Worst Jet QB games you can remember?

Jumbo2927

5 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

That was a disaster. 

5 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

i was at the Sanchez 5 INT debacle 2009

That was Schotty's fault.

The Jets rushed for 300 yards in that game.  They could have used the wishbone offense and won that day.   Mark should have never even thrown a pass in those hurricane winds.

• Upvote 1

The AFC Championship game in '98 vs the Broncos has to be the worst. If we dont fumble that win away, we win the SB. You can't tell me different.

EDIT: Missed "QB" in the OP... Vinny's 2 INT were just 2 of our 5 turnovers... the fumbles killed us.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, isired said:

The AFC Championship game in '98 vs the Broncos has to be the worst. If we dont fumble that win away, we win the SB. You can't tell me different.

Agreed that we wouldve won. I remember watching the Falcons upset the Vikings and thinking we win the SB easy if we get out 9f Mile High. No way I could see Parcells losing a SB to the Falcons and we crushed them earlier that year 

The worst combined effort was easily the McElroy vs Linsey debacle circa 2011-2012, Jets versus Cards. I can easily go back a lot further than that but that was the most disgusting QB'ing from both sides I've ever seen. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

Any game with Geno. I don’t mean that from a statistical perspective—some games he did OK—but he had the worst attitude, standing there with his mouth open any time something went wrong, never ever gave me any confidence he was up to the task. Just an extremely unlikeable player who I never felt invested in rooting for. I hated every second with him behind center.

He is Josh Rosen minus 30 IQ points.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

16 minutes ago, jgb said:

Any game with Geno. I don’t mean that from a statistical perspective—some games he did OK—but he had the worst attitude, standing there with his mouth open any time something went wrong, never ever gave me any confidence he was up to the task. Just an extremely unlikeable player who I never felt invested in rooting for. I hated every second with him behind center.

He is Josh Rosen minus 30 IQ points.

The Miami games are going to be epic.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, isired said:

EDIT: Missed "QB" in the OP... Vinny's 2 INT were just 2 of our 5 turnovers... the fumbles killed us.

Vinny was outstanding that day in ridiculous winds.  His teammates didn't show up to play.

11 hours ago, Losmeister said:

i was at the Sanchez 5 INT debacle 2009

That was awful but I think the Cardinal game in 2012 was worse.

There were a bunch of terrible games in 2005 with different QBs.

Geno San Diego, Buffalo

O'Brien any game late in 86

Todd 82 championship game

There has to be some bubby brister in there from 95, Rick Mirer 99

We've been pretty consistent with crappy QB play since the beginning of the franchise

5 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

The Miami games are going to be epic.

There is no positive outcome for the Jets. If they lose,  it's our dark soul moment. If they win, it will do nothing but fuel false hope. I hope a weather event causes the game to be cancelled.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

There is no positive outcome for the Jets. If they lose,  it's our dark soul moment. If they win, it will do nothing but fuel false hope. I hope a weather event causes the game to be cancelled.

I am fairly confident that the Jets will give them their first win. 

The Dolphins have been playing better lately. They were a 2 point conversion away from beating Washington and they were a good half of football away form winning in Buffalo, as 16.5 point underdogs. I can't see them winning in Pitt this week, but everything lines up for them to beat the Jets in Miami in a couple of weeks. 

Without a shadow of doubt that game on MNF against the Patriots was the worst Jets game I've ever experienced as a fan. What made that loss sting more was how we played the week before against the Cowboys... As a Jets fan you feel like you're headed in the right direction, then the Patriots demolish the Jets on national television. This was by far worse than the butt fumble game on Thanksgiving 2012.