Report: Jets Looking to Deal Robby Anderson

JetNation

17 minutes ago, CTM said:

Ah come on, you act like this is cut and dry. This offense is talent poor with Anderson and is that much worse without him. Darnold spending the next 10 games running around and chucking the ball off his back foot all game harms him long term if only because it will represent a significant portion of his  entire experiance at the position. Kids got what 20 games at college, 1/2 of which were spent playing like a jack ass and 16 games as a pro? 

I'm on board for a 2 or 1, but I think it's there's a case to be made that a late 3rd round pick or lower doesn't recoup the value we lose in 10 games of bad experiance for Darnold. Not to mention that finishing out 4-12 might just net us a new offensive system next year as the fans will be howling for Gase's head.

I do believe Darnold can be a very good QB but I think odds are pretty low if he spends the next 10 games playing like sh*t

^This is some righteous speak, my doobie brother.

Anderson has been the 3rd or 4th option in this offense. DT and Crowder average more targets per game than him. Bell gets about the same as Robby (roughly 6 per). When Herndon comes back, who knows what will happen with the pass distribution.

Let's face it, Sam and Robby never really had great chemistry to begin with. Not like Robby had with McCown. Cut losses now, get a decent pick, and let's find a new weapon for Sam. I'd even look at stealing Burnett back from SF's PS. Those two seem to have good chemistry dating back to USC.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

55 minutes ago, CTM said:

Ah come on, you act like this is cut and dry. This offense is talent poor with Anderson and is that much worse without him. Darnold spending the next 10 games running around and chucking the ball off his back foot all game harms him long term if only because it will represent a significant portion of his  entire experiance at the position. Kids got what 20 games at college, 1/2 of which were spent playing like a jack ass and 16 games as a pro? 

I'm on board for a 2 or 1, but I think it's there's a case to be made that a late 3rd round pick or lower doesn't recoup the value we lose in 10 games of bad experiance for Darnold. Not to mention that finishing out 4-12 might just net us a new offensive system next year as the fans will be howling for Gase's head.

I do believe Darnold can be a very good QB but I think odds are pretty low if he spends the next 10 games playing like sh*t

It is cut and dry. The value of ten games of Robby Anderson is what the market says it is. Darnold can be good or bad with or without Anderson. Making like this is some kind of David Carr issue is mindboggling dumb. Keeping Anderson is more likely to mask deficiencies than trading him is to create them out of thin air.

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Pure nonsense. 

If he sucks over the next 10 games, there is a chance that: (A) We are in a position to draft his replacement and (B) His confidence gets destroyed

Not just words. This his his time to shine. If he plays anything like the way he played on Monday night down the stretch of this season, there is a decent chance he's not here two years from now. 

With that OL? Just put any QB behind that and see how low their ratings drop.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, tdoublee said:

Anderson has been the 3rd or 4th option in this offense. DT and Crowder average more targets per game than him. Bell gets about the same as Robby (roughly 6 per). When Herndon comes back, who knows what will happen with the pass distribution.

Let's face it, Sam and Robby never really had great chemistry to begin with. Not like Robby had with McCown. Cut losses now, get a decent pick, and let's find a new weapon for Sam. I'd even look at stealing Burnett back from SF's PS. Those two seem to have good chemistry dating back to USC.

Crowder hasn't scored a single point for the Jets so far.

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I do not think this is happening.  Especially if we win this weekend.

But if it were to happen, the team who gives up a 3rd for him is getting an absolute steal.  But it would be Jetsy to trade your best offensive player.

But he's not their best offensive player. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

It is cut and dry. The value of ten games of Robby Anderson is what the market says it is. Darnold can be good or bad with or without Anderson. Making like this is some kind of David Carr issue is mindboggling dumb. Keeping Anderson is more likely to mask deficiencies than trading him is to create them out of thin air.

Not create them, but accentuate and reinforce existing ones 

4 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

What's better going forward, Anderson on an extension or a draft pick on a rookie contract plus whatever the difference in cap space gets us in free agency? Does the likelihood that it's the latter suggest anything one way or the other about how the front office views Darnold?

It ignores the idea that there's any value to be gotten out of the remainder of the season re: his development, because, without Anderson, you're throwing him out there with not a single player who can get open.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

But if it were to happen, the team who gives up a 3rd for him is getting an absolute steal.  But it would be Jetsy to trade your best offensive player.

I didn't know Bell or Crowder were on the trade block.... 

Link please?

It's amazing that this team is so bad, that people think a middle of the road, dime a dozen WR is the best offensive player the jets have. 

Anderson would be a nice 3rd or 4th WR depth piece for a good team, he doesn't crack the starting lineup on many teams. And if the failed GMs of the past would have drafted properly, theres a chance he would never have made the team in the first place

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

It ignores the idea that there's any value to be gotten out of the remainder of the season re: his development, because, without Anderson, you're throwing him out there with not a single player who can get open.

There is value to be gotten out of the remainder of the season re: Darnold's development whether Anderson is here or not.

8 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

There is value to be gotten out of the remainder of the season re: Darnold's development whether Anderson is here or not.

I’m struggling with the idea that removing the only guy who can semi-consistently get open, isn’t a major handicap.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I’m struggling with the idea that removing the only guy who can semi-consistently get open, isn’t a major handicap.

We're already trying to semi-rationally compare the relative values of an unspecified draft pick vs the developmental value of the next ten games for Darnold with Anderson rather than without. The hysterics about how he's the only receiver who is ever open will not likely help much. But if it makes that much of a difference, shouldn't we also be considering shipping draft picks for rentals to make the rest of the season even more development-y? No, no we should not, and there's your answer.

This is the problem with Jet fans. We SHOULD BE trying to upgrade every position. I'm in the camp that if we get a #2 for Robbie sayanara. That 2 could be one of the new Olineman we need to protect Sam. 

Give Sam more time & a running game and WRs will get open. The issue with Robbie is his agent. When guys come up for free agency their agent bases his demands on his importance to the team. With the Jets Robbie's considered a #1 WR. If he was on the Falcons he'd be a 3 or 4. 

Like other Jet fans have said, if Sanu is worth a #2 to Belichick, Robbie is worth a #2 to a team with Super Bowl aspirations. I think JD knows this. To get a 3 which is closer to a 4 from a winning team is an insult. 

6 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

Get a 1, or a 2 and another late pick or two... If not, keep him.

I know I'm going to be upset in a few days when he's traded for a 4th. 

Its basically a free market.  Teams can bid for him.   For 2020, any draft pick and saved money the Jets get for Robby make the team better.  We are not signing Robby long-term.  

I think that the draft pick and money are worth more to the Jets and Sam than having Robby to throw to in the next 10 games.  But that is just me.

Let’s see how much he and Leo play on Sunday 

35 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

We're already trying to semi-rationally compare the relative values of an unspecified draft pick vs the developmental value of the next ten games for Darnold with Anderson rather than without. The hysterics about how he's the only receiver who is ever open will not likely help much. But if it makes that much of a difference, shouldn't we also be considering shipping draft picks for rentals to make the rest of the season even more development-y? No, no we should not, and there's your answer.

What do you think the chances are that Darnold busts? 

Robby is a complimentary #2 or even a #3 WR in this league.   With his speed, he should be utilized all over the field.  Slants, quick out, etc.  He's more of a one trick pony.  I would hate to take anyone away from Darnold but he can be replaced in the off season with someone that can provide more all around game. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, CTM said:

Cut and dried

8 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

The only thing he can catch is a bomb and how often does Sam have the time to throw one ?

This ^^^^^^.  I get we want Sam to develop and he needs people who can make plays on the throws.  The bottom line is he isnt going to develop when he is running for his life every play.  This offensive line blows and if we cant trade Robby for a serviceable offensive lineman or a pick that we can use to draft a good one, dont trade him.  Once again the Jets are going to fuc* up a kid that has every tool in the book because they dont value his protection.  Lets just hope he doesnt have some crazy injury while he is running horizontally for his life 50-70 yards each play.  

15 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He's a frickin rental.

26 minutes ago, CTM said:

What do you think the chances are that Darnold busts? 

Less than 10%, I still say the kid is special.  He's only 22 - you guys are a tough crowd.  Watch the replay - he was properly identifying the blitzes, the OL was not properly adjusting - probably because 1) they don't trust each other, 2) Kahlil and Winters are matadors 3) Shell wears cement shoes and 4) Edoga has no clue what he's doing.  You ride with Darnold next season and if he stinks hopefully we can set ourselves up to get Lawrence.   Win/win situation.