Multiple teams contact jets for Robby

5 hours ago, Team archer said:

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Yea sure - another one of the "multiple teams interested" without any confirmed teams. Real trade rumors come with teams that have expressed interest. "Jet Up Nation Crew" - ok.

Good point. 

Please be careful everyone with these rumors. If it isn't a beat reporter or someone with first hand knowledge we should take it for what its worth.

14 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Good point. 

Please be careful everyone with these rumors. If it isn't a beat reporter or someone with first hand knowledge we should take it for what its worth.

LOL.  The NY Jets beat reporters are usually the last to know. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How is Robby helping Sam's development?  He's a one-route runner and Sam can't get it to him with opposing pass rushers breathing down his neck.  

This team has blown for a decade and you guys want to hold onto the players that have done nothing to be part of the solution?  GTFO.  

He’s a one trick pony. If you can get a 2 or 3 for him it’s a steal. 

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, EdReed22 said:

Trade everyone minus Bell and darnold. Fire gase ol coach and off cord

At this point I’d trade Bell. It’s pointless having him in this team as it’s structured. We can definitely get a 2nd rounder now for a team needing a RB  that’s in a divisional race. This roster needs a total upheaval and it will take a number of years to jump start it. What’s the point of having a RB when you don’t have an OL to open holes for him. I don’t care who it is. Jim Brown couldn’t do jack sheet  behind these scrubs. And it will take 2-3 years for a new line to gel. By then, Bell will be gone anyways. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

This years historically bad Jets with Robbie “blow the lid” off Anderson.

1ED65618-FCBC-4A15-AFF5-F552A5DB0F89.jpeg

The jets offenses were better with mccown and Fitzpatrick than this sh*t. We suck and sucked for years but doesn't it seem we so better with a vet qb than a young one?

I haven’t been thru all 5 pages so maybe someone else said it.  We have the rest of the year to make a decision on him and try to sign him if we want.  If he gets better offers in FA and we don’t match, we get a comp pick which would likely be a third or fourth rider.

whats the rush to get rid of one of our few weapons?  Do we really want to get rid of one of the few offensive threats we have?

I haven’t been thru all 5 pages so maybe someone else said it.  We have the rest of the year to make a decision on him and try to sign him if we want.  If he gets better offers in FA and we don’t match, we get a comp pick which would likely be a third or fourth rider.
whats the rush to get rid of one of our few weapons?  Do we really want to get rid of one of the few offensive threats we have?
We will not get a comp pick. We have to spend big money this off-season to fill giant holes and when you spend a lot of money it negates any comp picks you would have gotten. That means of Robby is not in the plans for the team going forward which I believe he should be since he is still young and has some chemistry with darnold trading him would be the route to take. If we trade him hopefully we get a second round pick for him which I don't think would be an unreasonable asking price if old man Sanu could yeild one

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bowles Movement said:

I think the issue may be that the Jets are not getting any comp picks because they will sign too many free agents.  Teams like the Patriots play the comp pick game well because they draft well and replace FAs with draft picks.  We cut our draft picks. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Good point. 

To be fair Adam Schefter did the same thing with Leonard Williams last week. 

We never had any follow up with teams confirmed to have been interested. 

In this case, we have a twitter account making the claim without even saying they have a source - right after making a tweet claiming incarcerated bob is a credible person. ?

• Haha 1

Well the two Wrs traded this week so far, Sanu and Sanders are a lot better than Robby. So the compensation will be under what they got. I think he's more valuable to us than a 4th or a 5th round pick. If the film shows he isn't running out his routes then it's a different story. Then you take anything. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

But will a 4th round pick likely be better than Anderson? No. 

Or that 4th round pick can be included in a trade to move up if need be.  It’s draft capital and currency, if an offensive lineman is sitting there in the second round and you really like him and need to move up a few places, you’ll be happy you had that extra 4th.  

2 hours ago, EdReed22 said:

The jets offenses were better with mccown and Fitzpatrick than this sh*t. We suck and sucked for years but doesn't it seem we so better with a vet qb than a young one?

Though you are correct I think you are pointing at the wrong culprit.

The offense was better with Gailey, Morton and bates that Gase who is utterly atrocious with anyone at QB.

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Or that 4th round pick can be included in a trade to move up if need be.  It’s draft capital and currency, if an offensive lineman is sitting there in the second round and you really like him and need to move up a few places, you’ll be happy you had that extra 4th.  

Instead of draft capital, why not have a known quantity? 

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I wouldn't even deal him for a 1st.

Look at our recent first round picks - are any of them better than Robby?

What does past draft picks from Macc have to do with what JD will do with his first round picks? Anyway, I'm 100% taking Quinnen Williams over Robby Anderson. 

15 hours ago, RobR said:

That's also why they should sign him to an extension now. This Jets team goes further than just this year. He'll look even better if we shore up the Oline and draft some high end receivers next year in a draft that is loaded with them.

For the life of me I can't understand why so many posters want to get rid of one of the few decent players we have on O that is also young. Trade him now and you get pennies on the dollar because he's in his last year.

The only way I move him would be if it's abundantly clear that he is not going to re-sign here and only Robbys agent and JD are the ones that are privy to that info..

JD may be in a position where he's unable to properly evaluate Anderson due to how incredibly inept the offense has been.

Thank God we have an offensive minded head coach to fix that ?‍♂️

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

Good point. 

To be fair, you published an article last week based on a tweet from Chad Forbes who is 100% not an insider.  

Connor Rogers, who has provided legit Jets info before, is where I saw this first regarding Anderson.  The Twitter account in the OP just appears to be a content thief.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

What does past draft picks from Macc have to do with what JD will do with his first round picks? Anyway, I'm 100% taking Quinnen Williams over Robby Anderson. 

The draft is a roll of the dice.  With Robby you know what you have.  I take the safer bet right now as I'm trying to build a team in the long-term.

For me, on this current Jet team - no way I take QW over Robby.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Why's that?  Because we have so many other good players we have to pay?

Because no smart GM is going to give Robby Anderson WR1 money to provide WR2 production.  Not even Maccagnan gave Robby an extension last offseason despite tons of money to burn, and Joe Douglas seems equally interested in doing so at this stage in the season.  He's gone, dude.  

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The draft is a roll of the dice.  With Robby you know what you have.  I take the safer bet right now as I'm trying to build a team in the long-term.

For me, on this current Jet team - no way I take QW over Robby.

We control QW for five years. Robby is UFA and we are not franchising him. He is not worth the 10 million or more than he is going to ask for. The upside of QW is vastly superior to that of RA.