Worst Jet QB games you can remember?

Jumbo2927

2 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Look up Joe Namath's last game as a Jet. I can't be the only one here who was at that game. 

0.0 QBR, it was brutal ... and sad 

Joe had a ton of brutal games too, it's a Jets tradition.

In 1967 the Jets finished 8-5-1, Houston 9-4-1 to lose the division title. The tie was against Houston 28-28.  Joe threw SIX INTs with 2 of them returned for TDs.  It's hard to have a worse game than that especially when it would eventually cost the Jets the division title.

vs the Pats in 2003

Passing Rushing Receiving
Player Tm Cmp Att Yds TD Int Sk Yds Lng Rate Att Yds TD Lng Tgt Rec Yds TD Lng
Tom Brady NWE 15 25 138 2 0 0 0 35 101.7 2 1 0 2 0 0 0 0 0
David Givens NWE 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 5 4 61 2 35
Kevin Faulk NWE 0 0 0 0 0 0   0   3 8 0 4 1 0 0 0 0
Antowain Smith NWE 0 0 0 0 0     0   18 121 0 30 2 2 2 0 5
Larry Centers NWE 0 0 0 0 0     0   1 3 0 3 1 1 2 0 2
Troy Brown NWE 0 0 0 0 0     0   0 0 0 0 4 4 35 0 13
Deion Branch NWE 0 0 0 0 0     0   0 0 0 0 7 2 24 0 18
Christian Fauria NWE 0 0 0 0 0     0   0 0 0 0 2 1 10 0 10
Daniel Graham NWE 0 0 0 0 0     0   0 0 0 0 4 1 4 0 4
  Passing Rushing Receiving
Player Tm Cmp Att Yds TD Int Sk Yds Lng Rate Att Yds TD Lng Tgt Rec Yds TD Lng
Chad Pennington NYJ 24 43 229 0 5 4 17 24 31.2 4 20 2 10 0 0 0 0 0
Curtis Martin NYJ 0 0 0 0 0     0   22 89 0 8 6 4 21 0 9
Santana Moss NYJ 0 0 0 0 0     0   0 0 0 0 10 5 52 0 24
Curtis Conway NYJ 0 0 0 0 0     0   0 0 0 0 9 4 38 0 22
Kevin Lockett NYJ 0 0 0 0 0     0   0 0 0 0 3 2 34 0 23
Chris Baker NYJ 0 0 0 0 0     0   0 0 0 0 5 3 31 0 16
Anthony Becht NYJ 0 0 0 0 0     0   0 0 0 0 5 4 29 0 15
Jerald Sowell NYJ 0 0 0 0 0     0   0 0 0 0 5 2 24 0 12

5 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Without a shadow of doubt that game on MNF against the Patriots was the worst Jets game I've ever experienced as a fan. What made that loss sting more was how we played the week before against the Cowboys... As a Jets fan you feel like you're headed in the right direction, then the Patriots demolish the Jets on national television. This was by far worse than the butt fumble game on Thanksgiving 2012.

That's just the recency bias talking.  That Thanksgiving game was about as low as low can be.  You see, our quarterback, well he tried to, now get this, run up the ass of his offensive lineman.  I'm going to say that again.  He tried to RUN UP the ass of his offensive lineman.  He was unsuccessful. FURTHER, the force of our quarterback attempting to run where no man has run before caused him to lose control of the football.  Said football was picked up by a defensive player and returned for a Patriots (we were playing the Patriots mind you) Touchdown.

So you see. as embarrassing as Monday night was, I take solace that nothing like what I have just described happened.  It's a low bar. I realize that, but still...

55 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

That's just the recency bias talking.  That Thanksgiving game was about as low as low can be.  You see, our quarterback, well he tried to, now get this, run up the ass of his offensive lineman.  I'm going to say that again.  He tried to RUN UP the ass of his offensive lineman.  He was unsuccessful. FURTHER, the force of our quarterback attempting to run where no man has run before caused him to lose control of the football.  Said football was picked up by a defensive player and returned for a Patriots (we were playing the Patriots mind you) Touchdown.

So you see. as embarrassing as Monday night was, I take solace that nothing like what I have just described happened.  It's a low bar. I realize that, but still...

For me, the ultimate horror of the buttfumble was that it wasn't just one bad play.  It was the creamy filling of the sandwich cookie of the Jets humiliation by the Pats.  Having just gone down 7-0 on a Welker score, they drove well into NE territory.  Shonn Greene fumbled.  The next play, Brady hits Shane Vereen for a short pass that turns into an 80+ yard TD.  After the kickoff, Sanchez hits Clyde Gates for a first down.  On the 2nd play from scrimmage - buttfumble.  McKnight fumbles the ensuing Pats kickoff and a midget returns it for a TD.  The Jets went from down 0-7 and driving, to down 0-28 in a span of under 1 minute and only 3 plays from scrimmage.  

1 hour ago, CSNY said:

Another brutal loss was 56-3 way back in 78 or 79 against Grogan and the Patriots That one was even worse than this Monday’s debacle 

You can't remember the year because it was both.  56-3 in '79 and 55-21 in '78.  **** those mother****ers. 

The overtime 6-3 loss to the Colts in 1992 with Nagle and Jeff George was pretty ******* brutal.  They were still in our division back then and we lost to them 10-6 later in the year.  At least they knocked George out of that one and got beat by a Jack ******* Trudeau pass.  Dean Biasucci can suck it.   

10 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The Jets Cardinals game from a few years ago basically set offensive football back 50 years

Well this sets Sam Darnold, and the team back into the Stone Age. We’ve got ten more ******* games to endure before this sh*t show stops. 

On every front, the worst season I’ve seen in near 40 years of fandom. Pure dog sh*t.

Game probably any Luke Falk game....

But one play that sticks out to me that epitomizes Jets awful QB play was a game vs Carolina in the mid 90s (Kotite era I believe) where Bubby friggin Brister shovel passed a TD to a Panthers Linebacker...that was awful

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

82 championship game

monday night game vs buffalo when fans lit fires in stands

monday night game 2015 or 16, jets vs. colts woody has VP to be mike pence with him while jets get trounced 

last game of season with playoffs on line vs. oilers, day dick Steinberg died

late 70's jets vs pats. We get smoked 56-3

jets vs chiefs and Fitzpatrick throws 5 picks.  May have been a Monday night game also

should I go on ?

That game in 2011 where the Ravens beat Sanchez to a pulp was pretty bad as well  
Yep. Like 5 turnovers including 3 fumbles, 3 of the 5 turnovers were defensive TDs (2 fumbles and a pick 6). I still say that game wrecked Sanchez. He was never the same, for us anyway.
  • Upvote 1