Will Gase be fired after we get blown out in JAX?

Philc1

28 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Can anyone speak to the competency of Todd Wash (Jax DC)? I suspect if he's competent Sam will be devoured by free rushers all game, again.

Even a sh*tty DC just needs to look at the film from Monday night and run the exact same plays all day as NE. Every team is going to do that until it stops being effective. The Bills did essentially the same thing with free rushers all day which means the offense is running no better halfway into the season than it was on day one.

• Upvote 2

Just now, rex-n-effect said:

Even a sh*tty DC just needs to look at the film from Monday night and run the exact same plays all day as NE. Every team is going to do that until it stops being effective. The Bills did essentially the same thing with free rushers all day which means the offense is running no better halfway into the season than it was on day one.

Every team other than Dallas has had a boatload of free rushers all game. NE just did it best and didn't relent.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

The Bills did essentially the same thing with free rushers all day which means the offense is running no better halfway into the season than it was on day one.

Adam Gase is like the dude who comes to town in the Simpsons and sells everyone a monorail 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

CJ gave bowles and mac 5 years

CJ let gase choose his own gm

Gase is here a MINIMUM of two more years after this one no matter what.

He hasn't even started to sacrifice assistant coaches yet.

Mac and Bowles getting 5 years should tell you all you need to know about competence or results not being a factor for employment.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

They beat the Cowboys, right? You think the Cowboys are worse then the Jags? That is called being reasonable and not over reactive to each win and loss.

The Cowboys were playing with half their starters out. So the Cowboys were equal to the Jags when we played them. The Jets barely beat them then. Now the Jags defense is pretty good. I don't expect the Jets to win. As a matter of fact I go into every Jet Game not expecting much. With the team constructed as they are it's a legitimate point of view to have.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

The Cowboys were playing with half their starters out. So the Cowboys were equal to the Jags when we played them. The Jets barely beat them then. Now the Jags defense is pretty good. I don't expect the Jets to win. As a matter of fact I go into every Jet Game not expecting much. With the team constructed as they are it's a legitimate point of view to have.

Fair enough, but Cowboys at partial strength is about as good as the Jags at full strength, maybe better. IMO. It's not going to be an easy game but not unwinnable either. I get your mentality though, assume the worst, and be happy if they exceed expectations.  Personally, I hate that, but to each their own.

1 hour ago, rex-n-effect said:

Thank you.... its been the same since the bills... nothing has changed at all.  This Fking HC is stubbornly holding out hope his justification for using schemes that are failing will work.   The problem is they aren't and haven't (record last few years 13-24) but will either get SAM killed or worse gun shy to a point where he is useless.   

• Thumb Down 1

48 minutes ago, EdReed22 said:

This sh*tty team doesn't deserve a single win. The defense with all thise all pros drafted should be shutting teams out. Nope we'd be lucky if the touch a QB. The secondary is good at tackling receivers after they make a first round grab. They show their swag by dancing after making a tackle. This teams a joke minus our MVP punter and Kicker. Thats the only into whose played well. Poole is the only one in the secondary thats played consistent. Johnson and roberts get beat from guys off the street . mate and Adams love to tackle after a plays made. Once in a while they will get the hands on the ball but fail to intercept it. Wish we had a marcus Peters type player. Get deep is ok as long as you also get pucks. Be consistent. Our team just gets beat and can't make plays when we need too. 

I agree with this... Their defense has been very disappointing without Mosley and Avery Williamson... these two seem like the only two playmakers on the team on the defense... Poole has been great and underrated and Adams and Maye are Solid but not playmakers and Hewitt has been solid.... The biggest issue is with all the capital spent on DL and exposing cashman in coverage, they are not difference makers yet and QW can't seem to stay healthy.  I am not sure what to make of him yet.

• Upvote 1

the real interesting thing will be when the dolphins on 12/8 win- the dolphins will beat us at our home and then the Gase apologists will come up with some insane explanation on how the dolphins are a team on the rise and they were familiar with the "Gase " system and Gase needs to stay

there are still folks that disparage mike mccarthy a guy with a career winning record and a freaking super bowl ring and talk up our scrub coach who has won nothing and ruins players. MM handled the Farve to Arod transition perfectly and even though you may say Arod is all natural ability his coach had a system that allowed them to win a ring.  The longer we keep Gase the better the chances are Sam ends up like our last QB from USC that was not properly coached

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Fair enough, but Cowboys at partial strength is about as good as the Jags at full strength, maybe better. IMO. It's not going to be an easy game but not unwinnable either. I get your mentality though, assume the worst, and be happy if they exceed expectations.  Personally, I hate that, but to each their own.

I said this in my post. Also I said I don't expect much with the Jets roster as it is CURRENTLY CONSTRUCTED. Thats why I don't expect much. The holes on this team are evident. The OL, WR, and pass rush are nothing to write home about. With the exception of Bell and Crowder they have nothing on Offense. Sam is going to have his ups and downs. That's why it is ludicrous to expect this team to make the playoffs. Downright delusional.

40 minutes ago, kmnj said:

the real interesting thing will be when the dolphins on 12/8 win- the dolphins will beat us at our home and then the Gase apologists will come up with some insane explanation on how the dolphins are a team on the rise and they were familiar with the "Gase " system and Gase needs to stay

there are still folks that disparage mike mccarthy a guy with a career winning record and a freaking super bowl ring and talk up our scrub coach who has won nothing and ruins players. MM handled the Farve to Arod transition perfectly and even though you may say Arod is all natural ability his coach had a system that allowed them to win a ring.  The longer we keep Gase the better the chances are Sam ends up like our last QB from USC that was not properly coached

Got it all figured out, don't you? 

BTW, other than us, how come the great MM didn't get a single interview? 

Grass is always greener....

2 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

The Bills did essentially the same thing with free rushers all day which means the offense is running no better halfway into the season than it was on day one.

If you actually think that what you saw, you should stop now.  

Bills nothing that was essentially the same thing

11 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

It's obvious, our schedule gets very favorable. Its hard to believe that the same board that thought we had a good chance to upset the Pats now think we'll struggle to win 3 games this year but I'm used to it 

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Gase is here for the rest of this year and 3 more years after that at minimum.  He hired his best friend as his boss.  You dont fire your best friend.

So unless you believe the Johnsons are going to fire a gm that just got a 6 year deal anytime soon, gase is going nowhere.

Exactly what I was going to say, except I'll add one more thing.

Remember how everyone loved how Gase undercut Macc and got us JD? Well that move showed you all you need to know about Gase's back room maneuvering skills. Now comes the part most of you won't love.

Gase has his boy JD watching his back. They have no allegiance to Darnold. Sure, if Sam plays well, and they believe in him, he'll be their guy. But if you think Gase is going to fall on his sword for a QB he didn't pick, you're nuts. Hell even if he likes Sam I could see him throwing him under a bus to save himself. Especially if the heat gets turned up and he knows he can play the "a HC should get to pick his own QB" card to both his buddy the GM and CJ.

If Darnold plays well, both he and Gase stay. If Darnold doesn't play well, Gase will make sure Sam goes before he does. You watch.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Remember, if the Jags come out and wipe out the Jets, that Manish Mehta—at the behest of weasel Mike Maccagnan—kneecapped Doug Marrone from getting the Jets job, which Marrone desperately wanted. 

Yup. Instead of going for 2 late in the game to rub our noses in it, maybe an onsides kick this year?

Explain, please, what he did to Darnold between Dallas and the Pats game?
should be good 
It is not about what he has done. It is about why he was hired and what has not happened. The guy was hired after Peyton Manning made a phone call gushing about how gase helped him and how gase is a qb whisperer. We brought him here to develop our young qb into a star. darnold looked great at the end of last season and under gase he looks to have regressed. The sample size is small but I don't feel hopeful that gase has helped or will help darnold.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, jgb said:

They aren’t paying 3 HCs next year. Bowles on payroll through next season. 2021 earliest we are moving on.

It would only be two if they promoted Williams. They’re paying him anyway.
Not necessarily suggesting that’s the answer but if this was the only reason for not firing him should the wheels fall all the way off. It could be done

• Upvote 1