Robby Anderson Poll

Dcat

Robby Anderson Poll  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Scenario: I'd really like to know the pulse of the whole JN board.  Not just us loudmouths.  Please vote.   For the purposes of the poll, lets assume a 3rd round pick from a team in need who needs to win now (mid to lower 3rd).   If that's the offer, do you pull the trigger next week (making week 8 Robby's last game as a Jet)?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/30/2019 at 05:00 AM

There are extreme sentiments on both sides here.  I am on the sign Robby side, FWIW.  I have never started a poll before so sorry if I am getting it wrong. We've heard from all the people who have extreme views either way on this.  Lets get a blind poll going.  I'd really like to know the pulse of the whole JN board.  Not just us loudmouths.  Please vote.  

For the purposes of the poll, lets assume a 3rd round pick from a team in need who needs to win now (mid to lower 3rd).  

If that's the offer, do you pull the trigger next week (making week 8 Robby's last game as a Jet).

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

In my opinion, Since the team that trades for Robby will be able to get a 4th in compensatory pick back, barring everything that goes with that. Anything less then what Denver got for a guy coming off Achilles injury is too low... 

You can't assume anything about comp picks. It all depends on the number of UFA losses vs gains and salaries.  

• Upvote 1

It's a gray area only because of Darnold's development.

He still has 10 live games left. If that development gets much worse for the last 10 games (which for him is 10 of his 13 games for the season) then I'd keep him but it's not a slam dunk.

Anything in round 2 - which no one's going to offer - is a no-brainer.

If Darnold's long-term (or even next year) results will be unaffected - either because he won't be any better or any worse next year without him this year - then honestly I'd take anything instead of having to tip-toe around qualifying UFAs come March. He's such a young player it's hard for fans, who only get to see him on the field once a week, to judge. 

I was more in favor of extending him instead of Enunwa when that news hit in late Dec last year, given the team's leverage over RA at the time that could allow all sorts of if-this/that clauses for behavior/suspension and incentives, plus a lower base contract in general, but we're not there anymore. 

Thinking more as I'm typing this out, at this point yeah I pull the trigger if that's the top deal we get by the cutoff. This season is over from a playoffs standpoint. Sam's either good or he's not, and 10 more games of Robby Anderson in 2019 isn't going to make him a bad QB if he would have otherwise been good. Hopefully Herndon comes back by next week anyway, and with this sorry OL Gase & Darnold should be working the short game more with him & Bell anyway. Find some other speedster to do wind sprints on the field with no attempt to him on 90% of Darnold's drop backs. 

32 minutes ago, Dcat said:

You can't assume anything about comp picks. It all depends on the number of UFA losses vs gains and salaries.  

I know... but better built teams get Comp picks each year... I am not saying the Jets are getting a Comp, pick because clearly they won't but a better team absolutely could. Or at least factor into other loses to cancel out other loses... Most teams that trade for RA have that possibility... Even with all that I think RA is worth a 2nd- high end 3rd

I am a loud mouth but I voted anyways.

I actually voted no.  The problem is knowing what he can be resigned for.  That is the issue for me.  If his new contract is reasonable it is better to keep a deep threat wr even if that is his main attribute.   We could every well just use that pick to draft the next ardaruius stewart.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I am a loud mouth but I voted anyways.

I actually voted no.  The problem is knowing what he can be resigned for.  That is the issue for me.  If his new contract is reasonable it is better to keep a deep threat wr even if that is his main attribute.   We could every well just use that pick to draft the next ardaruius stewart.

This year's WR class is deep and the GM is not Macc.  Let's have some optimism and say Douglas will draft a superior WR to Anderson.  What then?

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Or at least get a 3 and a 5 out of them....

Meh. Make them offer you a two. He’s got a rare talent and has the ability to change a football game on any given down, and teams know it. The worst case scenario is that you’re forced to keep him and you have to pony up a 3 year/$30 mil deal. Best case, Dallas or the Raiders hand you a two and you go on your merry way. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Ohhthepain said:

2nd round pick or higher or resign him

I actually think it's a 1st or resign him.

Let's ask ourselves..

1) What are the odds of a 2nd round pick being better than Robby? (not likely)

2) What the heck are we going to spend the money on? What other offensive weapons are we going to find in FA that's going to be better than Robby?

Let's ask ourselves..
2) What the heck are we going to spend the money on? What other offensive weapons are we going to find in FA that's going to be better than Robby?

1. If that 2nd rounder is an OL, chances are it’ll be much more valuable than Robby. And there are lots of talented WR in this draft.

2. Offensive Line. Last I checked we need at least 3 new ones.

17 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Let's ask ourselves..

I see your first point.

Second point Maybe not technically a "weapon" but I'd take a capable talented young O lineman over Robby. One that would improve both the run and the pass game. Having Robby rn almost doesnt matter since our line is a trainwreck and Robby doesnt have any time to get open

I thought they should hold out for a first but they won’t get it. Emmanuel Sanders and Sanu got less compensation and they’re both better wide receivers than Robby. If they had him under contract for next year I wouldn’t do it but he might leave anyways I’d take the 3. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I thought they should hold out for a first but they won’t get it. Emmanuel Sanders and Sanu got less compensation and they’re both better wide receivers than Robby. If they had him under contract for next year I wouldn’t do it but he might leave anyways I’d take the 3. 

Robby has 13 td last two years, Sanu and Sanders have 15 COMBINED...

ignore list