Where are You as a Fan Now?

Where YOU now as a FAN?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. This is Where I am now.....

• This team sux and I hope they lose every game so Gase gets fired and we have a chance at the number 1 pick.
    • I will hope they win every game for the rest of the rest of the year, because I love my JETS and I am used to this.
    • I will just watch but I could care less, because I am worn out.
    • I won't watch this team and will rake leaves or anything else on Sunday.
    • I am a bottom feeding troll from another team and hope they lose.
    • I just want Sam to do well.

On 10/25/2019 at 3:02 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

I stopped caring a while ago. Seasons like this I give them maybe a quarter on Sundays, but otherwise I'm out. Life is short and I don't need to sacrifice 4 hours per week to a team that gives no sh*ts about me as a fan and more importantly no sh*ts about ever winning anything. As a whole the NFL kinda sucks now anyways.

I agree with this.  “Ek-specially” the last sentence.  Maybe if the Jets were any good I’d think differently but that’s never affected me loving football in the past.   

I’m seriously surprised at how bad the NFL has become. It feels almost un-American to me to not love football (or at least for me to not love it) but somehow the NFL butt-fumbled it away. 

• Upvote 1

This is my 50th year of fandom. I started going to every game at the age of 5 in 1970.  I missed the glory year.  Lol. Where am I as a fan.  Same sh*tty place I always am.  But I’ll never give up.  It sucks that we have a sh*t owner.  Maybe Douglas turns this franchise around. 

The Jets don’t have the same appeal to me any longer. I can be patient if there was a clear direction they are going in but to me they are just spinning their wheels. Another reason is overall the game is just not as good as it was way too many stoppages kinda made me ambivalent towards the sport in general 

• Post of the Week 1

The last time I legit had fun as a jet fan was 2013 when we were supposed to go 1-15 and instead went 8-8

2015 was statistically a good year but that team was such a fraud and Bowles absolutely blowing it week 17 just made everything suck

It’s been literal torture watching the jets ever since.  Not only does the team stink our owners are disgusting idiots who sicken me, management is inept and this team makes every dumb decision possible 

As bad as the Knicks they at least have talented young players like RJ Barrett, Alonzo Trier and Mitchell Robinson who are worth watching even as the L’s pile up at least I know these guys are young and are developing 

The only exciting young asset the jets have is Sam and Gase is ruining him

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

Were all in the same place we are every year. disappointed. unfortunately most of us are mentally challenged or gluttons for punishment. what I wouldn't do for a competitive rex ryan season right now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using JetNation.com mobile app

Rex gets annihilated on this site but at least he was a likeable guy who wanted to win

Bowles was an empty suit who cared about nothing and Gase is a pompous douche moron - Mangini but 10x more inept

• Upvote 1

If you take a step back you realize the hope wa that we could see the Jets start moving in the right direction this year was all based on the team staying semi healthy. Most predictions were in the 5-7 win range even from a Jet fans with some of us like me saying if we could get a good start & win the Bills & Browns home games maybe we get to 9 and a chance at a wildcard. 

But that was before Avery was lost, Herndon & Copeland were suspended, Mosely tore up his groin, Quincy went on IR, Sam got Mono, QW, Henry Anderson, Hairston, Beachum, KO all got hurt. This team was thin in depth B4 the season started. You can't lose 9 guys and expect to put in new offensive & defensive systems. You can't create continuity when every week you take 2 steps back with injuries to starting players. 

This team did not start out as beautiful 12 cylinder classic Jaguar with 3 cylinders out. It started out as 4 cylinder Fiat & it's already down to 2 cylinders 6 games into the season. There was a reason this entire board wanted Macc fired. The lack of interest from Idzik through Maccs tenure of ignoring the Oline has been discussed here ad nauseum. Along with missing on every WR pick in 8 years. The 1 guy that stuck was resigned for millions even though he has a fused vertebrae. 

At this point I have very little interest in the team as whole, Darnold is the only player I really care about and I just want him to get through the season alive until JD can figure out how to get enough guys in here to protect him. Best case scenario, Sam plays well enough to keep us in games, we lose a lot of games & Joe Douglas ends up in a spot in the draft that's coveted by a team looking for a QB. This team needs draft capital. And as fans we can only pray that Joe Douglas is the savior we've been waiting for. As far as Gase? I feel sorry for him. No coach in the NFL was dealt a worst hand then this. He was 1 healthy CJ Mosely away from winning his home opener & the wheels fell off, the engine blew up, We skidded off the road into a tree & bodies have been strewn everywhere. I've never seen anything like it & ive been a fan of this team since the Super Bowl. The bright side is that on ones fooled by mediocrity anymore, this team flat out STINKS without its starters healthy. 

On 10/25/2019 at 3:02 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

I stopped caring a while ago. Seasons like this I give them maybe a quarter on Sundays, but otherwise I'm out. Life is short and I don't need to sacrifice 4 hours per week to a team that gives no sh*ts about me as a fan and more importantly no sh*ts about ever winning anything. As a whole the NFL kinda sucks now anyways.

Yup - honestly, I think feeling I have is that when the Jets do win a championship at some point, I probably won’t care at all by then.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Holy crap - someone actually understands this! 

You know the team is suck when we’re arguing about grammar

Is It 'Could' or 'Couldn't Care Less'? 

Can you care fewer?
Last Updated: 21 Aug 2019

What to Know

Merriam-Webster treats the phrases couldn't care less and could care less as synonymous, both meaning "not concerned or interested at all." "Couldn't care less" is the older and more obvious phrase grammatically, but it has been confused for so long that both are now defined. Additionally, the example sentence "it's impossible that could care less" is the same as the intended meaning.

Season is all but lost but as long as we are not technically out of the playoffs I am rooting for the Jets to win every game and for EVEYONE to do well. 

After the Cowboys game a lot of fans were saying we might just beat the Pats, go on a run and make a push for the playoffs. AFTER the Pats game, fans are saying the Jets will be lucky to win 4 games. Has one game the Jets were expected to lose anyway really changed season expectations that much? Point is, I'm still rooting for the team to win and not tank for a high draft pick. I think they will still end up with 7 wins this season once all is said and done.  

Man I don’t know...  the last eight years outside of some bright spots in 2013 and 2015 have been awful.  Since 2015, I cannot believe a full day of my life has been spent watching the Jets lose in mostly horrible fashion to the Patriots. BTW I moved to NorCal in 96 and have had the ticket every year since Penny’s breakout season in 2002.  I’m dedicated to watching more Niners football this year because I love the game, can get behind those guys, and they play it well.  I’m embarrassed by my own enthusiasm for this team especially after the royal fakeout  that preseason was.  This was a long post to say Ugh they probably won’t even get to the big game in my lifetime.