Remember when?

The NY Jets would have been in much better shape had they picked all offense in the draft the last 8 years & signed everyone else in free agency for the defense. There is not 1 outstanding defender that was drafted over the last 8 years on this Jet team, NOT ONE!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

The NY Jets would have been in much better shape had they picked all offense in the draft the last 8 years & signed everyone else in free agency for the defense. There is not 1 outstanding defender that was drafted over the last 8 years on this Jet team, NOT ONE!

Agreed, I keep saying this...

we need to draft offense and only offense.   I feel like you can piece together a defense - scheme a defense much more than you can offense.

When all's said and done I would rather lose 35-30 every week than 17-10...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

we need to draft offense and only offense.   I feel like you can piece together a defense - scheme a defense much more than you can offense.

Pats are a perfect example. They moved McCourty to Safety & paid him TOP SAFETY money which isn't TOP CB money. Then they let Revis walk & grabbed Gilmore who is now in a groove of BBs defense. Van Noy? Cast off. Hightower? Draft pick, Chung? He left & came back. Winovich? We picked Polite instead ?. Jets had chances at many, many stud offensive players where they picked, like Maye instead of Cooks. Never took any Olineman, disgusting really. Would have been nice to finally land Darnold & have an INSTA-TEAM around him like Mahomes walked into. 

10 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I wish we lose 17-10. It’s more like 33-0. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

The Jets didn’t get the memo, that it’s an offensive league. Instead we like to spend top 5 picks every year on run stuffing Dlinemen. 

Mo Wilkerson.

Quinton Coples

Sheldon Richardson.

Leonard Williams.

Quinnen Williams.

Defensive minded HC baby!

Never did get that. You’d expect a defensive HC to overload on offensive talent to compensate for his lack of experience there. Good defensive guys don’t need first rounders at every position to field a credible defense. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

Defensive minded HC baby!

Never did get that. You’d expect a defensive HC to overload on offensive talent to compensate for his lack of experience there. Good defensive guys don’t need first rounders at every position to field a credible defense. 

Look at these other beauties..

Dee Milliner.

Calvin Pryor.

Darron Lee.

I’d actually fire a GM, during a Draft, if I owned the Jets and he passed me those cards.

• Sympathy 1