Let's review the season so far

Jetster

46 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Preseason- Lost our starting LB in Avery Williamson + Herndon Suspended + Copeland Suspended

1st game- Lost our starting MLB who we paid quite a handsome sum. 

2nd game- Find out our young QB (14 NFL starts) has Mono- lose our #2 WR Quincy for the year- Jenkins gets hurt, Quinnen Williams gets hurt- Beachum gets hurt- Seimien gets knocked out & we are down to Falk our 3rd string QB. 

3rd game- KO the left Guard is out, Henry Anderson out. Plus everyone that was lost in game 2.

4th game- like every year Brian Winters is limited in practice + everyone else is still out & we're playing with a practice squad QB, CB Hairston gets hurt. 

5th game- freaking miracle win with Sam back in action vs Cowboys, oh & Herndon coming off suspension is hurt running routes on his own & is out indefinitely without playing 1 down of live football. 

6th game- Pats play on TNF giving BB 11 days to prepare for the wounded Jets who are now down 8 Starters since camp, playing a rookie at LT, Winters is banged up again, surprise, surprise, Kalil is regressing with each game proving he should have stayed retired, Mosely is maybe 80%. 

7th game- Sam gets to play with his toenail ripped off, Mosely is doubtful & we have 11 players on the Questionable injury list.

Now mind you, this has all happened on a team that was picked a concensus 31st out of 32 teams based on roster talent BEFORE the season started. I've been a Jet fan since Namath & the last time I saw anything close to the bad luck & injuries this team has experienced this year was in 1986 when they started 10-1 and lost 3/4 of their defensive line & lost all 5 of their final games. 

This team was picked to win maybe 7 games if things went their way (Oline stays healthy) gives Bell some running room ect, protect Sam but none of that has come close to happening. This is a Frankenstein type of roster, sprinkled with some talent but very little & not in the important positions of LT, Center, CB, Edge rusher, #1 WR. The team is completely devoid in these areas). 

Our #1 CB has been targeted by every QB we've played, the coaches want to sit him & his 17 million dollar salary but we have absolutely no one to take his place & he's terrible. He's not even ranked in PFF top 40! 17 million! 

We started as a bottom 5 NFL team. After all of the injuries ect. we're easily bottom 3 and that will play itself out over the 7 weeks. This team has zero depth to overcome 1 or 2 injuries let alone the plethora of injuries they've incurred. We haven't played 1 game with the same starters at any position other than safety. Totally lost season 6 games in & 50% won't be here next year so other than praying this Oline doesn't get Sam Darnold killed, there is really nothing to root for. I'd be shocked if Leo & Robbie aren't traded unless the offers are ridiculously low. 2014 was rock bottom, we had zero talent. 2020? Almost rock bottom but, Bell, Mosely, Quinnen, Poole, Adams, Maye, Herndon, Williamson, Cashman, Hewitt, Copeland. Joe Douglas better be a miracle worker with the Oline, pass rusher, WRs, CBs. 

No wonder this guy asked for TIME & MONEY because he's gonna need it & some good luck.

TL;DR

But I did get the Cliffs Notes...

Jets are 1-5.

• Upvote 3

The only constant in the past decade has been hope that we have a good GM in place who will finally nail a draft. Next up, Joe Douglas.

i don’t care how many games we win at the end and it hurts our draft slot. Wherever it is just do it right. 90% of this board could’ve drafted better than the jets last experts. The ineptitude has been staggering. JD is the first blue chip GM, now it’s gotta happen sometime during our lifetimes right?

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, David Harris said:

The only constant in the past decade has been hope that we have a good GM in place who will finally nail a draft. Next up, Joe Douglas.

i don’t care how many games we win at the end and it hurts our draft slot. Wherever it is just do it right. 90% of this board could’ve drafted better than the jets last experts. The ineptitude has been staggering. JD is the first blue chip GM, now it’s gotta happen sometime during our lifetimes right?

man I hiope so

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm sorry, I hate this Ghost thing - it's a phrase used by NFL QB's....he was just on tape saying it.

But...that picture is F-in funny.

Trust me I know. Is what it is. But with what's happened to this team, I can only joke to stay sane. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The 1st game of the year was the death knell.  How could that be you ask?  It was a game this team HAD to win to have a legit playoff shot.  Once they blew that game and then Darnold going out it was season over.

U can go back to B4 that game & I felt the same way. Seeing a guy with Bells talent unable to do anything tells you just how badly Idzik & Macc ignored this Oline. The line is a dumpster fire ? and the sh*t finally hit the fan & ignoring it for 8 years finally bit their azz. Joe Douglas is our only hope. I wish him the best. 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Preseason- Lost our starting LB in Avery Williamson + Herndon Suspended + Copeland Suspended

1st game- Lost our starting MLB who we paid quite a handsome sum. 

2nd game- Find out our young QB (14 NFL starts) has Mono- lose our #2 WR Quincy for the year- Jenkins gets hurt, Quinnen Williams gets hurt- Beachum gets hurt- Seimien gets knocked out & we are down to Falk our 3rd string QB. 

3rd game- KO the left Guard is out, Henry Anderson out. Plus everyone that was lost in game 2.

4th game- like every year Brian Winters is limited in practice + everyone else is still out & we're playing with a practice squad QB, CB Hairston gets hurt. 

5th game- freaking miracle win with Sam back in action vs Cowboys, oh & Herndon coming off suspension is hurt running routes on his own & is out indefinitely without playing 1 down of live football. 

6th game- Pats play on TNF giving BB 11 days to prepare for the wounded Jets who are now down 8 Starters since camp, playing a rookie at LT, Winters is banged up again, surprise, surprise, Kalil is regressing with each game proving he should have stayed retired, Mosely is maybe 80%. 

7th game- Sam gets to play with his toenail ripped off, Mosely is doubtful & we have 11 players on the Questionable injury list.

Now mind you, this has all happened on a team that was picked a concensus 31st out of 32 teams based on roster talent BEFORE the season started. I've been a Jet fan since Namath & the last time I saw anything close to the bad luck & injuries this team has experienced this year was in 1986 when they started 10-1 and lost 3/4 of their defensive line & lost all 5 of their final games. 

This team was picked to win maybe 7 games if things went their way (Oline stays healthy) gives Bell some running room ect, protect Sam but none of that has come close to happening. This is a Frankenstein type of roster, sprinkled with some talent but very little & not in the important positions of LT, Center, CB, Edge rusher, #1 WR. The team is completely devoid in these areas). 

Our #1 CB has been targeted by every QB we've played, the coaches want to sit him & his 17 million dollar salary but we have absolutely no one to take his place & he's terrible. He's not even ranked in PFF top 40! 17 million! 

We started as a bottom 5 NFL team. After all of the injuries ect. we're easily bottom 3 and that will play itself out over the 7 weeks. This team has zero depth to overcome 1 or 2 injuries let alone the plethora of injuries they've incurred. We haven't played 1 game with the same starters at any position other than safety. Totally lost season 6 games in & 50% won't be here next year so other than praying this Oline doesn't get Sam Darnold killed, there is really nothing to root for. I'd be shocked if Leo & Robbie aren't traded unless the offers are ridiculously low. 2014 was rock bottom, we had zero talent. 2020? Almost rock bottom but, Bell, Mosely, Quinnen, Poole, Adams, Maye, Herndon, Williamson, Cashman, Hewitt, Copeland. Joe Douglas better be a miracle worker with the Oline, pass rusher, WRs, CBs. 

No wonder this guy asked for TIME & MONEY because he's gonna need it & some good luck.

Do you watch car accidents and do writes up them? 

3 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

well when you put it this way it's somehow better than i thought....

Right? At least no one is under some illusion JD can turn this around in 1 year. Mediocre is where we usually are, not now, we bottom of the barrel.

This season only seems worse since there was some hope with new coach, a potential FQB and a great RB but there is something sad about the way this years team gets beat

Even the bad Jets teams in the 80's put up some fight but this is more like quitting or maybe it's just the year on year compilation of suckage taking a toll (and that's on J&J)

The last year of Rex was a waste of time, nobody cared, the fitzmagic year was almost fun except how it ended (should have fired bowles for that Bills game, clearly over his head), and the following year the overpaid vets led this team down the toilet, low effort, infighting, poor play, the coach was clearly not in charge and the quit culture embedded (if we remember it was much worse than this year)

The toilet culture had 3 years and Gase does not seem to be charismatic or inspiring enough to break that culture, his draconian management seems to further drive morale down and the quit seems to increase so something has to charge if not the coach than the entire roster since 1 winning season in 10 with the next 2-3 years looking like the last 2-3 years is not fun to watch or play, appreciate the players who are working, Bell, Adams...  

14 minutes ago, rangerous said:

stellar coaching isn't going to overcome a paucity in talent.

I think Jet fans are completely missing how devoid of talent this team is at very important positions. 

You cant run an offense without a competent Oline. Just go back in history & look at top QBs who played behind injured Olines. Rogers almost got killed, Mahomes is getting hit too much now, Goff looked HORRIFIC until they put those veterans in front of him like Whitworth. 

The Jets have zero running game because the Oline is so bad. ZERO. That means DCs can dial up all kinds of blitzes. 

Then on defense we have ZERO CBs, and Zero Pass rushers. How the hell can you be successful. This roster is BADLY constructed. I want them to take their time & do it right through the draft, dabbling in free agency so as soon as Brady hits the wall they can compete in the AFC East. Stop with the instant gratification & allow Joe Douglas his 6 year contract to build a team in his image with a tough Oline like Philly had. Do that, add some stud offensive players & everything else will fall into place for Sam Darnold.