Le’Veon Bell

johnnyjet

8 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

You know how many dump off passes were given to bell against the 0 cover blitz? 0.

Yup zero. Bell one of best back in league history who is ideal to get the ball and take some pressure off the QB got 0 dump off passes.

Great coaching by Gase.

Seriously I wouldn't even blame bell of he called out the coaching staff. But he didn't. 

Alll class

Are you including the one where Sam stared him down and almost got Bell killed? Or the one that Sam lobbed over his head out of bounds?

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

3 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Are you including the one where Sam stared him down and almost got Bell killed? Or the one that Sam lobbed over his head out of bounds?

yeah, he was absolutely rattled, shell shocked, whatever you want to call it.   Most of his throws were sailing high...

• Upvote 2

The new question is do we trade Bell. I love him. He is one of the best backs in the league and could be a huge help to Darnold's development ... if he was properly utilized. There is no reason for us to have him with a line this bad. I supported signing him this offseason, and still think it was a good move, I don;'t feel like we should go out of our way to trade him, but if a good offer comes from a good team, we don't need a back that much

• Thumb Down 1

58 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

I love Bell, too, but he's being totally wasted here.  I agree that if the Jets get a good offer, trade him.

The question is, what is a "good" offer?  Just a first rounder?  A first and a mid rounder?  Would you take a 2 and a 3?

His cap hit prevents trade... enough with the non-sense.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DjHoldyHold said:

The new question is do we trade Bell. I love him. He is one of the best backs in the league and could be a huge help to Darnold's development ... if he was properly utilized. There is no reason for us to have him with a line this bad. I supported signing him this offseason, and still think it was a good move, I don;'t feel like we should go out of our way to trade him, but if a good offer comes from a good team, we don't need a back that much

Besides the fact that Bell's contract looks like a steal at the moment. You cannot trade him right now because nobody is taking into consideration signing bonuses that get accelerated if he gets traded and the cap hit would be pointless to trade him. And he is clearly the only one trying at the moment... jesus.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Besides the fact that Bell's contract looks like a steal at the moment. You cannot trade him right now because nobody is taking into consideration signing bonuses that get accelerated if he gets traded and the cap hit would be pointless to trade him. And he is clearly the only one trying at the moment... jesus.

I'm with you. I don't want to trade Bell nor do I think it' s an option we should explore. But If there is a reasonable option we should take it, he is by no means untouchable. 

11 minutes ago, DjHoldyHold said:

I'm with you. I don't want to trade Bell nor do I think it' s an option we should explore. But If there is a reasonable option we should take it, he is by no means untouchable. 

CAP HIT!!!!! I am not sure if you are entirely reading my posts.... Jets would actually have to CUT PLAYERS to TRADE BELL...

9 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Well there may be more than one leaving.

Leonard Williams May help..

There is no point to trading Bell. Unless you can haul in 2+ 1st rounders... because whoever you trade him to will probably have one of the last picks in the first round and even then the Jets would hurt future cap as I believe after June 1st trades you can split the cap hit over 2 years... Meaning that you are now paying the dude to play on other teams, exactly what Raiders and Steelers are doing and you can see how that is working out.

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

There is no point to trading Bell. Unless you can haul in 2+ 1st rounders... because whoever you trade him to will probably have one of the last picks in the first round and even then the Jets would hurt future cap as I believe after June 1st trades you can split the cap hit over 2 years... Meaning that you are now paying the dude to play on other teams, exactly what Raiders and Steelers are doing and you can see how that is working out.

He’s sure wasted here.

He must be thinking what the **** did I do.

2 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

He’s sure wasted here.

He must be thinking what the **** did I do.

So what, he is a good soldier.. No harm to keep him. And he is a good safety valve for the development of the QB... No team is going to give up enough capital to trade for Bell, period, end of story.