Give Gase a Chance

1 hour ago, Reynolds1029 said:

Unpopular opinion here... Gase and Williams were in a no win situation vs Belichick. Belichick couldn't beat Belichick with the holes on this roster. Our CBs would have trouble starting for Alabama, Mosley is a ghost and hurt the team when he was in and Cashman is promising but still too inexperienced to face an offense run by a HOFer. The D line is so fat and slow and can't collapse Brady's pocket and force him to make bad decisions. 

We will win at least 6 games down the stretch because we can hide our roster deficiencies vs other bad teams. We can't fool Belichick with our weaknesses. 

Joe has his work cut out for him! 

It’s one thing to get beat by Belichick, it’s another to get utterly humiliated.  There is no defense for Gase last Monday and I was one for giving him a chance.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

Jets fans who think keeping Gase will in any way help the Jets' situation:

Rapinoe.thumb.jpg.c04fc474bfb04844eabace

I keep asking this question and no one wants to answer it: you fire Gase tomorrow and let Gregg Williams finish out the season. Then you look for a new head coach. How do you try and sell the Jets job to that coach? You can’t you end up like the Bengals, hiring the Rams receivers coach. Nobody worth their salt is taking this job after doing Gase like that.

• Post of the Week 2

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The one thing that angers and terrifies Jets fans more than anything else is having a smart person come into the job and say, “this organization stinks and I’m going to fix it, but it will take some time.” They much prefer to have idiot grifters blow smoke up their asses and tell them that the team is great, they’re great, everything is awesome, and we’re going to win every game. They don’t even care about the wins and losses. They just want their heads patted like a golden retriever.

image.png.1869a63925283abd12884df5f6c43140.png

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I keep asking this question and no one wants to answer it: you fire Gase tomorrow and let Gregg Williams finish out the season. Then you look for a new head coach. How do you try and sell the Jets job to that coach? You can’t you end up like the Bengals, hiring the Rams receivers coach. Nobody worth their salt is taking this job after doing Gase like that.

The Johnson’s will never offer the job or pay anyone worth hiring anyways. 

44 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Nothing says "Come join us in the NFL, Lincoln Riley!" like firing your offensive-minded head coach after one season.  A season where he lost his first and second string quarterbacks during the grueling part of his schedule.

What Jets fans don't understand is that Todd Bowles was the "best we can do" candidate.  We are lucky to have Adam Gase here.  Lucky.  But like Jets fans, they take everything good and ruin it for themselves.  Because Mets.

SAR I

Drugs are a bad thing. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I'm not saying you're wrong on that point on candidates, but on the flip side, giving Bowles 4 years netted the Jets friggin Gase in the first place, so what the hell difference did it make? A dice roll on an unproven commodity still has better odds than sticking with a known failure.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

For the record, it's an unpopular opinion here on Pity Party Defeatist Victim SOJF social media, but not out in the real world.  In the real world, everyone knows the curveball thrown at Gase, he's not responsible for 1-5.

The season starts Sunday.  10 games for Darnold and Gase to prove they can work together, 10 games for Williams to continue to inspire a deficient defense, but this time against teams we are on an even playing field with.  We've just run the gauntlet.  The easy part of the schedule is upon us, finally.  The pathetic Bills went 5-1 against these cripples, now its our turn.

SAR I

No the season started last month, the team was totally unprepared in 5 of 6 loses. That is not player not executing only that is the coach failing miserably in his job.

So we are supposed to coach on how well he does in game she should win, sorry but I dont buy the opinion. You judge anyone on how they handle adversity and how they come back from it. And gase has failed that test already.

By your theory dont ask a drunk about his drinking issue till he goes to AA and is already fixing that issue? or a bum about finances till he wins the lottery.

8 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I'm not saying you're wrong on that point on candidates, but on the flip side, giving Bowles 4 years netted the Jets friggin Gase in the first place, so what the hell difference did it make? A dice roll on an unproven commodity still has better odds than sticking with a known failure.

Belichick was a “known failure.” Parcells was 3-13 his first year with the Giants. The Jets ended last season with a bottom-three team and they got worse this offseason under Maccagnan. Gase hasn’t inspired anyone so far, but I don’t think we’d be in any better shape with an unproven commodity at the helm right now. Look around at what first year coaches are doing right now. They all suck.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

43 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I cant tell who would be available but the facts are there are 32 jobs in the NFL someone would want it, how do you get a good coach  sell the job? you pay for them in this case I would say over pay to get the guy you want. It is pretty obvious this argument is flawed because how long did the Cards last coach lasted? I am not saying Kliff is going to be great but they got the guy they wanted same with the Bengals.

As far as doing gase like that? like what exactly if you fail to perform as player you get cut if you or I fail to perform at our job we get fired they are not concerned about the next guy? why should you handle a failure at the coaching position any differently? Because of perception? That can spun any way you want but currently the perception is the coach is doing a poor job and team is dramatically under-performing. Unless you are watching a different game then the rest of us how can you be happy with the product? I am not saying we should 4 and 3 but in the games they lost the offense gase's specialty has looked like a hot steaming mess

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I thought you were going to make the case that gase should be given a chance, but you dont mention the offense at all, that is what he is coaching. You are taling about the def that has played alot better than their talent. 

No mention of the lost off gameplan, completely predictable and terrible play calls and coached players. throw out pats game - which you shouldnt but lets just throw it out - game after game without a pass past the line of scrimmage, first downs, TDs. etc etc.

You wan tto give gase a chance out of the goodnewss of your heart, a chance mind you after all the other chances  - ok. But at least say what it is. Just the goodness of your heart because Gase is not in a no win situation, he has a young talent QB one of the best backs to ever play the game and he sucks.

The roster just as much of a dumpster fire on offense as it is defense. But solid defense beats New England. You only need a ball control offense with a strong running game to beat them, how do you think we beat them in the past? Certainly wasn't due to our past QBs.....

But if the defense is getting slaughtered on the first drive you minus well pack your bags because you aren't out scoring NE. Which is why the Chiefs lost last year btw. They couldn't get just one stop. 

Belichick finds our weaknesses and exploits them. The O line never stood a chance and Sam couldn't read the different looks they were disguising and I can't blame him when he was constantly being put on the ground or has a man in his face when he's throwing the ball. 

Beating NE is a pipe dream with the way this team is built even if we had Peyton Manning under center. 

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Belichick was a “known failure.” Parcells was 3-13 his first year with the Giants. The Jets ended last season with a bottom-three team and they got worse this offseason under Maccagnan. Gase hasn’t inspired anyone so far, but I don’t think we’d be in any better shape with an unproven commodity at the helm right now. Look around at what first year coaches are doing right now. They all suck.

Again the The whole BB was a failure is misconception you do realize he was 11-5 and went to the playoffs the yr before they moved which was announced mid season the next yr and the team quit.  the team was 4 and 3 at that point.

Now for Parcells how were his loses did his team under perform or look ill-prepared like the jets offense? because that also needs to be taken into consideration You also realize that in two of those lost games in 83 they lost by 15 points every other game was closer. So if you are going to put out wins and loses as a basis you should put into context the games themselves and the scores.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Unless you can conclusively prove that he was the mastermind behind Ryan Tannehill's ACL and Sam Darnold's mononucleousis, then Adam Gase is merely the victim of bad luck and his talent as an offensive mind, supported by Peyton Manning, is as yet indisputable.

SAR I

I can show his final record, part of being a coach is dealing with injuries they dont cancel games because people are sick or injuries the coaches job is to find and identify and train talent. The Gms job is to get the  type of players that the head coach, if there is a shortfall on talent esp in Miami it is on Gase, here in first yr I would give him a slide but the talent he has identified has been horrid and I have no faith that he could find a player if he had rock and through it at a football team.

Kicker issues he had those guys in camp

back up qb injuries happen but the kid he brought with him from miami who was on their squad last yr was horrid and gase did nothing to help him.

The Oline we have no adjustments when they are faced with issues. Nothing is doneto adjust in play calling to help.

That is coaching his job is to players into position to succeed has gase even come close to that as a head coach?

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I brought this up at the time of the hire, every second-time success of a head coach has had yeeeears between their first and second jobs, over which time they learned and adapted.  Those who immediately get another job have a long history of abysmal failures who repeat all of the same mistakes they made the first time, which is exactly what Gase is doing.  There's no valid comparison to be made between him this year and first-time head coaches (they could all turn out to be awful as well, but excessively less evidence to support it).

In my defense, I was adamantly opposed to Gase from the moment he was even mentioned as a candidate (quite literally, the one that I felt to be far and away the worst option), so I'm nothing if not consistent.  I'll concede that anyone previously in favor of the Gase hire are a bit questionable to suddenly feel so differently after seeing more of the same as he has been doing for years.

• Upvote 4

46 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I think we will be shown, over the course of this and the next season (at least) that Adam Gase is not a good NFL Head Coach.  That he will not be a success here.  His resume to-date shows that rather clearly, but as fans often do, they like to blame it on everything but the guy whose production we're evaluating.  But this....if only that....this guy this....that guy that.....

In truth, that is the life of NFL Head Coaches.  There will always be things that happen, players who under-perform or get hurt, that's the NFL.  Eventually you have to overcome that and produce wins as a Head Coach, and more, playoff seasons and title competitors.  Gase has not done that as a Head Coach, and I don't believe I've seen anything from him so far this year to make me believe he will in the future.

His one year, as an O-Co, with one of the greatest QB's who ever lived was nice.  Since Manning and Gase separated, Gase has almost exclusively been a bottom of the league performance kind of guy.  Just like he is now. 

We will see if that changes.

Parcells said it best ..

"You are what your record says you are"!!

Now Gase may turn it around but those are the facts, period!

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Unless you can conclusively prove that he was the mastermind behind Ryan Tannehill's ACL and Sam Darnold's mononucleousis, then Adam Gase is merely the victim of bad luck and his talent as an offensive mind, supported by Peyton Manning, is as yet indisputable.

SAR I

A guy who can afford to lease a 3 series should have enough cognitive ability to see otherwise.

once again, schtick. Youre a funny guy, and a button pusher but good old  highpitch doesnt buy it.  

And i drive a 328i :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

A guy who can afford to lease a 3 series should have enough cognitive ability to see otherwise.

once again, schtick. Youre a funny guy, and a button pusher but good old  highpitch doesnt buy it.  

And i drive a 328i :)

Who are you and why do you act like you’ve been posting on JN for years?

SAR I

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

For the record, it's an unpopular opinion here on Pity Party Defeatist Victim SOJF social media, but not out in the real world.  In the real world, everyone knows the curveball thrown at Gase, he's not responsible for 1-5.

The season starts Sunday.  10 games for Darnold and Gase to prove they can work together, 10 games for Williams to continue to inspire a deficient defense, but this time against teams we are on an even playing field with.  We've just run the gauntlet.  The easy part of the schedule is upon us, finally.  The pathetic Bills went 5-1 against these cripples, now its our turn.

SAR I

More delusion from the hero of the stupid. Do you stutter as well?

"All We are saying......... is give Gase a chance".

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Alls I know SAR I, is that it couldn’t of been worse under a Macarthy regime.

If they’re not competitive against the next bunch of upcoming equally-talented teams, I pray that they cut bait and move on from this guy

• Upvote 2

I get angry with the Jets and take it out on Gase - but truthfully he deserves some time. This roster is trash. But I also hope he sees that he will need to be more of a HC to find success. You cant be a HC of just one side of the ball. He will also need to stop being buddy’s with the players. He should get time because the roster sucks - but if he doesn’t correctly approach the HC position he will eventually fail.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Shill

2 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I get angry with the Jets and take it out on Gase - but truthfully he deserves some time. This roster is trash. But I also hope he sees that he will need to be more of a HC to find success. You cant be a HC of just one side of the ball. He will also need to stop being buddy’s with the players. He should get time because the roster sucks - but if he doesn’t correctly approach the HC position he will eventually fail.

I’m not sure that he’s buddies with his players. Heck, some players in Miami couldn’t stand his guts by the end of the season.

• Sympathy 1

I’m not sure that he’s buddies with his players. Heck, some players in Miami couldn’t stand his guts by the end of the season.

Yeah seems likes he is buddy’s with certain ones. He was buddys with Jamal during training camp for example. He doesnt need to worry about being friends with them. He just needs to coach them.

14 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I'm not out on Gase yet, because I think he has been dealt a historically bad hand in terms of injury luck and bizarre circumstances, but I have seen absolutely nothing to make me think that he is the right guy. 

That about sums it up for me.  Color me not-impressed with the alleged "creativity" he was supposed to bring to the offense and to QB development.  He's not off to a good start.  But it is just that, a start.  

• Upvote 2