Which organization is run worse , the Jets or the Mets ?

I am not happy with either organization and went from full season ticket holder to plan holder to individual games for the Mets and full season ticket holder to occasional secondary market for the Jets.

All I can say for this year is that my baseball season lasted all the way to the last week or so. There are hopes for the future ... kinda. My football season ended after only a few weeks. I see no hope for any future at this time.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

They've won a WS and been to two others since the Wilpons owned the team.  The two aren't even close.

The Jets ownership are a disaster...

The Wilpons are cheap but not nearly as stupid

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

staubington.jpg

piazzagton.jpg

SAR I

Ha!

Nice pictures of a Colt '45/Astro/Expo and a Dodger in Jets uniforms. You have heard of Seaver and Koosman right?

(just kidding, L'Orange and Piazza were important and beloved Mets too)

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

They both disgust me, but the jets are far worse. 

The Wilpons at least try to kinda win, even if its an awful backwards ass way. Johnsons straight up dont care.

I disagree with the notion that the Johnson's don't care. They care, they just have no clue what they're doing.

They allow the GM to spend in free agency, they hired external consultants twice to assist with their GM/HC searches. They do try, they're just very lost.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ruby2 said:

They both disgust me, but the jets are far worse. 

The Wilpons at least try to kinda win, even if its an awful backwards ass way. Johnsons straight up dont care.

Under Woody the Jets never had 2 consecutive losing seasons.  The Jets made the playoffs 6 times since 2000, the Mets only 3 I believe (I guess 4 if you count making the WC playoff game).  The Mets operate like a small market team in the largest market in the sport that doesn't have a salary cap.

• Upvote 1

Probably the Mets.

Being in a big market isn't really a competitive advantage in the NFL. It's a massive competitive advantage in baseball. There's no excuse for the Mets not to be a consistently competitive team like the Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies, Dodgers, Cubs, etc.

Knicks still take the cake for worst org in NYC by a fairly large margin.

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Probably the Mets.

Being in a big market isn't really a competitive advantage in the NFL. It's a massive competitive advantage in baseball. There's no excuse for the Mets not to be a consistently competitive team like the Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies, Dodgers, Cubs, etc.

Knicks have been making smarter moves the past couple years

I got the jets at the bottom of the barrel

• Thumb Down 1

I really don't understand anyone saying the Mets are worse.  It really isn't even close.

At least the Mets have a logical strategy.  They draft and try to build a team around starting pitching (which is smart) if it works can carry a team for a long time.

3 years ago they had one of the brightest futures in MLB - took on some bad injuries and set them back a bit - but there is a plan that aligns with the realities of the league.  

Jets draft interior defensive players...

It's really not even close.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Under Woody the Jets never had 2 consecutive losing seasons.  The Jets made the playoffs 6 times since 2000, the Mets only 3 I believe (I guess 4 if you count making the WC playoff game).  The Mets operate like a small market team in the largest market in the sport that doesn't have a salary cap.

Since 2000, the Mets have been in two World Series. That alone makes them the Patriots compared to the Jets.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I really don't understand anyone saying the Mets are worse.  It really isn't even close.

At least the Mets have a logical strategy.  They draft and try to build a team around starting pitching (which is smart) if it works can carry a team for a long time.

3 years ago they had one of the brightest futures in MLB - took on some bad injuries and set them back a bit - but there is a plan that aligns with the realities of the league.  

Jets draft interior defensive players...

It's really not even close.

They are

You can buy championships in baseball.  No cap to worry about

See the Yankees

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This. I think you can't leave them out. Dolan makes all the other NYC franchises look competent by comparison, and his skin thickness might be rivaled in sports only by little Danny Snyder in DC. His treatment of ex players and the fans - if they cross him in any fashion - is just amazing.

On 10/25/2019 at 4:46 PM, section314 said:

Since 2000, the Mets have been in two World Series. That alone makes them the Patriots compared to the Jets.

Is a lot easier to make the WS than it is the SB.  They didn't win either one, they only won a game in each WS app.

4 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Is a lot easier to make the WS than it is the SB.  They didn't win either one, they only won a game in each WS app.

It’s easier to win in baseball because no salary cap plus literally all you have to do to be competitive is either draft a trade for good young pitching which Omar Minaya did several years ago

If you have 3 good to excellent young starting pitchers in baseball you are guaranteed at least a .500 record even if the rest of the team isn’t good