Multiple teams contact jets for Robby

22 hours ago, Losmeister said:

cant speak to legit or no, but

image.png.574d2b7e5cccefba18b411cc494b41dd.png

All stems from the same guy from bleacher report who doesn't say anything about his sources. I'll bet you he read the tweet from the guy who posted about incarcerated bob being a credible source right before tweeting a number of teams were calling about Anderson - without even mentioning a source.

When he says "hearing there is interest" it strikes me as someone who saw or heard something from a source that isn't credible enough to even claim is a source. No one has even said "according to sources" or "an anonymous source said" or anything like that.

It's all sh*t thrown against the wall at this point so far as I can tell.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

burnett ran a 4.7 also no more USC softies please

besides the obvious ones like Darnold and Sanchez

how about Joe McKnight (RIP)?  

Leonard Williams ? Chuma Edoga is another questionable dude

You’re not the only one but man you sure let emotion override logic and facts often. USC has produced the second most NFL Hall of Fame players. As for soft, google the story of Ronnie Lott having part of his finger cut off so he could go back into a game...

20 hours ago, rangerous said:

granted the usc qb's didn't fare so well in the past but they're doing pretty well of late even before darnold.

The only one I can think of that ever amounted to anything worthwhile was Carson Palmer; but let's be honest, if someone tells you your franchise QB is a Carson Palmer, how happy are you?

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

If somehow the Jets were able to steal a 2 or 3 for Robby, JD has to do it

Best case we draft a player that is as good as Robby with the pick. Worst case its a total bust pick. Not to mention it hurts the only thing that matters to this franchise/ the development of Darnold. I would only trade him for a 1st.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

The only one I can think of that ever amounted to anything worthwhile was Carson Palmer; but let's be honest, if someone tells you your franchise QB is a Carson Palmer, how happy are you? 

Before he got injured in that Pittsburgh playoff game years ago, pretty damn happy.

If the intent is to let Robbie walk after the season, getting a 2nd round pick for him would be a gloriously good move for the team.  As much as Darnold needs WR to throw to this year, I think Anderson would help the team long term even more by providing extra draft capital in 2020.  

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

If the intent is to let Robbie walk after the season, getting a 2nd round pick for him would be a gloriously good move for the team.  As much as Darnold needs WR to throw to this year, I think Anderson would help the team long term even more by providing extra draft capital in 2020.  

Plus whoever trades for him has the potential of a comp pick... Probably a 4th... If they don't resign him

• Thumb Down 1

On 10/22/2019 at 7:01 PM, BurnleyJet said:

Boom.

Boom what? Yes, of course the 2nd half of the season will look more like the Dallas game than the Pats game. The Jets face some of the worst teams in the NFL in Wash., Miami x2, NYG, and Cincy. 

And the question here RE: Robby is more so how JD sees him going forward after this year. If he has no intention of making him a serious offer to stay than why not shop him around. I get that Darnold could use a deep threat to help his development but he's not THAT dynamic of a WR that Darnold's development will be stifled. Vyncent Smith is not nearly as good but he is a deep threat as well as could be similarly utilized. Herndon will be back and will give Darnold another target.  

If JD is getting BS peanut offers he will just keep Robby, let him play the rest of the year out with Darnold and let him walk for a comp pick. There's nothing wrong with that strategy either. And who knows, maybe he gets hot and the Jets decide to make him an offer after keeping him around ONLY b/c they couldn't get decent value for him. 

25 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The Raiders will be that team Tyrell Williams has been our most of the year. 

Tyrell Williams has  been practicing the last two days, and will probably play this week. 
I total understand why they might be interested in Robbie Anderson .   Someone to stretch the defense , and open the middle for their Te’s to exploit.( Carr is one Of the best deep passers in the game.

The Raiders have three number 3 picks in 2020 .   So giving one of those third picks isn’t going to hurt them.     JMO I think it’s foolish to give up another draft choice for another Wr, when it’s a Te based passing attack. ( sometimes they will play with three Te’s)    Not to mention giving up a third for a Wr that isn’t going to start.

Gives them more options in the passing game .
They have seven Wr’s already  on the roster .    ( Tyrell Williams, Zay Jones gave up a 2021 fifth rounder , Trevor Davis- Gave up a  6th rounder in 2020 , Hunter Renfrow, Keelan Doss, M Ateman , and Dwayne Harris- just special teams player.

I rather see them address lb position , or add another pass rusher before they bring in another Wr. 

15 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Tyrell Williams has  been practicing the last two days, and will probably play this week. 
I total understand why they might be interested in Robbie Anderson .   Someone to stretch the defense , and open the middle for their Te’s to exploit.( Carr is one Of the best deep passers in the game.

The Raiders have three number 3 picks in 2020 .   So giving one of those third picks isn’t going to hurt them.     JMO I think it’s foolish to give up another draft choice for another Wr, when it’s a Te based passing attack. ( sometimes they will play with three Te’s)    Not to mention giving up a third for a Wr that isn’t going to start.

Gives them more options in the passing game .
They have seven Wr’s already  on the roster .    ( Tyrell Williams, Zay Jones gave up a 2021 fifth rounder , Trevor Davis- Gave up a  6th rounder in 2020 , Hunter Renfrow, Keelan Doss, M Ateman , and Dwayne Harris- just special teams player.

I rather see them address lb position , or add another pass rusher before they bring in another Wr. 

All the WR's on the Raiders are JAG's go look at there stats through 6 games with the exception of Williams often injured.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

All the WR's on the Raiders are JAG's go look at there stats through 6 games with the exception of Williams often injured.

No the Raiders offense relies heavy on the running game, and their Te’s.  ( have three very good ones Waller, Moreau, and Carrier) .  Tyrell Williams has missed couple of weeks with plantar fasciitis .  Zay Jones hasn’t played a game yet coming over from  Bills.  Trevor Davis has played in only two games- Packers  .  The rest of their Wr corps are rookies, and some like second year  Marcel Ateman are physical run blockers that makes  the running game go.( they don’t show in the stat column but are big part of the running game success. 
Gruden elects to play a certain way - rely heavy on the run game + Te’s ( can do a lot of damage that the Wr don’t get as many chances.    

Robbie Anderson is nothing special.  He does one thing well, and he's below average in all other facets.

He is a starter and #1 target on an offense that is frequently playing from behind.  He's on the field for the vast majority of offensive snaps.  He's also been held to under 25 yards in 4 of 6 games this season.  Let that sink in for a second.

Take away one big play this season, and he's been absolutely awful.  This isn't some new phenomenon.  He's consistently under performed throughout his career based on playing time and circumstances.  Have his quarterbacks been the best?  Absolutely not, but he's often playing from behind when stats typically become inflated.

Jets fans need to end their love affairs with decidedly average, replaceable players.  We deserve better.  Bottom line, he's an undrafted free agent who has outperformed his draft status, but he isn't in the long term plans of the Jets for good reason.  Moving on from players like Anderson and getting good value in return actually gives me some hope with Joe Douglas.  This is exactly the type of player the Jets would typically overpay then wonder why they are drafting at the top of the first round year after year.

1 hour ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Idk why people think we would pay him WR1 money. Or he would even ask for anything close to that. 

Closest thing I could see is asking for something like Enunwa signed for. 

He's about to hit the open market.  Why would he ask for a dime less than WR1 money from us?  

What would he cost?

The Eagles reportedly offered a fourth-round pick for Anderson in 2018, but the Jets apparently declined everything that came their way at that point. A year later? With Anderson's age and production, New York would probably hope for something like a fourth-round compensatory pick in the event he stays and then signs elsewhere in 2020. So, ideally, they'd probably try to sell him at a little bit of a higher rate, especially with the Atlanta Falcons snagging a second-rounder for Mohamed Sanu this week. That should make this a fair price:

Projected cost: 2020 third-round pick