Multiple teams contact jets for Robby

28 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Wayne Chrebet best UDFA ever signed by the NY Jets Robby Anderson couldn't wear Chrebet's dirty jockstrap. 

Attention! Attention!!! Joewilly interrupts this broadcast to talk about dirty male genitals and the things that cover them.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, joewilly12 said:

1 highlight reel TD IN 6 games is all he's worth. 

Would you as a GM give up anything better than a 3rd round pick in the NFL draft. 

Anderson is a one trick pony, but his one trick can you win you a playoff game. Put him with a QB who can play and I think he’s successful.

Vyncint Smith is Robby's replacement and I think he'll do a good job in that roll. He's the same height but with 25 more lbs of muscle and ran a 4.36 at his pro day.  And watching him on that reverse for a TD he looked much more fluid as an open field runner then Robby is. Robby is way overhyped here. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, RobR said:

You have a strange infatuation with bottom of the roster players that never amount to anything. One or two years from now no one will even remember a Josh Malone or Smith, yet you think they can possibly replace Anderson because they ran fast.  

Ok. I said you could be right. Anderson is a nice player who after 3+ yrs comes up small in a lot of games. I sure don’t see him making a difference in Darnolds overall development the final 10 games this season. Now if one of these guys were to get Anderson’s reps maybe they can become a rotational WR next yr when most likely Anderson is on some other team for most likely nothing in return. 

what type of contract would you give to keep Anderson? 

2 minutes ago, deucebag said:

Josh Malone is actually pretty similar in many respects to Robby.

Please enlighten me on this one. Robby had more receiving yards last week than Malone has had over the past two seasons. Almost as many catches too.

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

what type of contract would you give to keep Anderson? 

The money we wasted on Enunwa who was always a JAG would have been nice locking Anderson up a year early. Do you think he would have turned that contract offer down? I don't.

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Ok. I said you could be right. Anderson is a nice player who after 3+ yrs comes up small in a lot of games.

Sorry should have used the multiquote system.

This entire team has come up small for 3+ years, it's the reason we're picking top 6 every single year. 

I think Robby can be part of the solution, you don't. Just differing opinions.

1 minute ago, RobR said:

The money we wasted on Enunwa who was always a JAG would have been nice locking Anderson up a year early. Do you think he would have turned that contract offer down? I don't.

I have no idea what RA and his agent would or wouldn’t accept. At this point last yr were people that sure of RA on and off the field to warrant a long-term commitment? 

10 minutes ago, RobR said:

Sorry should have used the multiquote system.

This entire team has come up small for 3+ years, it's the reason we're picking top 6 every single year. 

I think Robby can be part of the solution, you don't. Just differing opinions.

I’m not saying he can’t. It’s what is it going to cost?  He’s a FA. He’s a borderline #2/3 IMO. So depending on what some other team, who thinks they can go to the SB this yr and feels he can increase their chances, offers then you have to listen. You can’t say no just because you think he’s going to curtail Darnolds development the final 10 games. 

If Douglas signs him to an extension before Tuesday, great (as long as it’s not for a #1 WR type contract). 

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

I have no idea what RA and his agent would or wouldn’t accept. At this point last yr were people that sure of RA on and off the field to warrant a long-term commitment? 

His off the field antics are so overblown here it's not even funny. He was driving fast and I believe all of his other charges were dropped. Never even suspended by a league that suspends people for no reason.

If I was the GM I would much rather gamble on a player like Anderson than a broken down scrub like Enunwa who was coming off of another season lost to injury.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You really think the Dallas game is more reflective of how things will play out in the 2nd half?

He's going to walk after the season for nothing if we don't move him now.  So sure, I'd take a 3rd.  

Have to agree. Hes gonna walk. If we can get at least a 3rd id pull the trigger.

it would be nice if jd could force williams with him as a package for a 3 and. 4. Or sumthing

His off the field antics are so overblown here it's not even funny. He was driving fast and I believe all of his other charges were dropped. Never even suspended by a league that suspends people for no reason.
If I was the GM I would much rather gamble on a player like Anderson than a broken down scrub like Enunwa who was coming off of another season lost to injury.  

RA has taken his second chance to heart. Haven’t heard a negative thing since that event. Good to see someone get over his mistakes and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

I’m not saying he can’t. It’s what is it going to cost?  He’s a FA. He’s a borderline #2/3 IMO. So depending on what some other team, who thinks they can go to the SB this yr and feels he can increase their chances, offers then you have to listen. You can’t say no just because you think he’s going to curtail Darnolds development the final 10 games. 

If Douglas signs him to an extension before Tuesday, great ( as long as it’s not for a #1 WR type contract). 

I said in an earlier post that if JD thinks he can re-sign him then you don't trade him because you'll never get the value because he's a FA at the end of the year.

I have no problem listening to offers, it's what a GM should do. And if it's clear that JD can't re-sign him then ship him off. My bone of contention was replacing him with Malone or Smith. There is no way in hell that will help with Darnold with the already sh*tty WR corps we already have and ten more games to go. 

23 minutes ago, RobR said:

Please enlighten me on this one. Robby had more receiving yards last week than Malone has had over the past two seasons. Almost as many catches too.

I am speaking to size, speed and one dimensional skill set.  Lets stop putting Robby on a pedestal - he is good, but far from great.  I would not even consider him to be a WR2 - more likely 3rd on the depth chart on 20 other teams.,  If we could get a 3rd for him I do it.  The Jets roster is beyond pathetic.  I can only name 6 players who would start on other teams.  Our OL sucks, our WRs suck, we have maybe one TE, our DL sucks, our LBS suck and out CBs suck.  That's a whole lot of holes to fill. - We have to hope Douglas is competent - if he isnt, holding on to Robby isnt enough anyway.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This team has blown for a decade and you guys want to hold onto the players that have done nothing to be part of the solution?  GTFO. 

lol, damn... you're bringing me back to a couple years ago when this was one of my go-to lines to these knuckleheads... amazing that it's still spot on.

• Sympathy 1

56 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So Sam Darnold is not a QB who can play? 

@Skeptable im asking Jumbo2927 a question...this is the abuse of the buttfumble that was being discussed last week. 

Sam Darnold is the worst starting QBs in the NFL right now (stats don’t lie). He may be good one day, but right now he’s a baddy. 

20 minutes ago, deucebag said:

Lets stop putting Robby on a pedestal - he is good, but far from great. 

i think any fan of Robby, me primarily, would not argue this. 

But he is VALUABLE. He , if the OL holds up and the Qb does his job, is good, and can get TDs.

And other large gains. Something most teams need and want. End of.

he cannot catch uncatchable LOBS to the D.

1 minute ago, Jumbo2927 said:

Sam Darnold is the worst starting QBs in the NFL right now (stats don’t lie). He may be good one day, but right now he’s a baddy. 

Not a lot to go on. 3 games. 1 in which he was sick with mono and 1 against a defense that has given up 3 td's in 7 games. Stats don't always tell the story especially with a small sample size. 

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Based on what we're seeing with guys like Sanu and Emmanuel Sanders I'd guess it's something like a late 3rd (assuming it's a playoff team trading for Robby that will draft late in the round) or an early 4th, possibly a conditional pick (a 4th that could become a 3rd based on certain conditions like playing time, stats, etc.)

Yeah I’m a no on that unless Darnold is not playing, the kid already has less then zero to work with.

1 hour ago, deucebag said:

I am speaking to size, speed and one dimensional skill set.  Lets stop putting Robby on a pedestal - he is good, but far from great.  I would not even consider him to be a WR2 - more likely 3rd on the depth chart on 20 other teams.,  If we could get a 3rd for him I do it.  The Jets roster is beyond pathetic.  I can only name 6 players who would start on other teams.  Our OL sucks, our WRs suck, we have maybe one TE, our DL sucks, our LBS suck and out CBs suck.  That's a whole lot of holes to fill. - We have to hope Douglas is competent - if he isnt, holding on to Robby isnt enough anyway.

You're comparing Robby Anderson to Josh Malone and now you turn it into a roster building exercise.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1