Simple Question: In your opinion will Sam become a FQB

johnnysd

Will be Sam Darnold be a franchise QB?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. YES or NO..take a stand

I voted no because I don’t think he will for us. We already screwed it up and he will be leaving if there isn’t a miraculous turnaround of this roster by next year (year 3). I think Sam has all the talent to be a great QB but we screwed up the timing by not having the roster in place (despite having 3 whole drafts prior and needing offensive positions) and unless we drastically turn things around, he will head for the hills come FA and gamble on himself. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I voted No.

Not because I do not believe in the potential and talent Sam Darnold possesses.  He has that potential, to be a legit FQB.

Because I simply do not believe in the Jets Organization's ability to take the raw clay that is Sam Darnold, and mold it into a franchise QB.

Notice the question didn't stipulate with the Jets?😎 What the hell are you on the site for now anyway? Don't you have something a little more important to do this evening?  Go Nats.

• Upvote 1

I'll settle for him being able to set his feet and stop throwing while his footwork is all over the place. I know it can be a positive at times, but his technique and fundamentals need a lot of cleaning up. I'd say at this point chances are 60/40 with 60 being no. 

I said, "No". I don't think it's because of his lack of ability though. I think the deck is stacked against him. Gase is not the offensive genius he's made out to be. However, by the time they move on from the Gase disaster, his rookie deal will be ending and the offense will be in a similar place as Gase's offense has always been and Sam will be in "backup Qb" mode for the rest of his career. 

Given a mediocre offensive coordinator, he could be a perennial top 10 QB aka franchise QB. Unfortunately, there's too much bad around him and "development" is more important than talent. 

30 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I voted no because I don’t think he will for us. We already screwed it up and he will be leaving if there isn’t a miraculous turnaround of this roster by next year (year 3). I think Sam has all the talent to be a great QB but we screwed up the timing by not having the roster in place (despite having 3 whole drafts prior and needing offensive positions) and unless we drastically turn things around, he will head for the hills come FA and gamble on himself. 

Watch him sign with NE and trigger a mass of suicides in the JetNation fan base.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I think it depends on what you define as a "franchise" QB. I think he will develop into an above average starter who will be our quarterback for a long time. So, if that's a "franchise" guy, the yes. If we're talking "will he be an elite QB who is a perennial pro-bowler/MVP candidate" then then that's a much taller ask and while I think he has that potential I'm way less confident he gets there. 

I’ve already seen him hit throws that NO “above average” QB can make.  Can he do it consistently?  That’s the major question.

This sh*thole so-called “organization” sure IS NOT helping him out.

So the jury should be out for quite awhile, because you can’t fix this dumpster fire known as the NY Jets quickly...and by then he very well might high tail it out back to the West Coast as soon as his contract is mercifully over. 

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'll repeat.  Wow.

Who, would you say, are the 20 starting NFL QB's Sam Darnold is clearly better than right now, today?

Dak Prescott
Jared Goff
Andy Dalton
Jameis Winston
Kyler Murray
Matthew Stafford
Gardner Minshew
Lamar Jackson
Joe Flacco
Baker Mayfield
Derek Carr
Teddy Bridgewater
Case Keenum
Josh Allen
Jimmy Garoppolo
Marcus Mariota
Daniel Jones
Kyle Allen
Mitchell Trubisky
Ryan Fitzpatrick

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Dak Prescott
Jared Goff
Andy Dalton
Jameis Winston
Kyler Murray
Matthew Stafford
Gardner Minshew
Lamar Jackson
Joe Flacco
Baker Mayfield
Derek Carr
Teddy Bridgewater
Case Keenum
Josh Allen
Jimmy Garoppolo
Marcus Mariota
Daniel Jones
Kyle Allen
Mitchell Trubisky
Ryan Fitzpatrick

November 24, 2019 you will see why this is a joke.

51 minutes ago, CTM said:

This is surprising? I'm more surprised he didn't say 29 out of 32 teams

I'm surprised all of you didn't say 29/32 teams. Jets fans predictably grasping at dicks to rationalize nothing being anybody's fault despite the fact that the team is 1-5. Next year when they're still sh*t and still don't have a quarterback, it will be by popular demand.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

I love it, ask this question after his worst game ever knowing that 90% of fans live for the moment.

Honestly I think that's a great time to ask the question.  It's tests how much you believe in the guy.  I'm a believer and voted "yes" but I guess we'll find out in a couple of years.

• Upvote 1

Sam has all the tools so I voted Yes. He has shown he can get it done to the extent I believe he can play the position at this level. Will he be able to survive until he has an OL and competent skill players around him? That is the question. He can't do it by himself and his talent will only take him so far. My belief in Gase is not strong at all. I never wanted the guy in the 1st place and now you can see why. He gets some time because of what he inherited talent wise but they must surround Sam with young players he can grow with on offense and sprinkle in a mix a veterans to get the job done. If Macc had signed the two OL in FA last off-season I bet we are having a different conversation about Sam.

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

Dak Prescott
Jared Goff
Andy Dalton
Jameis Winston
Kyler Murray
Matthew Stafford
Gardner Minshew
Lamar Jackson
Joe Flacco
Baker Mayfield
Derek Carr
Teddy Bridgewater
Case Keenum
Josh Allen
Jimmy Garoppolo
Marcus Mariota
Daniel Jones
Kyle Allen
Mitchell Trubisky
Ryan Fitzpatrick

Mariota HAHAHAHAAHA  that is the funniest sh*t I ever seen 

2 hours ago, nico002 said:

I’ll be at that game.  Not sure how you think that pathetic defense will stop anything.

A pathetic jet offense .   You aren’t stopping the Raider offense.  A top five offense line( first time all year their starting five on the offense line will play together .  Raiders have been able to run it against any NFL defense this year, and they have three top Te’s.    

You  skated trying to address which Qb is better.  What are you basing your answer why Sam Darnold is better than Derek Carr.  What stat are you using to support your position.   There isn’t anything S Darnold has done better than Carr.  Just because you say it 100 times does it make it right.      When Darnold puts up better numbers than Carr than make that point.  Right now your position is a joke.

Sam *is* a FQB surrounded by 6 years of the worst GM performance in the history of the NFL. Zero talent combined with zero effort - this roster sucks butt.

We'll need three years to rebuild this team and I believe we have the right people - Gase and Douglas - running the show.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Yes

Monday nights showing was putrid, but the kid has literally everything you want in a franchise QB.

There were always going to be growing pains with Darnold. The f*cking guy had only played 3 seasons at the position before the Jets drafted him. His senior year in HS and the 20 games he played at USC. He was a LB/WR before that.

He didn’t grow up playing QB since he was 7 years old like a bunch of these guys.

The dude was the savior just 5 days ago and now after one sh*tastic performance against a defense that is trending towards being the best to ever step on a football field, this fanbase wants to throw him on the trash heap. It’s beyond stupid.

Beyond Stupid... what a great name for a punk band! Or it could even be the name of one of those VHS tapes they would put out after the season in the Jets tent at Hofstra LOL!  Beyond Stupid: The story of the 2019 New York Jets