The mic decision and the handling of Osemele tells me Gase & Douglas are idiots

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Whether that's accurate or not (sounds like he was going to get a shot at GM job eventually).... doesn't mean JD won't fire Gase if he has to. That's down right juvenile to think otherwise... 

Yes, maybe he gets another year? Maybe not? It's been bad... but this narrative of Gase is untouchable b/c he had a hand in recruiting JD is for the birds. 

I swear people irrationally make things up to so they can wallow in the self pity of being a jets fan.

Regardless of whether or not us as fans think gase is the issue, its an honest assessment from inside the locker room and from the OWNER that is going to be the determining factor in if he will be fired or not at the end of the season.

In order for him to be fired at the end of year 1 there would have to be a catastrophic melt down of this team where they 1)lose out 2)Sam severely regresses and 3)multiple high profile pieces complain to the owner.

Unfortunately for everyone who wants him fired now, none of those things are likely to happen so buckle up and get ready for 3 more years.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Didn’t you defend Mac and Bowles too?

very witty though are you going to next accuse me of being a virgin?

hell no.... I wasn't on board with them the second Leo was selected.

Doesn't change the fact that you role model the leadership and decision making capacity of a housefly. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Doesn't change the fact that you role model the leadership and decision making capacity of a housefly. 

Still bitter I pointed out Baker Mayfield and Jonah both sucked I guess

17 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Thats when I pretty much knew we were dealing with simpletons.

This Jets team has wasted a decade making the worst decisions possible. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Still bitter I pointed out Baker Mayfield and Jonah both sucked I guess

Huh? No... and i think i'd have force a clue down your throat before you took a bite... You're allowed your opinion of course, as we all are - just expect some times when you sling blade your way through a thread, you're gonna get called out for it.  

So Mc is gone  and he made the call on KO.  To blame Joe D in all this is not a valid argument.  He's left with what the previous GM left behind.   As far as Gase and Sam he can only do so much.  Sam seems to indicate that he prepares very well for games, Sam's job is to execute the game plan and it just seems that the team on the offensive side of the ball are not in sync.   How to fix it is the big question.  As far as being Idiots it would seem the fan base are the idiots for constantly supporting a frustrating team.  So with that said yes I'm an idiot, yet I choose to be a fan.  

6 hours ago, varjet said:

Gase is a plug coach-the only guy who would take the job while they built the roster back up and improved the organization.   Hope was that he would develop Darnold too. 

The long-term plan is the Douglas team.  His results are very mixed   Someone is meddling here.  I can sense it   

Someone is meddling at telling Douglas what players to mic up? oh my lol.

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

Whether that's accurate or not (sounds like he was going to get a shot at GM job eventually).... doesn't mean JD won't fire Gase if he has to. That's down right juvenile to think otherwise... 

Yes, maybe he gets another year? Maybe not? It's been bad... but this narrative of Gase is untouchable b/c he had a hand in recruiting JD is for the birds. 

Believe it or not, but anyone that thinks that JD will fire Gase this year after Gase personally brought him in is delusional.

5 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

The Mets have been a train wreck for years. When was the last time they went to the playoffs 

Is this a real question? They went to the World Series in 2015.  Wild Card in 2016.

I agree that the Wilpons are crap owners, but they also had a winning record this past year (86-76).

7 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Gase got the GM fired and brought in his hand picked guy.  Who is going to fire him?  It is a pretty bad look for Johnson to let him force Maccagnan out and then dump him before he has even one offseason with a GM he can work with.  It is an even worse look for Douglas to fire the guy that he was specifically brought on to work with after one year.

My understanding is that Gase and Douglas each report directly to the owners. So Chris Johnson could fire both of them or either of them, at his leisure.

40 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

Believe it or not, but anyone that thinks that JD will fire Gase this year after Gase personally brought him in is delusional.

Joe Douglas and Adam Gase were around each other for one year in Chicago. They didn’t even know each other prior to that season.

I’m not sure why so many think they’re lifelong friends attached at the hip.

Let’s say the Jets fired Macc at the same time as Bowles and hired Douglas before a HC...

Who’s to say that Gase would’ve even been one of his top 5 candidates? 

Doulas could absolutely use Gase as a stepping stone. Sure as hell wouldn’t be the first time it’s happened in the NFL, or in business period for that matter.

Douglas is on a 6 year deal as one of the highest paid GM’s in football. Meanwhile, we still don’t even know the details of Gase’s contract. But I guarantee you it isn’t 6 years.

I doubt Douglas will show blind loyalty to a guy he just met 3-4 years ago if he’s proving to be a hindrance to the teams promising young QB and the team as a whole.

6 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

The biggest question is just think about the rest of the Front Office...are they ALL just f*ckin “Yes Men”?????

Like someone mentioned on the radio, you’re going to tell me that not 1 guy raised their hand and said “excuse me but maybe we should rethink micing Sam up, because hear me out, Belichick made Jared Goff and a stacked Ram team look like semi pros in the SB, they’ve been wrecking offenses all season long as their play continues, so maybe we don’t want the world to hear what Sam has to say in a game where he will be under more duress than any other game we play this year”?

Not 1 guy did that?  And if that in fact did happen....what does that say about Douglas and Gase, going forth anyway and Immortalizing “The Ghost” game in Jet history?

"Yes' men may not be the right word - more like 'delusional fanboys'.  The team has not made any significant steps to show that they deserve to be treated like winners, yet the management is so blinded with the way the media is pumping up the Brady/Darnold matchup they had their heads in their arses thinking sure, why not?

If it were the Giants, they would have told the promos to get lost.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

We are not talking can, we are taking should and will. 

I want Gase gone. I never thought he was the right hire.

But there are posts on this thread saying that Douglas won't fire Gase. I am saying that it isn't his decision. If Chris Johnson determines Gase was the wrong hire, the fact Douglas is here won't stop Johnson from pulling the trigger.

But I doubt Johnson does it this off season. Gase has too many excuses ready to go why this season has been so poor.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I’m going to say this one last time.

Gase showed you how adept he is at back room politics when he only needed 3 months to overthrow Macc and then hand pick the GM of his choosing.

All you people loved him for it.

There is no way Douglas and/or CJ are firing him after one year. If things stay the way they are and Darnold doesn’t show marked improvement, Gase and Douglas play the “We didn’t draft him. He’s not our guy, we deserve to pick our QB, not be judged on Macc’s QB” card.

If he plays bad, Gase drops Darnold with JDs blessing and Gase stays. If he plays well, they both stay.

C'mon really? The one reason that brought Gase in here was Sam Darnold.  You think  he's going to shoot himself in the foot to cover is butt?

Gase is just a bad coach  - Miami's record is good enough proof of that 'cause he doesn't know how to use the players to fit the system he is putting in place.  If the Johnson's don't recognize this before it's too late , we're in for a long run of 'cry me a river' blues.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

29 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

I want Gase gone. I never thought he was the right hire.

But there are posts on this thread saying that Douglas won't fire Gase. I am saying that it isn't his decision. If Chris Johnson determines Gase was the wrong hire, the fact Douglas is here won't stop Johnson from pulling the trigger.

But I doubt Johnson does it this off season. Gase has too many excuses ready to go why this season has been so poor.

It certainly can happen.  The end of the season is certainly possible if things really are this bad and Darnold continues stepping backwards.  The posts I am arguing with are saying they should fire him now.  IMO that is ridiculous.  The team sucked last year and had an offseason that got the GM fired.

8 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Gase pressers are borderline unwatchable. He’s just not a likable guy. 

”I don’t have to answer these questions from you.” Is what he literally just said. good grief. 

No borderline about it. My mind wanders after 10 seconds of trying to listen to him. I CANNOT imagine how he can possibly hold the pkayers’ Attention for any length of time to “coach”  This is all about how I was expecting it to be