jeTMAC

New England has ruined the NFL single-handedly

18 hours ago, Tiffany980 said:

Cassell was never drafted to replace Brady. Nor was Malletthead. Not even Brissett. Only Jimmy G and Stidham were. 

Disagree about Mallett.  He was hyped up coming out of college and that was around 2012 Brady was pretty old by then

I remember Patsfantx gloating about Mallett like he was the next Dan Marino

1 hour ago, jgb said:

A major secret to their success is that Bill Belichick is utterly ruthless when it comes to personnel decision making. He would cut his own mother if he sensed her cooking skills were beginning to decline.

This is it in a nutshell. While the Jets are resigning guys Mo Wilk, Winters, Quincy (broken neck) Enunwa, and free agents like Trumaine Johnson, Belichick is letting his starting LT on a Super Bowl team walk because the salary won't equal the production. This guy has traded Bledsoe within the division, traded Seymour, and picks up under the radar guys like Van Noy, Burkhead, White, that fit his system. He let Revis walk & picked up Gilmore who's top 3 in the league right now at CB. He forgotten more football than Tannenbaum, Idzik, Macc & now Joe Douglas have ever known. So far Douglas has screwed up the kicker choice B4 the season started, brought in 8 million dollar Kalil who's been a disaster & traded WITH BB for Thomas who's over the hill & has bad hands & wont be here next year. So, here we go again with a GM wasting draft picks & strengthening the bully in the division. This guy JD better have the best offseason & draft I've ever seen here to give me some confidence he isn't just another idiot collecting checks  from the Johnsons. It's not hyperbole that a smart poster here could have put together a better roster & drafts the last 8 years.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetster said:

This is it in a nutshell. While the Jets are resigning guys Mo Wilk, Winters, Quincy (broken neck) Enunwa, and free agents like Trumaine Johnson, Belichick is letting his starting LT on a Super Bowl team walk because the salary won't equal the production. This guy has traded Bledsoe within the division, traded Seymour, and picks up under the radar guys like Van Noy, Burkhead, White, that fit his system. He let Revis walk & picked up Gilmore who's top 3 in the league right now at CB. He forgotten more football than Tannenbaum, Idzik, Macc & now Joe Douglas have ever known. So far Douglas has screwed up the kicker choice B4 the season started, brought in 8 million dollar Kalil who's been a disaster & traded WITH BB for Thomas who's over the hill & has bad hands & wont be here next year. So, here we go again with a GM wasting draft picks & strengthening the bully in the division. This guy JD better have the best offseason & draft I've ever seen here to give me some confidence he isn't just another idiot collecting checks  from the Johnsons. It's not hyperbole that a smart poster here could have put together a better roster & drafts the last 8 years.

When you have the best QB ever taking money on the side through the Caymans it’s easy to say bye to supporting players

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

When you have the best QB ever taking money on the side through the Caymans it’s easy to say bye to supporting players

Yes but the fact that Pats "lucked" into Brady doesn't invalidate every other smart move Belichick has made and the fact that he is still the king of the defensive gameplan.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yes but the fact that Pats "lucked" into Brady doesn't invalidate every other smart move Belichick has made and the fact that he is still the king of the defensive gameplan.

Look at what Belichick is facing in this division. It's the easiest cakewalk Belichick has ever faced.

Jets- Young QB, new coach, injuries everywhere, horrible thin roster.

Dolphins- Literally tanking & proud of it.

Bills- Young inaccurate QB/RB, with a great defense that gave them their toughest game & might won if QB didn't get taken out with a cheap shot. 

Outside of Buffalo, they've had the easiest schedule EVER to start this season. 

56 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Look at what Belichick is facing in this division. It's the easiest cakewalk Belichick has ever faced.

Jets- Young QB, new coach, injuries everywhere, horrible thin roster.

Dolphins- Literally tanking & proud of it.

Bills- Young inaccurate QB/RB, with a great defense that gave them their toughest game & might won if QB didn't get taken out with a cheap shot. 

Outside of Buffalo, they've had the easiest schedule EVER to start this season. 

He has won 6 SBs. You have to do a lot more than beat-up on your division to accomplish that. Agree this is the easiest schedule he has ever faced but what exactly can he do to prove he is good? Win more games than he plays? 

The issue I have with arguments such as yours is they are conclusory: he's been in an easy division so therefore he can't be the best ever.

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

He has won 6 SBs. You have to do a lot more than beat-up on your division to accomplish that. Agree this is the easiest schedule he has ever faced but what exactly can he do to prove he is good? Win more games than he plays? 

The issue I have with arguments such as yours is they are conclusory: he's been in an easy division so therefore he can't be the best ever.

Actually because of this division being a cakewalk for pretty much 20 years the Pats get home field for almost every playoff game. 

They lose that game in KC last year without that ridiculous roughing call on Brady with the guy brushing his face mask. 

The Jets & Ravens are the only teams in 20 years to beat them at Gillette in the playoffs. They're great at Gillette & that's AGAIN where everyone gets to play them this year. The Saints got robbed & definitely would have tested the Patriots, Gurley was injured, Kopp was out, all the Pats had to do was stop two midgets in Cooks & Woods.

50 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Actually because of this division being a cakewalk for pretty much 20 years the Pats get home field for almost every playoff game. 

They lose that game in KC last year without that ridiculous roughing call on Brady with the guy brushing his face mask. 

The Jets & Ravens are the only teams in 20 years to beat them at Gillette in the playoffs. They're great at Gillette & that's AGAIN where everyone gets to play them this year. The Saints got robbed & definitely would have tested the Patriots, Gurley was injured, Kopp was out, all the Pats had to do was stop two midgets in Cooks & Woods.

Six Super Bowls victories. Six. Over 20 years of course you can point to some bad games by Patriots. Consider that since 2001:

-Belichick's win percentage against AFC East is 78.2%.

-Against teams outside of the AFC-E? 75.3%.

-They've won 63.2% of games against eventual division winners: the only team above .500 in this category.

-And, perhaps most impressive, they've won 62.5% of games against teams that finished with a winning record. The 2nd best team in this category? 44%

If Belichick hasn't proved his greatness to you by now, nothing he can do will ever convince you.

+++++++++++++++++

These stats show the Patriots' dominance over teams outside the AFC East

Potential knocks against the Patriots' dynasty are fleeting fast. If you thought the Patriots' regular season dominance had to do with a consistently weak AFC East, think again. 

Field Yates did his best "MythBusters" impression when he tweeted out a series of Patriots win-loss records against their division and the NFL's best since 2001. 

While the Patriots' 86-24 record against the AFC East is staggering, their winning percentage (134-44, .753) against everyone else is the best in the NFL, while they have 25 more non-division victories than any other team. 

New England's record against eventual division winners (24-14) makes them the only team in the NFL with a winning record in this category. Against teams who eventually made the playoffs in a given season, the Patriots (60-33, .645) are the best in the league, with the Steelers at a not-so-close second with a .480 winning percentage. 

Their success against teams who finished with a winning record (75-45, .625) is also an NFL-best mark, with the Steelers trailing by a considerable margin at a .440 winning percentage. 

It's settled then. The Patriots don't just take care of business against the AFC East, but no team is even close to their level of success against teams outside their division. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/these-stats-show-patriots-dominance-over-teams-outside-afc-east

The Patriots deserve a lot of credit for where they are.  Take away the cheating and they are still great. 

Lets see the Johnsons get out of their own way and create an organization close to what the Patriots are. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Bingo.

It's all about Brady.  The guy is a surgeon, I've never seen anything like it.

him willing to take less money is just the icing on the cake.

You people giving praise to the cheating Patriots disgust me. Go delete your accounts.

And that’s right. I said “You people”.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Disagree about Mallett.  He was hyped up coming out of college and that was around 2012 Brady was pretty old by then

I remember Patsfantx gloating about Mallett like he was the next Dan Marino

Mallett was touted as having a big arm, but a 10 cent head. Right on both counts! Didn't he say something idiotic while on the Texans and get suspended or released?

4 hours ago, jgb said:

Six Super Bowls victories. Six. Over 20 years of course you can point to some bad games by Patriots. Consider that since 2001:

-Belichick's win percentage against AFC East is 78.2%.

-Against teams outside of the AFC-E? 75.3%.

-They've won 63.2% of games against eventual division winners: the only team above .500 in this category.

-And, perhaps most impressive, they've won 62.5% of games against teams that finished with a winning record. The 2nd best team in this category? 44%

If Belichick hasn't proved his greatness to you by now, nothing he can do will ever convince you.

+++++++++++++++++

These stats show the Patriots' dominance over teams outside the AFC East

Potential knocks against the Patriots' dynasty are fleeting fast. If you thought the Patriots' regular season dominance had to do with a consistently weak AFC East, think again. 

Field Yates did his best "MythBusters" impression when he tweeted out a series of Patriots win-loss records against their division and the NFL's best since 2001. 

While the Patriots' 86-24 record against the AFC East is staggering, their winning percentage (134-44, .753) against everyone else is the best in the NFL, while they have 25 more non-division victories than any other team. 

New England's record against eventual division winners (24-14) makes them the only team in the NFL with a winning record in this category. Against teams who eventually made the playoffs in a given season, the Patriots (60-33, .645) are the best in the league, with the Steelers at a not-so-close second with a .480 winning percentage. 

Their success against teams who finished with a winning record (75-45, .625) is also an NFL-best mark, with the Steelers trailing by a considerable margin at a .440 winning percentage. 

It's settled then. The Patriots don't just take care of business against the AFC East, but no team is even close to their level of success against teams outside their division. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/these-stats-show-patriots-dominance-over-teams-outside-afc-east

He has the best, smartest & most dedicated (work & healthwise) QB in the entire NFL & Belichick and Kraft have had him for a DISCOUNTED PRICE for TWENTY YEARS! When Brady gets pissed people listen or they get traded or cut. 

Belichick is a VERY GOOD coach. I really want to see him without Tom Brady for 5 years before I call him the greatest ever. Belichick isn't finding the open guy after deftly maneuvering in the pocket with seconds left in the game. 

10 minutes ago, Jetster said:

He has the best, smartest & most dedicated (work & healthwise) QB in the entire NFL & Belichick and Kraft have had him for a DISCOUNTED PRICE for TWENTY YEARS! When Brady gets pissed people listen or they get traded or cut. 

Belichick is a VERY GOOD coach. I really want to see him without Tom Brady for 5 years before I call him the greatest ever. Belichick isn't finding the open guy after deftly maneuvering in the pocket with seconds left in the game. 

Wyatt Earp wasn't a good gunfighter. He just had the best gun.

Can't fault a man for being in (or in Belichick's case -- CREATING) the situation he is in. I ask again: if he isn't the best ever, what would the best ever have achieved in the last 20 years? multiple undefeated seasons? 8 rings? 10? 15? Come on.

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

Any great coordinator on defense with those players would have demolished Sam & that offense Monday Night. Jets got lucky against Dallas, Jets were overlooked & got out to a big lead. 

Rex & the 2009/2010 Jets would kill this Jets team with a young QB behind that sh*t oline! Hell, I think David Carr had a better Oline in Houston than this tragedy Darnolds playing behind & the lack of weapons at WR. 

Atlanta can't win a game but Matt Ryan is throwing to Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley, Justin Hardy & had Sanu before the Pats traded for him. Plus his TE is playing (Hooper). But he can't win because his Oline is horrible. 

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Any great coordinator on defense with those players would have demolished Sam & that offense Monday Night. Jets got lucky against Dallas, Jets were overlooked & got out to a big lead. 

Rex & the 2009/2010 Jets would kill this Jets team with a young QB behind that sh*t oline! Hell, I think David Carr had a better Oline in Houston than this tragedy Darnolds playing behind & the lack of weapons at WR. 

Atlanta can't win a game but Matt Ryan is throwing to Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley, Justin Hardy & had Sanu before the Pats traded for him. Plus his TE is playing (Hooper). 

You're looking at one game. One. Belichick has delivered unparalleled greatness for 20 years--320 games not including post-seasons. You are better than this. Come on.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

You're looking at one game. One. Belichick has delivered unparalleled greatness for 20 years--320 games not including post-seasons. You are better than this. Come on.

I think your over thinking this & this run of teams the Pats are eating up are JUST GOD AWFUL! Fans have stopped watching the league because it sucks! Too many really sh*tty teams, so tell me this, why was the Bills game so close? Hell, if Josh Allen doesn't get cold cocked illegally Bills had a chance to win that game. Was it because the Pats were overlooking a team tied with them atop the division? They still have 9 games plus 2 playoffs & the Superbowl to go, come back to me then.

12 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I think your over thinking this & this run of teams the Pats are eating up are JUST GOD AWFUL! Fans have stopped watching the league because it sucks! Too many really sh*tty teams, so tell me this, why was the Bills game so close? Hell, if Josh Allen doesn't get cold cocked illegally Bills had a chance to win that game. Was it because the Pats were overlooking a team tied with them atop the division? They still have 9 games plus 2 playoffs & the Superbowl to go, come back to me then.

Again you're trying to shrink the discussion down to one or two cherry picked examples. Belichick has achieved what no one else has before. Not Walsh with Joe Montana. Not Lombardi with Starr. Not anybody with anybody. And he has done it during free agency in a 32-team league.

There have been 2 dynasties since NFL free agency began. And the first (cowboys) was substantially built before Free Agency began in 1993.

But hey I guess Belichick lucked into it. Unreal. And your request to "come back to me then" is probably the most unintentionally hilarious thing ever posted here. Have you been asleep like Rip Van Winkle for the last 20 years? Belichick has already proven it. Over and over again. Hey the sun also rises in the East. "Oh yeah? Come back to me tomorrow morning."

On 10/22/2019 at 3:02 PM, Xtina said:

I don’t understand why it’s so hard to defend them. I watched the first drive yesterday and had enough. They are soooo predictable yet the jets couldn’t do anything or even get off the field on third down. It’s just the same short to mid range pass after pass. What is so hard about that to stop?!?! Or make Brady uncomfortable. That’s it!!! Even with refs on their side how hard can it be. The defense has been the bright spot this season and yesterday they just disintegrated in the face of this “greatness”. Brady does not look like he is doing anything special out there. 

Been saying this forever now. Go out, get some players and a CS that knows WTF they are doing (unlike the present one apparently) and physically beat their asses up, aka Giants in both SB's. The key to this is roughing up Brady. We all know it, yet the dope last May drafted another JAG DT. You reap what you sow in life Tina, you know? MacCagnan was always chasing the Pats yet ne never did a darn thing about it when he could.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, jgb said:

Again you're trying to shrink the discussion down to one or two cherry picked examples. Belichick has achieved what no one else has before. Not Walsh with Joe Montana. Not Lombardi with Starr. Not anybody with anybody. And he has done it during free agency in a 32-team league.

There have been 2 dynasties since NFL free agency began. And the first (cowboys) was substantially built before Free Agency began in 1993.

But hey I guess Belichick lucked into it. Unreal. And your request to "come back to me then" is probably the most unintentionally hilarious thing ever posted here. Have you been asleep like Rip Van Winkle for the last 20 years? Belichick has already proven it. Over and over again. Hey the sun also rises in the East. "Oh yeah? Come back to me tomorrow morning."

So, your saying Bill Belichick WITHOUT Tom Brady could win 6 Super Bowls? This isn't the days of great coaches like the NFC East that had Parcells, Gibbs, Landry, hell all 3 of those guys are better than every coach in the NFL now. The league is terrible, the Saints haven't won more than 1 Bowl because Brees refused to be paid ANYTHING BUT TOP DOLLAR. What QB has played TWENTY YEARS? And kept themselves as healthy as Brady? The dude knows more about this offense than McDaniel who couldn't get sh*t done without Brady.

Yes, It's a combo deal. Brady + Belichick. Continuity at the most important positions of an NFL team, QB & Head Coach. Brady is an offensive coach playing QB. That's why hes allowed to scream at everyone, get guys benched & sometimes cut or traded.

while were at it lets boycott Amazon and Walmart to, they are crushing the competition.  Lets make Bernie Sanders and Obama Nfl commissioner and co commissioner so everyones a winner.  If we had a competent owner we would be winning for years to.  Like any corporation winning starts with leadership at the top.  Stop crying and get over it, just pray like the Knicks and Mets ownership sells this team one day or they will keep hiring incompetent people who will keep drafting bad players and who will keep underdeveloping players.

45 minutes ago, Jetster said:

So, your saying Bill Belichick WITHOUT Tom Brady could win 6 Super Bowls? This isn't the days of great coaches like the NFC East that had Parcells, Gibbs, Landry, hell all 3 of those guys are better than every coach in the NFL now. The league is terrible, the Saints haven't won more than 1 Bowl because Brees refused to be paid ANYTHING BUT TOP DOLLAR. What QB has played TWENTY YEARS? And kept themselves as healthy as Brady? The dude knows more about this offense than McDaniel who couldn't get sh*t done without Brady.

Yes, It's a combo deal. Brady + Belichick. Continuity at the most important positions of an NFL team, QB & Head Coach. Brady is an offensive coach playing QB. That's why hes allowed to scream at everyone, get guys benched & sometimes cut or traded.

For every one of you there is another that says Brady is a system QB who wouldn't succeed to this level anywhere else. We live in an age where anything can be explained away to fit a preconceived notion to avoid challenging one's beliefs. I don't play that game. I judge based on results. And by the results, Belichick is the best ever far outside the margin of error. Frankly, it ain't close.

16 minutes ago, jgb said:

For every one of you there is another that says Brady is a system QB who wouldn't succeed to this level anywhere else. We live in an age where anything can be explained away to fit a preconceived notion to avoid challenging one's beliefs. I don't play that game. I judge based on results. And by the results, Belichick is the best ever far outside the margin of error. Frankly, it ain't close.

Agree.

There is no way to separate Brady and Beli when assessing their collective greatness.

They are each the GOATs at their respective positions.

Even if they were suddenly separated and placed on different teams, it would  probably be unrealistic to completely reassess them, anyway. 

Brady is 42, an old man by all NFL player standards. If he went to another team and failed, it wouldn’t really prove anything. 

The same is true for Beli, who is 68 and has coached in 9 Superbowls. At some point, he’s going to lose interest and/or energy.

• Upvote 1

I hate the Pats with every fiber of my being so they've "ruined" the NFL for me to a certain extent . I don't think there's anything intrinsically wrong with dominant teams though.

It just sucks when they're in your division and have singled your team out as a team they hate and don't respect lol.

12 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I hate the Pats with every fiber of my being so they've "ruined" the NFL for me to a certain extent . I don't think there's anything intrinsically wrong with dominant teams though.

It just sucks when they're in your division and have singled your team out as a team they hate and don't respect lol.

In fairness I have also singled the Jets out as a team I hate and don't respect.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, jgb said:

Can't fault a man for being in (or in Belichick's case -- CREATING) the situation he is in. I ask again: if he isn't the best ever, what would the best ever have achieved in the last 20 years? multiple undefeated seasons? 8 rings? 10? 15? Come on.

5 hours ago, jgb said:

5 hours ago, jgb said:

3 hours ago, jgb said:

They're f**king cheaters.  Go delete your account.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They are cheaters. The aggrieved parties are the teams who have managed to string together more than three consecutive weeks of minimal competence at some point in the last twenty years and their fans. Not the Jets and not you.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

They are cheaters. The aggrieved parties are the teams who have managed to string together more than three consecutive weeks of minimal competence at some point in the last twenty years and their fans. Not the Jets and not you.

I like watching competitive football.  The Patriots have made the NFL non-competitive.  So you're wrong there.  

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ok, I can’t say you are wrong, but I must ask:

If this is how you feel - why watch? Seems like a particularly tortuous outlook for an NFL fan. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Ok, I can’t say you are wrong, but I must ask:

If this is how you feel - why watch? Seems like a particularly tortuous outlook for an NFL fan. 

What does this even mean?  We all know they're cheaters yet lots of people watch.  Maybe to hope Brady breaks a kneecap?  Or perhaps that the Jets can overcome the cheating and win anyways?

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What does this even mean?  We all know they're cheaters yet lots of people watch.  Maybe to hope Brady breaks a kneecap?  Or perhaps that the Jets can overcome the cheating and win anyways?

Right. But still. 

I mean, if your go to response to people referring to Brady and Beli as the GOATs at their respective positions is to scream about them being cheaters, I just can't help but imagine how exhausting that must be. 

For me, I acknowledge that they bend the rules whenever possible, but I firmly believe that their success is rooted in attention to detail, ultra-competitiveness, and basically an obsession with the sport. 

Right. But still. 
I mean, if your go to response to people referring to Brady and Beli as the GOATs at their respective positions is to scream about them being cheaters, I just can't help but imagine how exhausting that must be. 
For me, I acknowledge that they bend the rules whenever possible, but I firmly believe that their success is rooted in attention to detail, ultra-competitiveness, and basically an obsession with the sport. 

It’s not exhausting. It’s easy. They were caught twice. This isn’t rocket science. Forgive me for not pretending they cured cancer on a Jets board.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It’s not exhausting. It’s easy. They were caught twice. This isn’t rocket science. Forgive me for not pretending they cured cancer on a Jets board.

Yeah, I hear you. 

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No argument there. But if cheating was all it took to get 6 rings, I wish the jets cheated! I’d deal with the multitude of wrist slaps.

• Upvote 1