Will Gase be fired after we get blown out in JAX?

Philc1

Just now, jgb said:

They aren’t paying 3 HCs next year. Bowles on payroll through next season. 2021 earliest we are moving on.

I tend to agree, unless we are 1-15ish bad. In that case, the media pressure might be too great for Gase to survive. 

And, if we ever get anywhere close to 7 wins, the moral victory talk will be off the charts. 

• Upvote 1

IF we lose, no. If we get embarrassed and Sams plays the way he did Monday. Maybe. 

If we win but the team doesn't improve week in and week out I say he gets fired year end.  I say this in spite of the fact that they are paying TB because public opinion will force the Johnson's hand.  

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Explain, please, what he did to Darnold deterrence Dallas and the pats?

should be good 

Adam Gase's playbook is generic and he calls 15 yard outs vs cover 0 all out blitz. either Sam Darnold doesn't know how to call a hot route or Gase doesn't understand what they are. Im not sure which outcome is better 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Adam Gase is not getting fired

They are already paying Bowles for this year not to coach

to pay both Bowles and Gase to not coach would be distasteful to the Monopoly Man who runs the team 

Firing Gase this year would be like firing a GM after free agency and the draft. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Adam Gase's playbook is generic and he calls 15 yard outs vs cover 0 all out blitz. either Sam Darnold doesn't know how to call a hot route or Gase doesn't understand what they are. Im not sure which outcome is better 

Yeah, and what did he do between Sunday and Monday?  It’s 15 yard passes? Lol. 

0 coverage you should pass.  WRs should get free and should get YAC since there isn’t a S.

OL needs to buy some time, WRs need to get open

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, and what did he do between Sunday and Monday?  It’s 15 yard passes? Lol. 

0 coverage you should pass.  WRs should get free and should get YAC since there isn’t a S.

OL needs to buy some time, WRs need to get open

And I need to Win the Lotto, and none of the above or that is happening.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Adam Gase is not getting fired

They are already paying Bowles for this year not to coach

to pay both Bowles and Gase to not coach would be distasteful to the Monopoly Man who runs the team 

The fact that they chose him as the guy speaks volumes. Gase was cheap. That's why they hired him. No more, no less. He's not getting fired after this week and he's not even getting fired after this season.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, jgb said:

They aren’t paying 3 HCs next year. Bowles on payroll through next season. 2021 earliest we are moving on.

Do we know for a fact that they are paying Bowles?  Many contracts state if the coach takes another job, the payments stop or are reduced by his current salary. Just curious.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

Do we know for a fact that they are paying Bowles?  Many contracts state if the coach takes another job, the payments stop or are reduced by his current salary. Just curious.

I know we were on the hook and we made some sort of deal with Bucs around that. Details were never disclosed (at least not that I saw). The teams probably split the diff or something similar

• Upvote 1

I don't care what his contract is, if the Jets get blown out by the Jags, Gase will be officially on the hot seat, if he isn't already.  It's one thing to lose a lot of games with a bad team, but to be non-competitive is unforgivable, and a few more games like that will definitely get Gase fired. Wealthy, egotistical owners don't like to be embarrassed, and right now, Gase is embarrassing this franchise.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3