and he may even turn out to be a decent QB one day, but he ain't the guy who's gonna lead us to the promised land. It just isn't gonna happen with him because he doesn't have the innate talent or smarts for it. That was obvious in his college days, and is even more pronounced here.

baloney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

You gather that from a press conference?

Not just from a press conference, at which, he repeated almost verbatim, the things I predicted he would say. Look, he wasn't all that in college, and he keeps making the same mistakes here. I just don't think he's got what it takes, from a raw talent perspective, to be the kind of QB that most everyone expects him to be in this environment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Its over. Every Defensive Coordinator in the league is going to use the Pats game plan. 

Im going to start looking up all time low stats for the Jets. I think the 2019 Jets are going to break records.

Again, if every DC can watch one tape and construct a flawless game plan the way Belicheck could - every game every week would result in a shutout. Its a good thing the NFL is reality and Coaches and teams react and adapt game to game . The chicken littles are running amuck in Jets land today. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Again, if every DC can watch one tape and construct a flawless game plan the way Belicheck could - every game every week would result in a shutout. Its a good thing the NFL is reality and Coaches and teams react and adapt game to game . The chicken littles are running amuck in Jets land today. 

Well Mehl, last I looked we was 1-4.

Our QB was 11/32 with 4 picks. This isn’t chicken little it’s real life. 

22B5B56D-1705-4111-8456-521389C43D76.gif

8F03FF8A-410D-4474-B78E-D888CA45577B.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Well Mehl, last I looked we was 1-4.

Our QB was 11/32 with 4 picks. This isn’t chicken little it’s real life. 

22B5B56D-1705-4111-8456-521389C43D76.gif

8F03FF8A-410D-4474-B78E-D888CA45577B.png

Don't go off the ledge but we're 1-5 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Joe Willie said:

Yes, but it's the same old thing ... "We've got to get better. We've got to stop making mistakes." I think Sam is a nice kid, and he may even turn out to be a decent QB one day, but he ain't the guy who's gonna lead us to the promised land. It just isn't gonna happen with him because he doesn't have the innate talent or smarts for it. That was obvious in his college days, and is even more pronounced here.

Stop watching then, ****

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Again, if every DC can watch one tape and construct a flawless game plan the way Belicheck could - every game every week would result in a shutout. Its a good thing the NFL is reality and Coaches and teams react and adapt game to game . The chicken littles are running amuck in Jets land today. 

Negativity plus talking out of your ass is despicable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

Stop watching then, ****

Don't you tell me to stop watching! I've been watching the Jets for 51 years ... what I forgot about them you'll never know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Joe Willie said:

Don't you tell me to stop watching! I've been watching the Jets for 51 years ... what I forgot about them you'll never know.

Alot of useful stuff, I bet.

38 years for me. What happened in those thirteen? What did I miss? You can PM me the details.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Don't go off the ledge but we're 1-5 

Oh yeah, the soon to be 1-6 Jets Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once you start pressing it's over. Your trying to make something happen instead of letting the game come to you. Its like being on tilt in poker because of a bad beat. You just went all in with AA and lost to some moron who called you with a 2-3 offsuit. Your now on tilt trying to make up that money you just lost. You will lose more. Long TD drive for the Pats to open the game - Darnold wants to make something happen. He's got to learn! And for Petes sake step forward into the pocket when u pass and take a hit like a man if you have to instead of passing doing backwards. I think he has a bit of a fear of getting hit when he passes so he doesn't step into his passes. Now with this O Line I get it - but bad habits hard to kick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

They're winning that game.

Funny that’s just what Jacksonville is thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...