Report: Jets Looking to Deal Robby Anderson

JetNation

14 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

you'd think robby nutted in your (insert ~15 JetNation names here) mom's eye

yeah, replace robby with some slow white dude, that'll make Jetnation cream

A slow white dude that gets open, catches first downs and extends plays?

Anyway. Trading Anderson is stupid. Even without Crowder being injured especially with his history that leaves no one left to throw to expect RBs and crappy TEs.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

15 hours ago, Jetster said:

Next 10 games mean nada except keeping Sam healthy. 

NO

It’s not just about keeping him healthy. He has to show progress. The next 10 games are crucial to his development. I’d go so far as to say that, if he doesn’t play well against this relatively weak back half schedule, he most likely isn’t ever going to be the guy. 

A 4th round pick is simply not valuable enough to warrant taking away his best WR.

The tiny chance this offense has to occasionally be explosive is when Robbie gets deep. I’m not interested in giving that up for the rest of the season, unless I am getting a premium draft pick or another decent WR back in the trade.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, slimjasi said:

The problem is that the next 10 games are huge for Darnold going forward. 

You want him throwing to Crowder, a washed up DT, and Herndon (if he ever even plays again)?

I have no issue moving on from Robbie after the season (I think we will, anyway), but this offense needs all the help it can get over the last 10 games. 

Well, I think it would signifies at least 4 things. 

1- The Jets are not looking to make Robby an offer to bring him back next year 

2- They have decided that not only is there no hope for the playoffs but that there is no reason to make a push. Might as well start looking towards next year and bring in whatever draft assets they can for the turnaround in talent they plan on undertaking in 2020. 

3- Vyncent Smith will get some more opportunities. Maybe some other young receivers they have on PS. 

4- They don't believe Sams development hinges that much on Robby. Which I think is fair, he has not shown to be THAT dynamic of a receiver. 

I'm very surprised there is not a market for Robby at this point in the season. I get that he's a FA at the end of the year but if you are a contender, have any need whatsoever for a deep threat and haven't exhausted your draft capital I don't see why you wouldn't call JD and see what you can work out.  

1 minute ago, PepPep said:

I'm very surprised there is not a market for Robby at this point in the season. I get that he's a FA at the end of the year but if you are a contender, have any need whatsoever for a deep threat and haven't exhausted your draft capital I don't see why you wouldn't call JD and see what you can work out.  

I’m sure that there is but I wouldn’t hold my breath for a premium draft pick. 

I think a 4th rounder is the most realistic compensation 

Anderson will not shine this year because there is no time for the deep ball.  Personally would hate to lose RA. Good deep ball threat. Good hands. Would shine in a Rams or Packers offense. I say keep him if they can afford to. Hopefully with an upgraded line in 2020 Sam can get the ball to him.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

33 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

It’s ok, we are getting an extra 4th round draft pick!

Guaranteed rotational Defensive lineman incoming! 

Wouldn't be surprised if in the 4th JD would be drafting a second WR or CB. LOL. I think he will go after O-line early, then target CB and WR and probably double dip some of those three positions. Thats what the Eagles have been doing a lot of. Going after O-line, WR and CB in the draft and taking multiple WRs and CBs when the need and talent (in the draft) is there.   

I know a lot of Jet fans are down on JD right now b/c of the lack of moves to improve the team and his inability to right the ship but I feel we really need to give him some time to draft some of his own talent. I think the need at CB, WR and O-line is right in his wheelhouse.  

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I do not think this is happening.  Especially if we win this weekend.

But if it were to happen, the team who gives up a 3rd for him is getting an absolute steal.  But it would be Jetsy to trade your best offensive player.

He is not our best offensive player. For ef sake, what is your problem. 

18 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I do not think this is happening.  Especially if we win this weekend.

But if it were to happen, the team who gives up a 3rd for him is getting an absolute steal.  But it would be Jetsy to trade your best offensive player.

He is not our best offensive player. For ef sake, what is your problem. 

• Upvote 1

Darnold????  Hahahaha.  Im not even answering that.

Bell is good but hes not a threat to take anything to the house.  Hes a plodder.  A good one but your not staying up at night worried hes taking anything to the house.

Robby anderson isthe most explosive, dynamic playmaker we have.  He keeps coaches up at night.  

If he was on say the cheifs, hed be one of the brst players in the league.  He just doesnt and hasnt had a qb who can get him the ball on a consistant basis.

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

It’s ok, we are getting an extra 4th round draft pick!

Guaranteed rotational Defensive lineman incoming! 

Everyone here has emphatically stated trade him for a 2 or don't trade him at all if its a 4. a 3 will be almost a 4 because it will be a playoff team inquiring. 

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Darnold????  Hahahaha.  Im not even answering that.

Bell is good but hes not a threat to take anything to the house.  Hes a plodder.  A good one but your not staying up at night worried hes taking anything to the house.

Robby anderson isthe most explosive, dynamic playmaker we have.  He keeps coaches up at night.  

If he was on say the cheifs, hed be one of the brst players in the league.  He just doesnt and hasnt had a qb who can get him the ball on a consistant basis.

Yea, BB & Gilmore were sweating bullets, lol. 

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

Who on the Jets scored more TDs last year? No one.

Who on the Jets score more TDs in 2017? No one.

You seem like you might actually be retarded.

Anyone with even one brain cell would acknowledge that Leveon bell is our best offensive player.

Also best offensive player on the jets at wr = 64th best wr in the league.

https://whodatdish.com/2019/10/25/new-orleans-saints-robbie-anderson-available-target/

interesting

"...we don’t know is what the Jets are looking for in terms of draft capital.

We also don’t know what the Saints would give up for a player that may want more money than they’d be willing to give. The 26-year-old, if he knows his value, will be asking for a contract that’s over $10 million per year.

And, the Saints, if they’re smart, will let him walk. What’s a one-year rental worth for the Saints? Well, for New Orleans, the most they should give up is a third-round pick and even then they’d prefer not to give up more draft capital that’s above a fourth.

Anderson is a dream target for New Orleans, but as it stands, there are probably teams that’ll eventually one-up their offer. The Saints need a playmaker, but currently 6-1, they are going to break the bank for one."

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

https://whodatdish.com/2019/10/25/new-orleans-saints-robbie-anderson-available-target/

interesting

"...we don’t know is what the Jets are looking for in terms of draft capital.

We also don’t know what the Saints would give up for a player that may want more money than they’d be willing to give. The 26-year-old, if he knows his value, will be asking for a contract that’s over $10 million per year.

And, the Saints, if they’re smart, will let him walk. What’s a one-year rental worth for the Saints? Well, for New Orleans, the most they should give up is a third-round pick and even then they’d prefer not to give up more draft capital that’s above a fourth.

Anderson is a dream target for New Orleans, but as it stands, there are probably teams that’ll eventually one-up their offer. The Saints need a playmaker, but currently 6-1, they are going to break the bank for one."

Everyone is ready to hose the Jets.  They cant believe a player like this is being made available.  Puppet joe is being made a fool.  But this is the jets so its par for the course.

• Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Everyone is ready to hose the Jets.  They cant believe a player like this is being made available.  Puppet joe is being made a fool.  But this is the jets so its par for the course.

Why don't we let it play out before we give you the reins to the organization. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Thanks for making me laugh...this has been a tougher than usual Friday.

• Haha 1