"Brady staying in New England is least likely option" - Schefter

It's all starting to line up for a Brady exit from NE after this year.  Schefter thinks that of Staying in NE, Retiring, or Going to another team that Staying is the LEAST likely option...

A few thoughts...

• Belichick has been trading assets over and over again for WRs....Gordon, Antonio Brown, now Sanu.  They are in Win Now mode.
  • Belichick seems to be setting up this team like the Broncos of 2015, when the defense lead the team and they dragged an aging Peyton Manning along to a Super Bowl victory.
  • Make no mistake about it, both Brady and Belichick are Alphas.  They'd love nothing more than to win one without the other guy or to be perceived as the reason for New England's sustained success.

I don't think Brady can win now without Belichick.  Just my opinion, but at 43 yrs old next year he can't carry a team.  It's slightly unfortunate for Tom because aging affects his ability to go it alone whereas an aging Belichick only seems to be getting better.  IF Brady were to move on next year I could see two possible landing spots - Chicago (great D, decent weapons on O, Trubisky is holding the team back) or Tennessee with former teammate and now Head Coach Mike Vrabel.  The Titans are about a .500 team, have a good roster IMO, but they're moving on from Mariotta. Tennessee wouldn't be a far move for Brady either to play one final season.

Correct.  Pats are ready to move on.  They have a more athletic qb waiting in the wings in Stidham.  

Its going to be crazy to see what mcdaniels does with a guy like Stidham.  Pats will be even better next year.

Make no mistake this isnt brady leaving the pats, this is the pats ready to move on from brady.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Correct.  Pats are ready to move on.  They have a more athletic qb waiting in the wings in Stidham.  

Its going to be crazy to see what mcdaniels does with a guy like Stidham.  Pats will be even better next year.

Make no mistake this isnt brady leaving the pats, this is the pats ready to move on from brady.

You need an MRI

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

It looked like this potential for Brady leaving started when there was a reported dispute between Kraft and Belichick about trading Jimmy G. Bill wanted Jimmy and Brady didn't and went through Kraft. Of course they deny it. The funny thing on all of this is Brady grew up a 49ers fan his father was even a season ticket holder. And the rumor was if he left he'd like to play for the Niners. And that's where they traded Jimmy and hence gave him a big contract. And even though his performance has been ok not great his win loss record starting games with them is like 90%. So you wouldn't think Brady would end up with them if he decides to stay. Of course if Brady really wanted to screw the Patriots he'd sign with us. 

The only way Brady does not play for NE next year is if he retires.  The reason for the Pats having sustained success is continuity, having Belichick and Brady running the same defense and offense for 20 years.  I can't see Brady being willing to learn a brand new offense at age 43.    

Brady is married to one of the world’s most beautiful women who is a narcissist just like him.  

She has stated years ago that she did not like him playing football.  He probably plays because he is more likely to be dumped if he was not a big time QB.

Who knows what Brady’s relationship with BB is or what BB is thinking.  There will be no Manning-like nostalgia in Foxboro.  If they think its time for Brady to go, they will let him go.  

My guess is that Brady wants to go physically to a place that he likes or where his wife wants to be.  That or retire and go into broadcasting.  

25 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

The only way Brady does not play for NE next year is if he retires.  The reason for the Pats having sustained success is continuity, having Belichick and Brady running the same defense and offense for 20 years.  I can't see Brady being willing to learn a brand new offense at age 43.    

Pretty sure if Brady went elsewhere, the OC would bow down to Brady.

They'd run the offense Tommy knows.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'm more interested if Belichick will move on if Brady moves on.  Brady will be gone sooner rather than later regardless, Belichick has many more years of coaching ahead of him if he wants.

Supposedly coaching the Giants has always been his dream job.

And I guarantee the Mara’s would sh*tcan Gettleman and Shurmur in a heartbeat to land Belichick.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'm more interested if Belichick will move on if Brady moves on.  Brady will be gone sooner rather than later regardless, Belichick has many more years of coaching ahead of him if he wants.

I'd think he stays unless....the Giants job opens up.

I really think Belichick has transformed the Patriots into a run-first, defense oriented football team.  Brady is great, but he isn't what he was even just 2 or 3 years ago IMO.  I would think that a good (not necessarily great) QB could still do enough on offense to keep the Patriots, as currently constructed, a playoff team.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

It's all starting to line up for a Brady exit from NE after this year.  Schefter thinks that of Staying in NE, Retiring, or Going to another team that Staying is the LEAST likely option...

A few thoughts...

• Belichick has been trading assets over and over again for WRs....Gordon, Antonio Brown, now Sanu.  They are in Win Now mode.
  • Belichick seems to be setting up this team like the Broncos of 2015, when the defense lead the team and they dragged an aging Peyton Manning along to a Super Bowl victory.
  • Make no mistake about it, both Brady and Belichick are Alphas.  They'd love nothing more than to win one without the other guy or to be perceived as the reason for New England's sustained success.

I don't think Brady can win now without Belichick.  Just my opinion, but at 43 yrs old next year he can't carry a team.  It's slightly unfortunate for Tom because aging affects his ability to go it alone whereas an aging Belichick only seems to be getting better.  IF Brady were to move on next year I could see two possible landing spots - Chicago (great D, decent weapons on O, Trubisky is holding the team back) or Tennessee with former teammate and now Head Coach Mike Vrabel.  The Titans are about a .500 team, have a good roster IMO, but they're moving on from Mariotta. Tennessee wouldn't be a far move for Brady either to play one final season.

Maybe the Chargers. Rivers an UFA next season..... closer to home & Giselle. I doubt Tenn. and I doubt Chicago IMO

The NFL knows all about this and are feeding info to Schefty in drips and drabs...

I can almost assure you, Brady does NOT leave the Pats without the NFL being a major participant in his decision to do so and pre-determining where he goes.

He, the NFL and the team already know where he's going.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Isn't Stidham the guy they were afraid to have throw the ball against the Jets in huge garbage time wins.  He's thrown more Jets TDs in those games than all the Jets QBs combined.

20 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The NFL knows all about this and are feeding info to Schefty in drips and drabs...

I can almost assure you, Brady does NOT leave the Pats without the NFL being a major participant in his decision to do so and pre-determining where he goes.

He, the NFL and the team already know where he's going.

did hackenberg hack this account?

1 hour ago, Green DNA said:

If he went somewhere else they would run whatever he told them to run.

40 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Pats would be 3-3-1 if you removed every offensive point they scored this season.

Belichick will kick our asses with whatever QB he trots out there until we have a big boy roster & coaching staff.

The Pats went 11-5 and narrowly missed the playoffs with Matt Cassell as QB.  Cassell only had one other good year in his NFL career -and that may be attributed to the fact he had Charlie Weiss as his OC that season in KC - otherwise he had been awful.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, deucebag said:

The Pats went 11-5 and narrowly missed the playoffs with Matt Cassell as QB.  Cassell only had one other good year in his NFL career -and that may be attributed to the fact he had Charlie Weiss as his OC that season in KC - otherwise he had been awful.

They also went 3-1 when Brady was suspended for cheating.

This reminds me of the time ESPN fabricated an entire news cycle because Mortensen said he thought Colin Kaepernick was the best QB in football. 

They do it with Stephen Smith opinions all the time too.  People must eat this BS up because it seems to be happening more and more on the world wide leader.

However, I'm somewhat surprised Adam Shefter is allowing himself them to damage his reputation as a news gatherer for this speculative nonsense. 

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

I'd think he stays unless....the Giants job opens up.

I really think Belichick has transformed the Patriots into a run-first, defense oriented football team.  Brady is great, but he isn't what he was even just 2 or 3 years ago IMO.  I would think that a good (not necessarily great) QB could still do enough on offense to keep the Patriots, as currently constructed, a playoff team.

BB is running to the Giants job after Brady retires

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Because Jimmy G is good.  See the 2019 49ers

I want to see BB make the playoffs without Brady

Jimmy G is good. The 49ers are as talented as any team in football. It's not just Jimmy G. Have you seen them play?

The Pats are not 7-0 this year because of Tom Brady. 

11-5 makes the playoffs almost every year. BB was very unlucky to not make it with Matt C as his starting QB. He would make it this year if Christian Hackenberg was his QB.