Lith

College Gameday Thread 10/26

Ohio State - Wisconsin getting ready to kickoff.  In the rain and wind in Columbus.  Curious to see how Justin Fields handles the weather and a pretty good defense.  Go Badgers!!

Followed by LSU-Auburn.  

Wife and daughter just went out to the movies, so I have the next 7 -8 hours to be left alone, sit on the couch and watch college football.  Perfect way to spend a fall Saturday.

• Upvote 1

And Liincoln Riley with another trick play; but this that ends up in a pick. Leads to a K State TD.  Wildcats up 1 at the half.

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Kstate giving oklahoma all they  can handle and more

And, if OU goes down, that may help open a spot for Notre Dame in the playoffs.  Assuming they beat MIchigan tonight.

Ohio St. is real. @Lith hate saying this before our big show down because I never feel confident going into this game but I'm really happy we're facing Fromm and not Fields. 

And absolutely love watching Oklahoma get boat raced by K St.  what a fraud that program is.

26 minutes ago, Lith said:

And, if OU goes down, that may help open a spot for Notre Dame in the playoffs.  Assuming they beat MIchigan tonight.

ND would be the last team I’d give a playoff spot to. They would get embarrassed again. Probably time they join a conference like everyone else and prove their worth!!

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Ohio St. is real. @Lith hate saying this before our big show down because I never feel confident going into this game but I'm really happy we're facing Fromm and not Fields. 

And absolutely love watching Oklahoma get boat raced by K St.  what a fraud that program is.

OSU and LSU are playing the best ball right now.  Complete teams.  
I wouldn’t be surprised if Oklahoma comes back though.  Still a lot of time.  

8 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Tank for chase young?    Does he fit on the jets defense?

Blow it for Blankenship. 

15 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Tank for chase young?    Does he fit on the jets defense?

Chase Young fits any defense. But we are so starved for talent on the offenisve side of the ball that I can't see is taking Young, even if we are picking top 5.

38 minutes ago, JiF said:

My thoughts mirror yours.  Our offense with Fromm is stale and unimaginative.  Run between the tackles or throw outside the hashes.  With Fields, we would be so much more dynamic.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Chase Young fits any defense. But we are so starved for talent on the offenisve side of the ball that I can't see is taking Young, even if we are picking top 5.

We are starved for talent at CB and pash rush too.   Just curious about him.   I don’t keep up with all of the top players in college football.

7 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

One of these days Oklahoma will realize you need a decent defense to win a Natty. 

You could say the same thing about that entire conference.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Beaver said:

We are starved for talent at CB and pash rush too.   Just curious about him.   I don’t keep up with all of the top players in college football.

No doubt.  Plenty of holes on both sides of the ball.  If its me, though, I am prioritizing offense in the early rounds of the draft.  OL and playmakers.  

4 minutes ago, RobR said:

You could say the same thing about that entire conference.

True.  Giving up 48 points to Kansas State should be embarrassing to them.  Watching Lincoln Riley crying to the refs about the overturned onside kick call was just an added bonus.  

1 hour ago, SpankyJohnson said:

ND would be the last team I’d give a playoff spot to. They would get embarrassed again. Probably time they join a conference like everyone else and prove their worth!!

Not saying I want to see them in it, but they are likely to run the table if they beat Michigan.  After tonight, they close the season with 5 straight unranked teams.  Meanwhile, SEC teams are going to be beating up on each other.  Ohio State and Penn State play each other.  OU will drop after the L today and I can see ND rising in the rankings if they win out.

15 minutes ago, Lith said:

Not saying I want to see them in it, but they are likely to run the table if they beat Michigan.  After tonight, they close the season with 5 straight unranked teams.  Meanwhile, SEC teams are going to be beating up on each other.  Ohio State and Penn State play each other.  OU will drop after the L today and I can see ND rising in the rankings if they win out.

I agree.  A one loss ND team will get a lot of consideration, unless you get 2 one loss SEC teams.  If that happens and Clemson and OSU run the table, then I don’t think ND gets in. 

40 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

One of these days Oklahoma will realize you need a decent defense to win a Natty. 

Oregon seems to be have learned that lesson.  We still aren't going to win a Natty because Pac-12 ineptitude is killing the ability to compete on a national level.  But I wish we had this year's defense with some of those Kelly offenses.

1 minute ago, pdxgreen said:

Oregon seems to be have learned that lesson.  We still aren't going to win a Natty because Pac-12 ineptitude is killing the ability to compete on a national level.  But I wish we had this year's defense with some of those Kelly offenses.

Oregon is on the right track.  Their recruiting classes have been really impressive.  They are kind of in the same boat as Clemson right now where they need to go undefeated to make the playoff because their conference is bad.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

Oregon is on the right track.  Their recruiting classes have been really impressive.  They are kind of in the same boat as Clemson right now where they need to go undefeated to make the playoff because their conference is bad.  

Yeah.  Still don't know where we will end up or if we have the overall depth.  But last weeks win was big.