joewilly12

***The Official*** NY Jets-Jacksonville Jaguars Game Thread.

7 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Darnold can both be not the reason we’re losing this game, and not the answer at QB.

He's currently playing his 17th career game.  I think you would be the first to point out just how bad the Jets roster has been in those 17 games.  He's had plenty of instances of good play, plenty of poor play.  He's played under two awful coaches.

If you think you've seen enough to give up on him, more power to you.  That seems a bit ridiculous to me, but he certainly has not proven he doesn't have a way to go.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, TeddEY said:

Yes, the team is trash, but that doesn’t excuse the dumb stuff he does with the ball.

I wouldn’t necessarily draft a QB high next year, because there are so many needs, so we’re talking about opinions, not a plan, with regard to “giving up.”

I completely agree.  He is too careless with the ball.  I truley believe part of that is he knows the only chance the Jets have to win games is if he makes plays all the time and he forces throws trying to make plays. If the entire weight of the offensive success wasn't centered on his ability to escape and make plays, I don't think he'd force as much.

I could be completely wrong about that 

• Upvote 1

That's two straight absolute terrible calls on Adams.  Those who hate him will like in, but deep down they know those were both awful 

• Upvote 3

That's two straight absolute terrible calls on Adams.  Those who hate him will like in, but deep down they know those were both awful 

• Upvote 1

That's two straight absolute terrible calls on Adams.  Those who hate him will pile on, but deep down they know those were both awful 

• Like 1

Just now, Xtina said:

OK WE GET IT 

Haha.  I have no idea what happened there.  This forum needs a delete post function.  I tried changing some of them to something else but I don't know if I got all of them and am not going back to look anymore

Keeping Bell in to help protect.  Novel idea.  It's as if Gase worries to much about how to use him creatively rather than realize how he helps the current version of this team.

• Upvote 2

Harrison Made the same damn mistake passing off a basic tackle/end twist as Kalil and the rest of the line.  The fact that the unit as a whole constantly make the same errors regardless of personnel, that tells me whoever is in charge of the OL unit is not doing their job.

• Upvote 4

Every time they pan in on Fournette, I can't help but think he looks exactly like Omar from The Wire.

• Upvote 1

I don't know where Kyle Phillips is from, how old he is, or how we got him, but he's solid.

Just now, kdels62 said:

Oh man the Leo injury would be icing on the cake. But Gardner Minshew scoring after a Sam Darnold interception, with Leo Williams missing a sack and a TD catch right in front of Jamal is a Macc Grand Slam.

I was waiting for someone to blame Adams for not covering his teammates man assignment that his teammate bailed on.

Wow.  That play had 3 receivers finishing their routes within about a 2 yard box.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Hopefully we suck enough for Trevor Lawrence. 

Why?  He's not very good.

• Upvote 2

Just now, JiF said:

Oh

You are giving up on a seemingly turnover prone Darnold for Lawrence who has all the same decision making issues?  I'd love to hear the thought process behind that.

Just now, GangGreenDover said:

Sam Darnold garbage Scary in the pocket aNd misses easy reads only strength is extending plays outside the pocket 

Adam Gase ain’t making it no better his offense is too simple and over complexed I haven’t seen us run behind a Fullback all year, not enough roll out plays, no slip motions to catch defense off guard, no RPO reads ,trick plays or nothing just pathetic 

Too simple and over complex all at once.  No wonder we stink.

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

If 53 TD's and 15 turnovers are what you consider prone than I dont think it's worth the conversation. 

Clearly you don't watch,  so yeah, it's not worth the conversation.

Tank for Trevor!  Or Tua! Or whichever name I've heard!

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company