College Gameday Thread 10/26

Lith

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup.  But if we go anywhere near Derrick Brown in the draft, I am done.  The kid is a beast, but lets let someone else draft the interior DL high in the first.

Lol...I remember saying the same exact thing about Quinnen last year. 
I can hear it now

“With the 5th pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the New York Jets select, Derrick Brown, defensive tackle out of Auburn”. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup.  But if we go anywhere near Derrick Brown in the draft, I am done.  The kid is a beast, but lets let someone else draft the interior DL high in the first.

edit -  Did not even see Rob's post jyst above mine.

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

Lol...I remember saying the same exact thing about Quinnen last year. 
I can hear it now

“With the 5th pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the New York Jets select, Derrick Brown, defensive tackle out of Auburn”. 

Not gonna happen this year. I am 100% sure of that.

4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I’d be happy with any top oline OT, C or OG. 

We'll more than likely have a top 10 pick, and if that is the case I'm grabbing a tackle. I'd rather wait for a guard, and especially a center.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

A lot of people think that way. I’m more in the line of thinking if the guy is good and you need him take him. 

But we need tackles more than anything else. Edoga is the only guy we have under contract next year. And I'd never draft a C top 10.....that would be crazy.

4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I’d take Mangold or Mawae over anyone we’ve drafted in the first round outside of Darnold and Revis in the last 20 years. 

Mangold and Mawae were both selected in the 30's. I don't believe a center has ever been a top 10 pick and I sure as hell wouldn't break tradition. You can get those guys later because they don't have to be as athletic.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Chase Young fits any defense. But we are so starved for talent on the offenisve side of the ball that I can't see is taking Young, even if we are picking top 5.

But if we do take defense, he’d be the one I’m OK with. And actually impacts the game in a big way. 

But yeah if we’re faced with the best OT, I’m taking him.  

1 minute ago, RobR said:

Mangold and Mawae were both selected in the 30's. I don't believe a center has ever been a top 10 pick and I sure as hell wouldn't break tradition. You can get those guys later because they don't have to be as athletic.

I’d still rather have them over the other first round picks. Either one of those guys helps this team and Darnold day one. Obviously I’d rather have an OT but if there’s not one available then I’d go OC or OG. 

1 hour ago, RobR said:

Edwards-Helaire is a total stud. Guy has a nasty jump cut. Reminds me a bit of Emmitt Smith.

Total stud. Great lateral movement, soft hands, great explosion, and he's tough to get down. Get him in green and white......make it happen JD.

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Just a sh*tty set of plays by lsu , if the rb or the qb just bounce it outside on any of their runs they walk it intothe endzone but they stuffed their faces right into the line.

Especially with the wet field.

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Was already 100x more exciting than all the Jets plays this year combined 

Nice play, but Nix looks lost and flustered out there.  I thought he was a decent QB prospect earlier in the season, but the LSU defense has him rattled today.

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Nice play, but Nix looks lost and flustered out there.  I thought he was a decent QB prospect earlier in the season, but the LSU defense has him rattled today.

Not so fast. I can't believe Auburn is still in this but even if they lose they're a top team.

• Haha 1