Simple Question: In your opinion will Sam become a FQB

JohnnyLV

Will be Sam Darnold be a franchise QB?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. YES or NO..take a stand

6 minutes ago, nico002 said:

You must have been asleep when he completely outplayed Prescott a week ago...

Because how good a player is is based only on a single cherry picked game?

How did Darnold and Prescott compare last week?

Cherry pick 5 minutes, you could make anyone "better" than anyone else.

Oh, I forgot, this is the same forum who claimed Darnold was better than Brady because of something something vs. Buffalo. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, August said:

28/40, 70% completion, 278 yards those were Dak’s numbers. I wouldn’t say Darnold “outplayed” Dak. 

Without his Elite #1 WR.

Darnold was missing....Herndon.  Another player Jets Fans have inflated to all-time-great status without any actual support for it yet.

• Upvote 1

For anyone who is saying Sam is a bust or will never amount to anything after his performance Monday night please see the following examples:

1.  John Elway 10th career start - 13 of 34, 143 yards, 0 TDs, and 4 INTs

2.  Eli Manning's 16th career start - 47% completion 1td 4ints

3.  Troy Aikman 17th career start - 9-25 61 yards 0 tds 2 ints

Playing QB in the NFL is actually hard and takes time to learn.  Yes there are guys like Aaron Rodgers or Rusel Wilson who never struggle as Pro players but the vast majority of QBs have awful games.  

Sam has showed good accuracy and elite pocket presence.  He has also showed bad mechanics and poor decision making.   Just as any young QB would.  He absolutely has the traits to be an excellent, franchise QB, hopefully he gets the structure around him to put those traits together.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Because how good a player is is based only on a single cherry picked game?

How did Darnold and Prescott compare last week?

Cherry pick 5 minutes, you could make anyone "better" than anyone else.

Oh, I forgot, this is the same forum who claimed Darnold was better than Brady because of something something vs. Buffalo. :rolleyes:

You are cherry picking the pats game in the other direction

lions

colts

broncos

texans 

packers

cowboys 

thats 6 games with ELITE top 5 QB production... at 21/22. With objectively a bottom 5 supporting cast...

He’s has 2 games at the other side of the spectrum... 

6 vs 2... which is more likely to be true

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Without his Elite #1 WR.

Darnold was missing....Herndon.  Another player Jets Fans have inflated to all-time-great status without any actual support for it yet.

Wait... so Prescott can only be evaluated when he has his elite #1 receiver? Darnold doesn’t get that benefit ?

Darnold has played 16 games so the sample sizes are small.

hes gone head to head against

stafford

luck

watson 

rodgers 

prescott 

he’s outplayed or been exactly equal in against all of them 

At his age/experience you want to see that he can play at an elite level. He’s proven that in spades. Now it’s about building consistency through continuity and experience.

Some of you guys are clueless 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, nico002 said:

And you live in a homer fantasy world if you think Darnold, today, is a top 10 NFL QB.

I mean ffs, you just said you think he's as good as Aaron Rodgers?  Because he "outplayed" Rodgers?

Come one dude, get real.

1 minute ago, nico002 said:

Wait... so Prescott can only be evaluated when he has his elite #1 receiver? Darnold doesn’t get that benefit ?

Darnold has played 16 games so the sample sizes are small.

hes gone head to head against

stafford

luck

watson 

rodgers 

prescott 

he’s outplayed or been exactly equal in against all of them 

At his age/experience you want to see that he can play at an elite level. He’s proven that in spades. Now it’s about building consistency through continuity and experience.

This guy doesnt really like darnold.  He just wants to believe his team finally has a real qb.  

If josh allen or lamar jackson was our qb, hed be spouting off how great they are and how much better they are then darnold.

Just like anyone who thinks gase is good. They dont really believe that.  They have tricked themselves into thinking this.  If gase was coaching another team w/ these results, theyd be laughing at him.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

And you live in a homer fantasy world if you think Darnold, today, is a top 10 NFL QB.

I mean ffs, you just said you think he's as good as Aaron Rodgers?  Because he "outplayed" Rodgers?

Come one dude, get real.

Never said that. But darnold has shown that he has the ability to go toe to toe with the best NFL QBs 

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This guy doesnt really like darnold.  He just wants to believe his team finally has a real qb.  

If josh allen or lamar jackson was our qb, hed be spouting off how great they are and how much better they are then darnold.

Just like anyone who thinks gase is good. They dont really believe that.  They have tricked themselves into thinking this.  If gase was coaching another team w/ these results, theyd be laughing at him.

Of course.

If we had Josh Allen, and he played and produced exactly what he has for Buffalo, but for us, and Darnold had done exactly what he did for us but for Buffalo,  the very same posters here would be saying Allen is a top 10 franchise QB, and Darnold would be the butt of endless Mono and Ghost and worse jokes.

It's why posters like Nico simply cannot be taken seriously.  To him, every Jets player is the best player ever.  Darnold is not the first one Nico has gone full bore bestest eva on here.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Correct.  Hes tricked himself into believing it.  But we can all see right through him.  He is less confident in darnold then we are.  He is overcompensating with the bravado and outrageous posts.

Its basic psychology.  Nico is less confident that darnold will be a franchise qb then anyone on this board.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Of course.

If we had Josh Allen, and he played and produced exactly what he has for Buffalo, but for us, and Darnold had done exactly what he did for us but for Buffalo,  the very same posters here would be saying Allen is a top 10 franchise QB, and Darnold would be the butt of endless Mono and Ghost and worse jokes.

It's why posters like Nico simply cannot be taken seriously.  To him, every Jets player is the best player ever.  Darnold is not the first one Nico has gone full bore bestest eva on here.

Correct.  Its embarrassing really.  You can see right through these posters but they think they are svengali and have people fooled.  This nico dude is so worried about darnold and its so obvious.  Too funny.

Just now, Warfish said:

Of course.

Nice, so now you’ve devolved into hypotheticals about what I would say in an alternate reality. Get lost

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Never said that. But darnold has shown that he has the ability to go toe to toe with the best NFL QBs 

Sam Darnold is currently the 31st QB Rating QB in the NFL, with only Rosen worse than him.

Sam Darnold was the 31st QB Rating QB in the NFL in 2018, with only Rosen and Josh Allen worse than him.

But you.....you think he is, today, one of the 10-12 best starters in the NFL.

So tell us Nico, when will the 10th best QB in the NFL put up 10th best QB in the NFL production?

For the record, thats about:  68% Comp Rate for 4,200+ Yards, 30+ TD's and under 10 INT's, with a QB Rate of ~107.

When will we see some actual, tangible, Top 10 production from out "Top 10" QB?

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Sam Darnold is currently the 31st QB Rating QB in the NFL, with only Rosen worse than him.

Sam Darnold was the 31st QB Rating QB in the NFL in 2018, with only Rosen and Josh Allen worse than him.

But you.....you think he is, today, one of the 10-12 best starters in the NFL.

So tell us Nico, when will the 10th best QB in the NFL put up 10th best QB in the NFL production?

For the record, thats about:  68% Comp Rate for 4,200+ Yards, 30+ TD's and under 10 INT's, with a QB Rate of ~107.

When will we see some actual, tangible, Top 10 production from out "Top 10" QB?

Yes today. He can’t have the stats if he’s only played 3 games... give it a season

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Yes today. He can’t have the stats if he’s only played 3 games... give it a season

The problem here is that if the top 10 QB stats don't materialize, and they likely won't, you will just to blaming Oline, Wr's or Gase. I'm not sure why anyone engages you in this debate, it's not winnable.

I hope you're right, but in the meantime I'll goof on you :)

23 hours ago, nico002 said:

At 22 Darnold is already the best player on the team. If that doesn’t make you a “franchise” QB I don’t know what does. I think people confused franchise QB with 1st ballot HOF. They are different things. Darnold is easily the best QB we have had in my lifetime, if that doesn’t make him a franchise QB I don’t know what does.

But hes not the best player on the team.   PFF does all the anytical break down for you ... your fan boyisms dont have to cloud your reality

I really want to know who was the genius that green-lit Sam being mic'd up on Monday Night Football, against the number one defense in the league, against the best HC of all time (who is notorious for chopping up young QB's) with 11 days to prepare.

Was it Douglas? Gase? CJ?

If we had a real media that's a question we would have an answer to.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I really want to know who was the genius that green-lit Sam being mic'd up on Monday Night Football, against the number one defense in the league, against the best HC of all time (who is notorious for chopping up young QB's) with 11 days to prepare.

Jets fans: Darnold is a franchise quarterback, eventual hall of famer, and possibly a wizard

Also Jets fans: Darnold needs to be handled like a premature newborn with cholera

On 10/25/2019 at 3:32 PM, Losmeister said:

For me, has more to do w/ 16 games started....     body of work....

Aint our fault Sammy shat hisself on MNF....      i mean, those were 4 absolutely horrible passes

i am not sure i have seen 4 passes of such low quality in one game before...  not one had even 1% chance that 

our team would even TOUCH the ball, much less catch it..

How about Geno???

• Haha 1

On 10/25/2019 at 3:35 PM, Warfish said:

I voted No.

Not because I do not believe in the potential and talent Sam Darnold possesses.  He has that potential, to be a legit FQB.

Because I simply do not believe in the Jets Organization's ability to take the raw clay that is Sam Darnold, and mold it into a franchise QB.

It's a new day and the guys running this team are *not* the same old Jets morons we've had in the past. Put the instant gratification on hold and enjoy the ride while Gase and Douglas build a contender.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

My money is someone on the business side with CJ's permission gave the OK. There was no upside on this move and I believe Gae and Douglas were against it. We'll never know.....

• Upvote 1

Sam appears to have all requisite tools to be a franchise QB. The way I see it for Sam to realize that potential the talent around him has to get better. That way with is ability he can lift good players to be even better therefore the team gets better and he in turn becomes the Franchise Quarterback we have been waiting for 

On 10/25/2019 at 4:40 PM, jbone said:

I'll settle for him being able to set his feet and stop throwing while his footwork is all over the place. I know it can be a positive at times, but his technique and fundamentals need a lot of cleaning up. I'd say at this point chances are 60/40 with 60 being no. 

I agree with most of this, except I'd go 60/40 YES. That said, I'm going franchise QB on the level of Andy Dalton at best. An average QB on a bad team who sticks in the league for 10 + years or so via a second contract.

The poor fundamentals at this stage (midway through his second year) are alarming. I'm waiting to see todays game before I answer the poll though.

Why? One game normally shouldn't carry a lot of weight, but Darnold was so bad Monday I think he's at a tipping point. He needs to show a willingness to step up in the pocket and stop looking skittish back there and throwing off his back foot. He needs to change the narrative from the "ghost" game. The crowd is going to be all over him today.

If he can rise above it and play well, I'll be impressed. If he looks anywhere near as bad as he did Monday, it's time to start worrying about this kid's psyche.

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Jets fans: Darnold is a franchise quarterback, eventual hall of famer, and possibly a wizard

Also Jets fans: Darnold needs to be handled like a premature newborn with cholera

I get it...but it's just an unforced error - this organization seems to make too many of them.

There was no upside.  

• 11 months later...