Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TuscanyTile2

Jets still angry over Jaguars running up score

Recommended Posts

I've no problem with that. I'd rather they be fired up by something at this point. Apparently playing for pride isn't doing anything for them.

Happens all the time in sport. People say they're motivated by being beaten in a particular way last time they played.

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the oline and coaches don’t figure out the blocking scheme the Jags are going to keep pressure on Darnold (and the Allen fan club will be putting him in the HOF) and make it for a long day. 
Stop Fournette, run toward the OLBs, use a TE or RB to bump Allen to through off his speed and he’s nullified, dink and dunk them until something opens over the top and control the ball. Jacksonville is a very beatable team if Gase calls and prepares a good game. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The jags will romp on these cry baby jet players mines bell. This team stinks. They yapp and dance way too much for the amount of wins they have over the past few years and the amount of ass whooping they take.

  • Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's not their job to take pity on us.  It's our job to stop them.  This is a pro sports league.

And while I completely understand the Jets being upset about the Jags seemingly "rubbing our noses in it" (and wanting to use that as motivation), I still think it's embarrassing that our players are publicly saying it.  

It’s not about pity, it’s about respect for your opponent. Teams and players are going to have bad games. Going out of your way to embarrass them when the game is sealed is bush leuage. Again, I defend the pats for playing hard for 60 no matter the score. This is different- by trying to score they actually reduced their chance to win- they could have fumbled/given jets a nano chance. Mathematically their best chance to win was to just take they knee. The two pointer- Marronne admitted that it was wrong- not sure how anyone can defend that. If I’m a fan, I don’t even want my players defending the play,  not worth risking injury. This place has lost all ability to be objective, kind of exhausting.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, nico002 said:

It’s not about pity, it’s about respect for your opponent. Teams and players are going to have bad games. Going out of your way to embarrass them when the game is sealed is bush leuage. Again, I defend the pats for playing hard for 60 no matter the score. This is different- by trying to score they actually reduced their chance to win- they could have fumbled/given jets a nano chance. Mathematically their best chance to win was to just take they knee. The two pointer- Marronne admitted that it was wrong- not sure how anyone can defend that. If I’m a fan, I don’t even want my players defending the play,  not worth risking injury. This place has lost all ability to be objective, kind of exhausting.

Awww. You got beat bad? Make a stop. Stop them from scoring. This mentality is a direct result of not keeping score in games as a child or getting participation trophies. No killer instinct. You can't get pissed off at the other team for having it. The Jets need to stop complaining and make a damn stop when it counts. Instead of celebrating a stop late in the 4th qtr down by 3 touchdowns. It's a loser mentality. image.png.ac8d82c73b66efbab39b257f50e709d7.png

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

If Trumaine Johnson plays, Chark and Dede will run it up again.

I still can't believe Macc signed this guy, lol. Omg. WE NEVER EVER LEARN WHEN IT COMES TO SIGNING FREE AGENTS! 

At least Bell & Mosely are top 10 at their position. Bell was just luck based on him holding out, we overpaid Mosely but when healthy he's a great player. With Trumaine, I don't think he's lazy, he just sucks now. Definitely the worst free agent signing by the Jets in a decade!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should be drug-tested and have their balls measured with calipers to document downward size trends. Rising estrogen levels is a common side effect of anabolic steroid aromatization, and the Jets’ veterans are displaying classic traits of excessive woman-hormones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Awww. You got beat bad? Make a stop. Stop them from scoring. This mentality is a direct result of not keeping score in games as a child or getting participation trophies. No killer instinct. You can't get pissed off at the other team for having it. The Jets need to stop complaining and make a damn stop when it counts. Instead of celebrating a stop late in the 4th qtr down by 3 touchdowns. It's a loser mentality. image.png.ac8d82c73b66efbab39b257f50e709d7.png

Ok so.. you’d be cool with a fake kneel bomb when up 30? Cause it’s the same thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Ok so.. you’d be cool with a fake kneel bomb when up 30? Cause it’s the same thing

Dude make a stop. Stop them from embarrassing you. You can't cry because some other team competes until there is no time left on the clock. Grow a pair.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

Cry baby jet players. If you don’t like it, stop it.

I’m waiting for the day we have a team good enough to run up on teams. I have no issue with other teams doing it. Every snap on game or practice is chance to improve your team. 

This ABSO-FREAKIN-LUTELY

Losers love to whine about anything and everything

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"If you don't like it, stop it"

STOP.   

If it were that simple to stop something you didn't like then we would be the best team in the league.  Easier said then done.  It was a bush league move. 

Want revenge?  Get a big huge lead and start taking a knee with 3 minutes left in the game. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

If the oline and coaches don’t figure out the blocking scheme the Jags are going to keep pressure on Darnold (and the Allen fan club will be putting him in the HOF) and make it for a long day. 
Stop Fournette, run toward the OLBs, use a TE or RB to bump Allen to through off his speed and he’s nullified, dink and dunk them until something opens over the top and control the ball. Jacksonville is a very beatable team if Gase calls and prepares a good game. 

Josh Allen was the obvious choice, but Maxwell House thought he was the smartest GM in the league.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Josh Allen was the obvious choice, but Maxwell House thought he was the smartest GM in the league.  

9 GMs disagree with you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly wish the Jets would just shut the f*ck up about this.

(A) nobody outside of Jet and Jag fans even remembers that game last year. It was two irrelevant teams playing a boring, non-competitive game. Nobody cares.

(B) What good does it do the Jets to discuss this in public before the “epic” rematch? The most likely scenario is that the Jags stomp us again and are in a position to run it up . . . Again. I sense more embarrassment incoming. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I honestly wish the Jets would just shut the f*ck up about this.

(A) nobody outside of Jet and Jag fans even remembers that game last year. It was two irrelevant teams playing a boring, non-competitive game. Nobody cares.

(B) What good does it do the Jets to discuss this in public before the “epic” rematch? The most likely scenario is that the Jags stomp us again and are in a position to run it up . . . Again. I sense more embarrassment incoming. 

I agree completely. I personally don’t like how the Jets match up against the Jags. Their D front 4 is pretty nasty and that will spell trouble for the Jet O-line once again. Add blitzing to that and it will be another long day for the Jet O. Gase better re-design plays to get the ball out in 2-3 seconds if the air game is to have any success. If the Jags start getting beat on the dink and dunk they might call off the dogs (LBs and Safety) from the blitz then the Jets might be able to take some shots downfield. Bringing the house seems to be working against the Jets so I would expect that to continue. They also need Bell to have a big game which we have not seen yet.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

So then make a stop if you’re so upset. 

Not quite the point

Marone being a jilted azzwhole is, and that it was a twat move

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So our owners CEO let Manish Mehata convince us not to get one coach (who kicked our ass) and then let peyton manning make a late phone call to convince us to hire another coach.

What could go wrong?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So our owners CEO let Manish Mehata convince us not to get one coach (who kicked our ass) and then let peyton manning make a late phone call to convince us to hire another coach.

What could go wrong?

Fine Amazon Prime Video GIF by Made In Heaven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Professional athletes crying about running up the score.  The hits keep coming.  My god.

You know what was more embarrassing?  Blake Bortles mic'd up laughing at the Jets on the sidelines on his way to 380 yards, telling guys that's the easiest touchdown you'll ever score, calling his shots on TD passes before the snap and during a timeout, literally telling the D to stop playing man and play zone and sit on the crossing routes.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you don't like it, do something about it.  Funny how Leo running his mouth again.  I guess his feelings were hurt.   This game is so important in regards to Gase and the team still playing hard for him since basically playoffs are a stretch now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, New York Mick said:

9 GMs disagree with you

Lot's of GM's make mistakes.  None made mistakes at a higher rate than Mike Maccagnan.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...