Crowder Injured Knee in Practice Today

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/jets-injury-update-wr-jamison-crowder-limited-on-thursday-with-knee-injury/311284018

When the Jets released their updated injury report on Thursday, there was one new name on the list.

The addition was wide receiver Jamison Crowder, who popped up as a limited participant in Thursday's practice due to a knee injury. Crowder was not among the injured players that head coach Adam Gase mentioned before practice, meaning the injury must be a brand new one. 

Crowder leads the Jets this season in both receptions (32) and receiving yards (298). In his first season with Gang Green, Crowder seems to have quickly developed a rapport with Sam Darnold. In the three games Darnold has started this season, Crowder has collected 24 of his 32 catches and 223 of his 298 receiving yards. If he is unable to play on Sunday. Crowder's absence could be a significant one against the Jaguars' defense.

Meanwhile, Darnold was a full participant with his toe injury a day after not practicing at all. Another good sign for the Jets came in the form of center Ryan Kalil, who was limited after not practicing Wednesday with elbow and shoulder injuries. 

5 minutes ago, FollowMe said:

If it wasn't obvious last year it should be this year. We need more talent at WR a lot more.

It was my single biggest concern headed into the season. (I incorrectly thought the OL would be average)

I knew our WRs weren't close to good enough and I was worried about Enunwa (who was grossly overrated by Jets fans even when healthy) getting hurt. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

It was my single biggest concern headed into the season. (I incorrectly thought the OL would be average)

I knew our WRs weren't close to good enough and I was worried about Enunwa (who was grossly overrated by Jets fans even when healthy) getting hurt. 

Injuries hasn't helped the issue either. The worry I have with this staff is they don't know how to develop WR. When he was in Miami, I recall any young WR flourishing under Gase. Landry was their best and he was traded by Gase.

10 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I never understood how anyone could think enunwa is/was a good player. Robby is also extremely overrated by some on this board. He's a good 3rd or 4th wr. But he's our #1, which is the problem

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

37 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

More like haunted with all the ghosts. 

Forget what you think of Sam and what type of player he'll become. You have to admit, he's become a constant source of amusement(?) to help us get through another year of watching a bad team play. 

Last year we had the walking boot jokes. This year began with the mono jokes, which I thought would be hard to top. Not for him though. It took good old Sam 1 week back playing to make ghosts the most popular meme in football.

In fact, the ghost thing is so popular, nobody is even bothering to go with any stubbed toe jokes, although he gave us that opportunity the next morning.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3

This sh*tshow is 100% on the Johnson brothers for allowing Nitwits to run their billion dollar investment! 

Every bad decision since Idzik/Bowles/Macc has finally been magnified this year. You can't go 10 years drafting & your best player is a f*cking SAFETY? WTF! Not 1 stud Olineman, not 1 stud CB, zero pass rushers, not 1 stud offensive skill player! 10 YEARS! That's 9 years picking HIGH IN THE DRAFT! 

Also not 1 free agent signed in 9 years has had any impact. Bell & Mosely were good free agent signings because these 2 are top 10 at their positions. 

9 years, young stud offensive players, zero free agent stud players until this offseason with Bell & Mosely. Go look at every single team with a bad record this year other than the Jets & you'll find at least 1 stud draft pick. Us older guys were screaming to get Terry Bradway out of here but that guy was twice as competent as Idzik & Macc put together. It's really hard to believe that owners of a company like the NY Jets could be WORSE than Leon Hess was but we're going on 10 years now of a clown show! 

Im praying Joe Douglas can right this ship. He's got the pedigree but does he have the fortitude to do it right & not fall into the instant gratification that these owners love? 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Crowder got hurt.  Sounds like a good day to start aggressively shopping Robby Anderson.

the naked gun facepalm GIF

something people also don't consider in the "trade robby" camp. Say you get 3rd or 4th round pick for him. There is no guarantee that that pick turns out to be what people are assuming. Most people are assuming that pick becomes a starting Olineman or the edge rusher we have been missing for decades. the truth is that pick has more of a chance of not making it than turning into a serviceable player, which robby is - if the offense could start clicking he is more than just serviceable.

12 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Durability has been a problem for Crowder.  It was in Washington.  People forgot already, he was hurt in Jets training camp also.

This shouldn't be a surprise to anybody. 

Precisely - and that is why he was not a good signing (at least I was not happy with it).

9 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I'm willing to wager that Robby will be better over the next 4 years than whoever the Jets take in the 3rd or 4th round .  Utterly stupid to trade Robby.

which is exactly why i want them to do it...   it'll be grand to observe Robby's success..

.maybe even with a REAL NFL QB  not the pathetic sh*t the Jets trot out there

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

I'm willing to wager that Robby will be better over the next 4 years than whoever the Jets take in the 3rd or 4th round .  Utterly stupid to trade Robby.

Dont wait on it, the Robby bashers are far too cowardly to actually out their money where their pie hole is...