joewilly12

***The Official*** NY Jets-Jacksonville Jaguars Game Thread.

I'm seeing a lot of Browning Nagle in this guy suddenly...

Just kidding...but the Jax QB outplaying him.

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Most delay of game penalties in the league ...

at least we're the best at something...

seriously, I believe Kraft owns both these teams...

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Holy crap is Gase even watching the game????

As much as any of us are...I'm actually mostly 'not here', kinda like the OL and QB.

1 minute ago, fullblast said:

Kalil might retire at halftime.

newsflash: he's never UN-retired...

1 minute ago, Bomberjet said:

Agreed, Crowder should have turned much quicker with that blitz coming - no feel for how to make the adjustment

They do seem unaware frequently, which, under the circumstances--the Jets putrid OL--it would seem to logical to coach them to do that...but no...

1 minute ago, SpartanJet said:

Only idiots would say that Minshew better than Darnold when Minshew has an actual offensive line and real wide receivers

I don't think name calling makes an argument. Darnold's back-foot throwing is not ALL on the OL. His not throwing the ball away after escaping is not on the OL. His "seeing ghosts" isn't all on the OL.

It's just as I believe: you can have Ben Rothlesberger behind the Jets OL and it would be something similar. Which is why I believe:

• It's STUPID to draft a 'Franchise QB' without at least a semblance of a dominant OL and
  • Sam Darnold has become a turnover machine, either fumbling or throwing INTs. and
  • that is not all on the OL...theres
  • I'm not sure he's being coached. Nobody seems to be. 
  • Upvote 2

Just now, MS jets Fan said:

Amazing enough the Game is still not out of reach.   We get the ball to start the 3rd that will be the big test.   Pick on the D all you all want the Offense is no help what so ever.

Not according to the Jacksonville announcers...

7 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

That's what teams say when they can't accept the fact that they're just not talented enough to win.

no argument there, except that they beat the Cowboys, who have AT LEAST as much talent as the Jax cats.

Franchise QBs: Influence the game

Non Franchise QBs: get influenced BY the game

Darnold is...

• Upvote 1

Personally, I believe Darnold has the important talents to be a Franchise QB. But he is hampered by a poor OL and, outside of that, is making poor decisions and not taking care of the ball.

I've seen this movie before: Marc Sanchez, for example. BUT, unlike Mark Sanchez, Darnold actually has the arm and stature to become what Sanchez never could. That said, Darnold is playing like sh!!t and his OL is playing its normal crap. So, Darnold is going to have to find a way not to turn the ball over like it's his first NFL game, every game. Cause the OL probably ain't turning into the Cowboys OL anytime soon.

And his fans who can't even acknowledge ANY mistake aren't helping...geez, he's a 2nd-year QB in his second system behind a crap OL and undertalented WR corps. But he needs to be reigned in and actually coached not to make the same stupid mistakes over and over.

• Upvote 1

thing is, I see nothing interesting about Gase's "scheme"...

no-back sets with a poor OL and a virtual rookie QB. Looks like garbage.

I actually kinda like the Jets defensive foundation...yeah, absolutely need CBs and speed rusher(s) but you win games in the trenches, primarily, and they have good inside guys and, LOL safeties. It's primarily outside where they need help.

Too bad they need OL AND WRs on offense. At least Griffin looks great at TE and the other idiot Herndon. that's about it for that unit.

• Upvote 1

"we haven't seen Trumain Johnson in a while..."

Thank God for little favors

• Upvote 1

So, according to the apologists, even when the line holds up and Darnold throws into coverage it's the OL's fault.

Well, that would be the definition of "apologist" so I think I have that right.

You can't at one be at once "Franchise QB" and "turnover machine". Darnold shows the maturity of ANY QB with his amount of experience. No more or less. Darnold has a ways to go before anyone can rightly anoint him "franchise qb" his record hasn't earned it. He still has potential...but his head is not there yet.

my God, if Geno Smith had done this...

I actually like that he's thrown the ball away and taken a sack or two. Because that's better than throwing into coverage late, like Richard Todd.

3 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Roll the motherfuucking pocket!!!!!

who does that? with a mobile qb...

"You're Hired!!"

Apparently Charlie Casserly didn't approve this HC hire.

Well, gents. Thanks for the venting forum.

I'm out for the rest of the day. Good luck....and god bless Sam Darnold.

• Like 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company