Multiple teams contact jets for Robby

1 minute ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

We control QW for five years. Robby is UFA and we are not franchising him. He is not worth the 10 million or more than he is going to ask for. The upside of QW is vastly superior to that of RA.

QW isn't worth what we're going to have pay him either.

Anyone happy with the check we're writing to Leo this year?

19 hours ago, Dunnie said:

If we can get more than a fourth we should trade him yesterday ... Guy is basically Ted Ginn Jr.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

And Ginn was the 9th overall pick by the Fins in the 07 draft at least we got Robby for nothing.. One of the teams looking for W/R help is the Saints 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Devin Funches earns $10M this season.  John Brown gets $9M.  People thinking we are going to replace Anderson so easily and cheaply with a free agent are nuts.

Jakobi Meyers Contract and Salary Cap Page

Jakobi Meyers

Wide Receiver

• 2019 Salary Cap Charge: $498,333
  • % of 2019 Team Cap: 0.25%
  • 2019 Cash Payout: $505,000
  • % of 2019 Team Cash Spending: 0.27%
  • 2019 Cash to Cap Ratio: 1.01
  • Total Contract Value: $1,765,000
  • Annual Contract Value: $588,333
  • Position Ranking: 181/281 at WR
  • Fully Guaranteed Money: $60,000
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 203
  • College: North Carolina State
  • Accrued Seasons: 0
  • Entry: 2019 Undrafted Free Agent (Patriots)
  • Year Signed: 2019 (UDFA)
  • Free Agency: 2022 (RFA)
  • 2019 OTC Valuation: $839,000

3 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

They should have extended Robby and not Enunwa, but i mean that’s so low on the list of ****ups they’ve made that it almost seems like an honest mistake. 

all day. i mean, i sorta get teh loyalty thang, but Q...  smh....      

people round here bag on Robby, ffs!

Demarious Thomas should never see the field again 

i don't know which is worse, Joe Douglas thought Demarious Thomas was a good idea or that Gase keeps targeting him when he can't catch a football 

Thomas was 3 of 9 targets on MNF

regardless of whether they trade Robby or not

give the reps to Vyncynt Smyth or whoever they find off the waivers 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

i don't know which is worse, Joe Douglas thought Demarious Thomas was a good idea or that Gase keeps targeting him when he can't catch a football 

Keep in mind we handed what's essentially going to be a late 5th rounder to the Patriots for him too.

• Upvote 2

Might as well call Robbie MOPE. The dude can't fight for a ball for sh*t! Plus he's a dope. He's supposedly our #1 WR but Sanu (THE FALCONS 3rd WR just got traded for a 2nd round pick). 

Trade his azz in a heartbeat & ask for a 2 like the Pats gave up for Sanu. Anyone interested in Robbie is a playoff team meaning it's a low 2 anyway. 

Our players SUCK! Leo, Robbie, get what you can JD, none of these guys are worth big contracts. That's why the Jets always suck, because they draft so horribly average players DEMAND to be paid because they are the best of a group of bad apples. 

This season is LOST, of these offensive players will be gone, Bell/Crowder/Herndon are the only skill keepers. Robbie's agent will want too much, plus I don't want the Jets to give him a huge contact. I want them to be forced to draft ALL OFFENSE! Oline, WRs, another stud RB to back up Bell. Free agency go hard after Scherff & any other free agent Olineman that's under 28. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, bitonti said:

NEXT MAN UP. 

4 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Robbie is a better WR than Sam is a QB.

Facts.

The TEAM is terrible! THE OLINE IS THE WORST IVE EVER SEEN! Belichick had 11 days to prepare his defense for an offense that hasn't played 1 game with the same players! Rookie LT, retired Center, Winters has always sucked, Shell sucks! Give me a break, I'm not going to go overboard. Fitzy threw 5 picks in a half & he was a veteran.

5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

The TEAM is terrible! THE OLINE IS THE WORST IVE EVER SEEN! Belichick had 11 days to prepare his defense for an offense that hasn't played 1 game with the same players! Rookie LT, retired Center, Winters has always sucked, Shell sucks! Give me a break, I'm not going to go overboard. Fitzy threw 5 picks in a half & he was a veteran.

yes. the team sucks. Robby does not suck. Robby can play in tgeh league and will for at least a total of 10 yrs bar injury.

but robby gets slaughtered cos peeps can't come to grips that Sam is looking more and more like a bust.

i am praying that i am wrong, but it smells an awful lot like blair thomas all over again...a #2 who went pffffffffffffffft.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:
Jakobi Meyers Contract and Salary Cap Page

Jakobi Meyers

Wide Receiver

• 2019 Salary Cap Charge: $498,333
  • % of 2019 Team Cap: 0.25%
  • 2019 Cash Payout: $505,000
  • % of 2019 Team Cash Spending: 0.27%
  • 2019 Cash to Cap Ratio: 1.01
  • Total Contract Value: $1,765,000
  • Annual Contract Value: $588,333
  • Position Ranking: 181/281 at WR
  • Fully Guaranteed Money: $60,000
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 203
  • College: North Carolina State
  • Accrued Seasons: 0
  • Entry: 2019 Undrafted Free Agent (Patriots)
  • Year Signed: 2019 (UDFA)
  • Free Agency: 2022 (RFA)
  • 2019 OTC Valuation: $839,000

Sign this beast!

One of these players has 13/167/0TDs in 6 games with one of the greatest QBs of all time.  The other has 17/266/1TD with 3 games with Darnold (1 with mono), a half with Trevor Seimian and 2 1/2 games of the immortal Luke Falk.  

37 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Doesn't the QB target, not the coach? 

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Sign this beast!

One of these players has 13/167/0TDs in 6 games with one of the greatest QBs of all time.  The other has 17/266/1TD with 3 games with Darnold (1 with mono), a half with Trevor Seimian and 2 1/2 games of the immortal Luke Falk.  

Just showing you his numbers can be easily replaced a lot cheaper and they are on other teams. 

We need better WR's if want to develop Sam Darnold. 

RA runs terrible routes, quits on routes, never comes back for the ball,doesnt go up to battle all the time. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Doesn't the QB target, not the coach? 

hard to say on a play to play basis 

all this assumes Darnold is making multiple reads 

essentially because Robby is being locked down by Gilmore, the work is going to go to Crowder or Thomas 

even having Thomas out there as a potential target is on Gase 

It's simple, unless they plan to pay him $9-$10M over the next few seasons, trade Robby now. I don't think he'll resign with us anyway. Give some other young UDFA WR a shot. Sam will get over it once we get Herndon back.

We have a ton of holes to fill in the off-season and Robby's return could net us a starting CB or OL in round 2 or 3.

• Upvote 2

I think the overwhelming problem with Anderson is that he might be an absolute moron who can only run one pattern and he’s entirely miscast as a #1 WR, but could be pretty sweet if he’s used exclusively running down the field. You can hold onto him, but you’ll have to pay him and still go out and find a #1 WR. That’s a lot of capital tied up at that position.

• Upvote 4

Any legit sources reporting this or just the one in the OP? 

Robbie’s not getting traded, nor is Jamal. There won’t be any fire sale for the purpose of accumulating draft picks. Jets are going to try to win as many games as possible this season.

Gase basically got Douglas hired. Douglas isn’t going to reduce the talent that Gase has to work with.  

Leonard Williams is a possibility only because he’s a FA following the season. 

39 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Meyers runs a 4.6, Robby runs a 4.3 

not to say either are perfect

for how slow Meyers is that's how dum Robby is running routes and living life

but no one ever has to account for Meyers to take the top off the D 

deontay burnett ran about 4.5 but he's also around 6ft.  i'd rather see him than a guy named after an ambulance chasing law firm.