joewilly12

***The Official*** NY Jets-Jacksonville Jaguars Game Thread.

So basically, Darnold struggles when he's blitz. Giving time, he picks apart the defense. Solution, experience and a new OL. 

Just saw some stats on Google. Searches for "#60 Jets" spiked 2000% in the last two minutes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's a good no call. The Jags player held Pooles ankle while he was trying to get up. 

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

How does Gase honestly survive this season.

They've been competitive in two games all year.  Otherwise, blown out week after week.  Forget about playing meaningful games at the end of the season..

How about a few meaningful plays at the end of a game!

If they play like this the rest of the season, I don't think he survives. If they somehow start competing in games, then I think he survives by putting blame on the OL. 

• Upvote 1

That screen actually looked like a good idea. But why is it when other teams run plays like that, blockers look like they are mowing down the D? Yet with the Jets, blockers look like roaches trying to hide from the light. 

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

I get it, but the same players or lesser talented players last season were merely bad. Now they're beyond atrocious. 

Despite being so inept, nothing in the blocking scheme has changed. Maybe go back to what these guys were doing last season instead of just hammering these square pegs into the round holes

That's on Gase. Last year, the pass blocking was average. The OL was bad last year because they couldn't run block. This year, they cant run block and pass block. 

• Upvote 1

Darnold not being able to handle the blitz is a concern, but it's clear he can play when giving time.

• Upvote 1

What a tough break. I was just about to say the OL is looking better with Harrison in there. 

That drive would have been so different if it weren't for the pass interference. Had Robby not been interfered...what could have been . 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company