Frank Pollack

RSJ

I posted in another thread on Tuesday.. FIRE FRANK POLLACK he is terrible needs to go. 

I understand these guys are bad but this is pathetic on Monday night a neighbor who played college football OL commented numerous times how the NY Jets OL looks lost, always standing up watching plays, never blocking downfield or finishing blocks, cant maintain a block.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

It's the weapons. It's the line. It's Frank Pollack. It's Jackson Pollack. It's Jackson Galaxy. It's my cat.
The simplest explanation for why it seems like Darnold sucks is that Darnold sucks. Just throwing it out there. I think that's what isn't being talked about enough. Everything else is being talked about plenty.

Its completely possible Darnold sucks. But we are never going to see one way or another behind that line play.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

It's the weapons. It's the line. It's Frank Pollack. It's Jackson Pollack. It's Jackson Galaxy. It's my cat.

The simplest explanation for why it seems like Darnold sucks is that Darnold sucks. Just throwing it out there. I think that's what isn't being talked about enough. Everything else is being talked about plenty.

The OL line play is bad on this team no excuses, irregardless of the players there are fundamentals of playing the OL this group seems to lack them. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Yup.  Darnold is not good.  Gave us 0 chance to win.  Fans of other teams will tell you darnold sucks, but w jet fans its the elephant in the room.

Lets just hope he improves.

• Thumb Down 4

Yup.  Darnold is not good.  Gave us 0 chance to win.  Fans of other teams will tell you darnold sucks, but w jet fans its the elephant in the room.

Lets just hope he improves.

I wasnt a fan of trading up to take a QB. Not with so many issues on the team. But I was at the Dallas game and about 6-8 of his throws were throws I have only seen a few QBs make. Now he cant be expected to play like that every game. Generally Brady makes 2-3 throws like that per game. The OL play is dreadful. They played better last year with less talent. This is about bad coaching. Decent coaching would atleast get respectable play out of this group.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

and a HOF QB... to go with the best coach of all time

Yeah a HOF QB. Dude this coach was the centerpiece of staffs that won with Ryan Mallet, Vinny Teateverde, and Jeff Hostetler to name a few. Want to know what the other constant besides Brady and BB has been? Their OL coach. They begged him to come back when he retired shortly.

• Upvote 3

@RSJ  Tell me something you seem level headed and knowledgable, where the hell was Darnold throwing the ball Monday night every time he lofted it up I call it a floater. I've never ever seen another QB do this in my lifetime. Cant blame the OL on that. Throw the ball into the ground or 10 yards out of bounds. 

Don't waste your time with Skeptable all he/she does is buttfumble posters.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

@RSJ  Tell me something you seem level headed and knowledgable, where the hell was Darnold throwing the ball Monday night every time he lofted it up I call it a floater. I've never ever seen another QB do this in my lifetime. Cant blame the OL on that. Throw the ball into the ground or 10 yards out of bounds. 

All those plays were on third and long down 24 points. He lobbed it up to WRs that had 1 on 1 coverage hoping they would make a play. If he throws it away or takes the sack instead we lose 33-3 and don’t even have a prayer of a chance. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Don't waste your time with Skeptable all he/she does is buttfumble posters. 

Watch some of the gifs I posted... WRs were running wrong routes... in the end I think he just started tossing it up to make something happen but there was a lot of dumb elementary mistakes made by nearly everyone on different plays on offense... It shows the lack of competence of the coaches and less about Darnold but you do you.

• Thumb Down 1

26 minutes ago, RSJ said:

There are no top 10 picks playing on the Pats OL. Coaching makes a huge difference in line play.

No doubt, but there’s no lineman on the Jets roster other than Edoga that you would consider worthwhile, I guess. They’re all castoffs except for Winters, who is a washed-up juicehead 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

[mention=5476]RSJ[/mention]  Tell me something you seem level headed and knowledgable, where the hell was Darnold throwing the ball Monday night every time he lofted it up I call it a floater. I've never ever seen another QB do this in my lifetime. Cant blame the OL on that. Throw the ball into the ground or 10 yards out of bounds. 

Each pick looked different to me. I sit in row 12 section 128. I was behind the Jets offense on the first drive, for example. In that case it looked like two things went wrong on that first pick. First someone was in his face very fast. But second NE disguised their coverage look. It looked like basic man pre snap but it was a complex zone post snap. It looked to me like Darnold wanted to pull that ball back but it was too late. He was backed up on that drive and really idk why they called a play like that. To me it looked like Darnold was being honest when he said he saw ghosts. I think he was just very unsure of what he was seeing and knew he needed to get the ball out fast. Darnold throws with a lot of wrist and not a lot of legs. I think a lot of it was just hesitation in what he was seeing but yet knowing it needed to come out fast.

Thats really just my honest opinion from my seat. What did you see on TV?

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

But wouldn’t you agree that Darnold has had too many good starts among his first 16 to be written off? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Skeptable said:

So many posters have this weird agenda against Darnold who has looked like the best player on the Jets numerous times... Its almost as bad as the anti-Adams crowd but they are beyond reason.

I dont think there is an anti darnold agenda.  I think there is an anti “play like total crap and im sick of it” agenda.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

So many posters have this weird agenda against Darnold who has looked like the best player on the Jets numerous times... Its almost as bad as the anti-Adams crowd but they are beyond reason.

It’s literally the same 5 trolls in every thread

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Watch some of the gifs I posted... WRs were running wrong routes... in the end I think he just started tossing it up to make something happen but there was a lot of dumb elementary mistakes made by nearly everyone on different plays on offense... It shows the lack of competence of the coaches and less about Darnold but you do you.

Watch the video I posted 2nd INT no one home. Good QB's adjust, run,take the sack, throw it out of bounds this happened how many times. 

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

No hate for Darnold and definitely no hate for Adams big fan of his, but when players do what Darnold did or didn't do Monday night the criticism is warranted. This is football and we lost 33-0. 

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I dont think there is an anti darnold agenda.  I think there is an anti “play like total crap and im sick of it” agenda.

Every post you talk about how sh*t Darnold is... How is that not an anti-Darnold agenda? He had a bad game... He has also had quite a few great games... He just finished his 16th game... Jesus Christ, its like posters around here expect him to be Aaron Rodgers without a full year under is belt.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Each pick looked different to me. I sit in row 12 section 128. I was behind the Jets offense on the first drive, for example. In that case it looked like two things went wrong on that first pick. First someone was in his face very fast. But second NE disguised their coverage look. It looked like basic man pre snap but it was a complex zone post snap. It looked to me like Darnold wanted to pull that ball back but it was too late. He was backed up on that drive and really idk why they called a play like that. To me it looked like Darnold was being honest when he said he saw ghosts. I think he was just very unsure of what he was seeing and knew he needed to get the ball out fast. Darnold throws with a lot of wrist and not a lot of legs. I think a lot of it was just hesitation in what he was seeing but yet knowing it needed to come out fast.

Thats really just my honest opinion from my seat. What did you see on TV?

I saw whats in the video I posted a dazed and confused QB. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Watch the video I posted 2nd INT no one home. Good QB's adjust, run,take the sack, throw it out of bounds this happened how many times. 

No hate for Darnold and definitely no hate for Adams big fan of his, but when players do what Darnold did or didn't do Monday night the criticism is warranted. This is football and we lost 33-0. 

Its one game... and there were multiple plays where players ran the wrong routes... lazy routes... dropped balls ... put no effort in. or he had free runners because the oline didn't change the protection like darnold told them to

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Skeptable said:

Every post you talk about how sh*t Darnold is... How is that not an anti-Darnold agenda? He had a bad game... He has also had quite a few great games... He just finished his 16th game... Jesus Christ, its like posters around here expect him to be Aaron Rodgers without a full year under is belt.

I had nothing but good things to say about him after the cowboys game.

He looked like a high school qb trying to play out the monday night.  Some very smart people have said it was the worst performance they have seen from a qb in nfl history.  How you wouldnt be concerned is mind boggling.

• Thumb Down 1

32 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Well the questions is , which QB is going to look good on this team:

With this oline

With this coach and scheme

With this defense.

Darnold showed enough last year and in the Dallas game to suggest he can be good.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1