Jets still angry over Jaguars running up score

If the oline and coaches don’t figure out the blocking scheme the Jags are going to keep pressure on Darnold (and the Allen fan club will be putting him in the HOF) and make it for a long day. 
Stop Fournette, run toward the OLBs, use a TE or RB to bump Allen to through off his speed and he’s nullified, dink and dunk them until something opens over the top and control the ball. Jacksonville is a very beatable team if Gase calls and prepares a good game. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's not their job to take pity on us.  It's our job to stop them.  This is a pro sports league.

And while I completely understand the Jets being upset about the Jags seemingly "rubbing our noses in it" (and wanting to use that as motivation), I still think it's embarrassing that our players are publicly saying it.  

It’s not about pity, it’s about respect for your opponent. Teams and players are going to have bad games. Going out of your way to embarrass them when the game is sealed is bush leuage. Again, I defend the pats for playing hard for 60 no matter the score. This is different- by trying to score they actually reduced their chance to win- they could have fumbled/given jets a nano chance. Mathematically their best chance to win was to just take they knee. The two pointer- Marronne admitted that it was wrong- not sure how anyone can defend that. If I’m a fan, I don’t even want my players defending the play,  not worth risking injury. This place has lost all ability to be objective, kind of exhausting.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, nico002 said:

It’s not about pity, it’s about respect for your opponent. Teams and players are going to have bad games. Going out of your way to embarrass them when the game is sealed is bush leuage. Again, I defend the pats for playing hard for 60 no matter the score. This is different- by trying to score they actually reduced their chance to win- they could have fumbled/given jets a nano chance. Mathematically their best chance to win was to just take they knee. The two pointer- Marronne admitted that it was wrong- not sure how anyone can defend that. If I’m a fan, I don’t even want my players defending the play,  not worth risking injury. This place has lost all ability to be objective, kind of exhausting.

Awww. You got beat bad? Make a stop. Stop them from scoring. This mentality is a direct result of not keeping score in games as a child or getting participation trophies. No killer instinct. You can't get pissed off at the other team for having it. The Jets need to stop complaining and make a damn stop when it counts. Instead of celebrating a stop late in the 4th qtr down by 3 touchdowns. It's a loser mentality. image.png.ac8d82c73b66efbab39b257f50e709d7.png

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

If Trumaine Johnson plays, Chark and Dede will run it up again.

I still can't believe Macc signed this guy, lol. Omg. WE NEVER EVER LEARN WHEN IT COMES TO SIGNING FREE AGENTS! 

At least Bell & Mosely are top 10 at their position. Bell was just luck based on him holding out, we overpaid Mosely but when healthy he's a great player. With Trumaine, I don't think he's lazy, he just sucks now. Definitely the worst free agent signing by the Jets in a decade!

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Awww. You got beat bad? Make a stop. Stop them from scoring. This mentality is a direct result of not keeping score in games as a child or getting participation trophies. No killer instinct. You can't get pissed off at the other team for having it. The Jets need to stop complaining and make a damn stop when it counts. Instead of celebrating a stop late in the 4th qtr down by 3 touchdowns. It's a loser mentality. image.png.ac8d82c73b66efbab39b257f50e709d7.png

Ok so.. you’d be cool with a fake kneel bomb when up 30? Cause it’s the same thing

17 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Ok so.. you’d be cool with a fake kneel bomb when up 30? Cause it’s the same thing

Dude make a stop. Stop them from embarrassing you. You can't cry because some other team competes until there is no time left on the clock. Grow a pair.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

Cry baby jet players. If you don’t like it, stop it.

I’m waiting for the day we have a team good enough to run up on teams. I have no issue with other teams doing it. Every snap on game or practice is chance to improve your team. 

This ABSO-FREAKIN-LUTELY

Losers love to whine about anything and everything

• Upvote 3

"If you don't like it, stop it"

STOP.   

If it were that simple to stop something you didn't like then we would be the best team in the league.  Easier said then done.  It was a bush league move. 

Want revenge?  Get a big huge lead and start taking a knee with 3 minutes left in the game. :) 

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

If the oline and coaches don’t figure out the blocking scheme the Jags are going to keep pressure on Darnold (and the Allen fan club will be putting him in the HOF) and make it for a long day. 
Stop Fournette, run toward the OLBs, use a TE or RB to bump Allen to through off his speed and he’s nullified, dink and dunk them until something opens over the top and control the ball. Jacksonville is a very beatable team if Gase calls and prepares a good game. 

Josh Allen was the obvious choice, but Maxwell House thought he was the smartest GM in the league.  

I honestly wish the Jets would just shut the f*ck up about this.

(A) nobody outside of Jet and Jag fans even remembers that game last year. It was two irrelevant teams playing a boring, non-competitive game. Nobody cares.

(B) What good does it do the Jets to discuss this in public before the “epic” rematch? The most likely scenario is that the Jags stomp us again and are in a position to run it up . . . Again. I sense more embarrassment incoming. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I honestly wish the Jets would just shut the f*ck up about this.

(A) nobody outside of Jet and Jag fans even remembers that game last year. It was two irrelevant teams playing a boring, non-competitive game. Nobody cares.

(B) What good does it do the Jets to discuss this in public before the “epic” rematch? The most likely scenario is that the Jags stomp us again and are in a position to run it up . . . Again. I sense more embarrassment incoming. 

I agree completely. I personally don’t like how the Jets match up against the Jags. Their D front 4 is pretty nasty and that will spell trouble for the Jet O-line once again. Add blitzing to that and it will be another long day for the Jet O. Gase better re-design plays to get the ball out in 2-3 seconds if the air game is to have any success. If the Jags start getting beat on the dink and dunk they might call off the dogs (LBs and Safety) from the blitz then the Jets might be able to take some shots downfield. Bringing the house seems to be working against the Jets so I would expect that to continue. They also need Bell to have a big game which we have not seen yet.

• Upvote 1

Professional athletes crying about running up the score.  The hits keep coming.  My god.

You know what was more embarrassing?  Blake Bortles mic'd up laughing at the Jets on the sidelines on his way to 380 yards, telling guys that's the easiest touchdown you'll ever score, calling his shots on TD passes before the snap and during a timeout, literally telling the D to stop playing man and play zone and sit on the crossing routes.