5-5 Jets in November?

kevinc855

6 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Beat the jags, dolphins, giants and redskins and you are 5-5 with a home game against Oakland coming up.

This is not a totally implausible scenario is it? 

If we were totally healthy it would be a good possibility. We are no where near healthy. Jags are gonna crush is. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, EdReed22 said:

Leonard williams aka sissy cat is a lazy jag. He only cares about the money. Please don't sign him to a big deal. Fatousaki has had more plays made than Leonard has this year even philips is better than him. 

WTF does this have to do with this topic?

9 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Beat the jags, dolphins, giants and redskins and you are 5-5 with a home game against Oakland coming up.

If the OL can improve it's a real possibility. But I feel like that's a big if. 

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

This is a very bad football team right now and it's only gotten worse with even more injuries.

This is a 3 win team - we'll be picking in the top five yet again.

So how do you explain the fact that the Jets would be 3-3 today if we didn't lose our best defensive player, our quarterback, and the backup quarterback for the first month of the season?

The Jets are a 3-3 team that's been crippled by three injuries (Darnold, Simiean, Mosley) that no team in the NFL could overcome.  From that lens, the Jets are quite capable of the 6-1 or 5-2 run that's sitting right there for the taking against the Jaguars, Dolphins, Giants, Bengals, Raiders, Dolphins, and Redskins.

If you're this upset about an expected loss to the Patriots, how upset are you going to be when we're sitting at 7-6 with 3 games left to play?

SAR I

Oh  no we are superbowl winning team with  bad luck and injuries that no other team in the league has.

What utter nonsense.

Other teams have lost ilbs and qbs and are down to 2nd and 3rd stringers and they are managing to perform okay if not better.

We stink and the excuses come out.

The team is 1-5 and full value for that record.

So how do you explain the fact that the Jets would be 3-3 today if we didn't lose our best defensive player, our quarterback, and the backup quarterback for the first month of the season?
The Jets are a 3-3 team that's been crippled by three injuries (Darnold, Simiean, Mosley) that no team in the NFL could overcome.  From that lens, the Jets are quite capable of the 6-1 or 5-2 run that's sitting right there for the taking against the Jaguars, Dolphins, Giants, Bengals, Raiders, Dolphins, and Redskins.
If you're this upset about an expected loss to the Patriots, how upset are you going to be when we're sitting at 7-6 with 3 games left to play?
SAR I

I don’t necessarily disagree. I mean there’s simply no way to know what their record would be - but they would be measurably better without the injuries.

With that, the injuries did, in fact, happen.

Look at all the What-if’s you want but it won’t change the fact that, as I stated, this is a very bad football right now.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

24:25:31

26 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don’t necessarily disagree. I mean there’s simply no way to know what their record would be - but they would be measurably better without the injuries.
With that, the injuries did, in fact, happen.
Look at all the What-if’s you want but it won’t change the fact that, as I stated, this is a very bad football right now.

Yes, the injuries happened.  They are real.

But the team is still the same.  So when the pieces return, the team will improve.  That's why we were able to beat Dallas.  The Patriots game was going to be a humiliation no matter what, we are a rebuilding team that has added some strong free agent pieces, we're not a championship team for years.

The next 7 weeks we finally get to play a) teams at our level b) with our franchise quarterback.  So we should win a bunch of games here.  And we should see Sam take strides.  And we should see Adam roll out a more sophisticated offense.  So we should see Le'Veon rattle off some 100 yard games.  And then everyone will get that 6-10 to 8-8 record they all predicted despite the mess of the first six weeks.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes, the injuries happened.  They are real.

But the team is still the same.  So when the pieces return, the team will improve.  That's why we were able to beat Dallas.  The Patriots game was going to be a humiliation no matter what, we are a rebuilding team that has added some strong free agent pieces, we're not a championship team for years.

The next 7 weeks we finally get to play a) teams at our level b) with our franchise quarterback.  So we should win a bunch of games here.  And we should see Sam take strides.  And we should see Adam roll out a more sophisticated offense.  So we should see Le'Veon rattle off some 100 yard games.  And then everyone will get that 6-10 to 8-8 record they all predicted despite the mess of the first six weeks.

SAR I

Except the one team we actually beat, and by a close margin was also playing with half it's OL out.  The bottom line is that every game going forward will be a challenge. There are no easy wins in the NFL, the Jets have been literally blown off the map by all but two teams they've faced, and there is nothing to suggest that they should suddenly turn it around. Mosley is out, Herndon is out, the OL is terrible, the secondary is terrible, and Darnold is developing hiccups in the face of relentless pressure. This is truthfully a 3-4 win team at best.

On 10/25/2019 at 8:36 AM, kevinc855 said:

Yeah the best we can do is tie all of them if the D can post shutouts. Our offense ain’t scoring sh*t. 

On 10/25/2019 at 9:36 AM, kevinc855 said:

The Jags game will tell a lot. That seems to be the hardest one of the bunch you listed.

• Upvote 1

On 10/25/2019 at 10:40 AM, slimjasi said:

It’s not implausible per se, but it’s probably not going to happen.

For one thing, Jacksonville’s defense is absolutely capable of embarrassing this offense.

I could see us scoring 3-10 points on Sunday. And, if we somehow did win this game, I’d almost expect Miami to get their first win against us. 

Thats what we thought going into the Dallas game

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The jags are sub .500 for a reason.  They are not a good football team.  If we cant beat the jags, we should pack it in and focus on getting the best pick in the draft.

They are gonna blow ya da fuq outta town

Gase is lost

12 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Thats what we thought going into the Dallas game

The game is winnable, but I think their front 7 poses huge problems for our offensive line. 

I thought the Dallas game was winnable because I figured the team would get a big emotional bounce from getting Sam back. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Except the one team we actually beat, and by a close margin was also playing with half it's OL out.  The bottom line is that every game going forward will be a challenge. There are no easy wins in the NFL, the Jets have been literally blown off the map by all but two teams they've faced, and there is nothing to suggest that they should suddenly turn it around. Mosley is out, Herndon is out, the OL is terrible, the secondary is terrible, and Darnold is developing hiccups in the face of relentless pressure. This is truthfully a 3-4 win team at best.

2 of five on the OL isnt half.

Everyone plays with a few inuries, we were missing integral parts of the team all year.  Mosely is a HUGE loss.  He's missed 4.5 games and should never have played a week ago, he wasnt ready.  

Point is we showed we could play well, Sam could take over a game.  If you can do it once, you should be able to do it again.  We should be able to turn it around because when Mosely is back, with Herndon etc, we have more talent than most of those teams.

This team has been completely non competitive in all but two games this year. I don’t at all see how anyone could now except a four game winning streak. Not saying winning this game is impossible- but they certainly better have a plan to stop the blitz- also Sam cannot be near as reckless as last week. He also needs to tuck it down and run a few times. If he’s still scared about the spleen he shouldn’t be in there. Take a sack if you need to- stop chucking it up. If Sam does that their chances will be better.

On 10/26/2019 at 2:17 PM, SAR I said:

SAR I

You really need to open your eyes. This team is absolutely terrible. What’s the excuse this time?

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

2 of five on the OL isnt half.

Everyone plays with a few inuries, we were missing integral parts of the team all year.  Mosely is a HUGE loss.  He's missed 4.5 games and should never have played a week ago, he wasnt ready.  

Point is we showed we could play well, Sam could take over a game.  If you can do it once, you should be able to do it again.  We should be able to turn it around because when Mosely is back, with Herndon etc, we have more talent than most of those teams.

And their #1 receiver, Cooper. You're an eternal optimist, I'm not. This team is frankly pretty bad. So they get a fluke win. It doesn't translate to a 4 game win streak. They have been literally embarrassed pretty much all year. But keep hoping if that floats your boat.