Multiple teams contact jets for Robby

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And you think the Dallas game is more reflective of how things will play out in the 2nd half?

He's going to walk after the season for nothing if we don't move him now.  So sure, I'd take a 3rd.  

Yes I think the offense will look more like the Dallas game than the NE game from here on out.

I dunno about a third. I'd like the pick but Darnold needs all the help he can get, Darnolds future starts to look real doubtful if he ends this year as a bottom 3 QB.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, CTM said:

Yes I think the offense will look more like the Dallas game than the NE game from here on out.

I dunno about a third. I'd like the pick but Darnold needs all the help he can get, Darnolds future starts to look real doubtful if he ends it as a bottom 3 QB.

He's likely going to end up towards the bottom regardless.  Maybe not bottom 3, but not far off.  Robby doesn't have a sustainable skillset to help him with the way this OL has looked.  Crowder, Thomas, Herndon and Le'Veon are all better options.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

You nitwit. He just hit him on a 92 TD last week which set the tone for the rest of the 1/2. The rest of the season is going to look more like the Dallas game than the Pats game just based on level of competition.
And besides, what do you think you are getting in return? I'm not sure about letting him walk for a 3rd, are you?

If we can get more than a fourth we should trade him yesterday ... Guy is basically Ted Ginn Jr.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How is Robby helping Sam's development?  He's a one-route runner and Sam can't get it to him with opposing pass rushers breathing down his neck.  

This team has blown for a decade and you guys want to hold onto the players that have done nothing to be part of the solution?  GTFO.  

Robbie can't make tough catches...if a defender even sniffs his direction he drops the ball. AS you stated he's a one route guy and always will be because he does not like to catch the ball in traffic. Yesterday I saw Darnold throw him the ball 2 times and on one pass Robbie didn't even turn around and it was intercepted because Gilmore did turn around and on the other pass he felt the footsteps and baby armed it. Now, if you are on constant hot reads how do you not look back or cut routes short to help the QB ? This has been a problem for 20 years here excluding the year we had Marshall and Decker healthy. The Jets have had the worst group of WR's in the NFL since they dumped Keyshawn and tried to go with a 5-7 Chrebet as the Number 1 WR . 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, CTM said:

You nitwit. He just hit him on a 92 TD last week which set the tone for the rest of the 1/2. The rest of the season is going to look more like the Dallas game than the Pats game just based on level of competition.

And besides, what do you think you are getting in return? I'm not sure about letting him walk for a 3rd, are you?

If we got offered a 3rd for Robbie I wouldn't let him walk I would tell him to ******* run before they change their minds

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He's likely going to end up towards the bottom regardless.  Maybe not bottom 3, but not far off.  Robby doesn't have a sustainable skillset to help him with the way this OL has looked.  Crowder, Thomas, Herndon and Le'Veon are all better options.  

That's also why they should sign him to an extension now. This Jets team goes further than just this year. He'll look even better if we shore up the Oline and draft some high end receivers next year in a draft that is loaded with them.

For the life of me I can't understand why so many posters want to get rid of one of the few decent players we have on O that is also young. Trade him now and you get pennies on the dollar because he's in his last year.

The only way I move him would be if it's abundantly clear that he is not going to re-sign here and only Robbys agent and JD are the ones that are privy to that info..

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1